Zeta Products.net
Zeta Products, Inc. manufactures quality accessories for today's hottest vehicles! Our motoring accessories are designed to add value and comfort to your vehicle.

GD3 leather red stitching shiftboot

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2013, 09:54 PM
5 Year Member
GD3 leather red stitching shiftboot

Looking at purchasing this shift boot. Has anyone else purchased it? I do have one concern though, does it fit with or without modification. If modification, how difficult to install?

Old 08-12-2013, 06:15 PM
5 Year Member
101 views and not a single person has had any experience?

Okay well I am going to go ahead and order the boot. I don't see why not. I do have a question and hopefully someone will be able to answer, if not I guess ill ask Zeta directly.

Is the shift boot adapter required for this shift boot? I don't want to go out and order the boot and then realize it sags or doesn't match right up to the shift knob. If that is going to be the case I will order the shift boot adapter. I would just like to order them both at the same time if is a necessity for the adapter. Rather do that then order the boot, install it, and then realize i need the adapter and wait another couple of weeks for that to arrive. Any insight in regards to the necessity of shift boot adapters would be appreciated.

Old 08-13-2013, 10:55 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by GinoLicious
101 views and not a single person has had any experience?

Okay well I am going to go ahead and order the boot. I don't see why not. I do have a question and hopefully someone will be able to answer, if not I guess ill ask Zeta directly.

Is the shift boot adapter required for this shift boot? I don't want to go out and order the boot and then realize it sags or doesn't match right up to the shift knob. If that is going to be the case I will order the shift boot adapter. I would just like to order them both at the same time if is a necessity for the adapter. Rather do that then order the boot, install it, and then realize i need the adapter and wait another couple of weeks for that to arrive. Any insight in regards to the necessity of shift boot adapters would be appreciated.
The shift boot adapter is designed to be used with an aftermarket or OEM metal shift knob and replaces the locking nut that allows you to adjust the knob so the shift pattern lines up in the correct direction. The OEM plastic knob typically has a plastic collar that snaps into the OEM knob, when changing to a metal knob the plastic collar doesn't snap into the knob anymore.