The Wasteland The wasteland is unmoderated. Please do not enter if you have a weak stomach or can easily be offended. Only Administrators will have the right to moderate posts here.

lol emo kids

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 02:07 AM
5 Year Member
you know what though, ive seen a couple of really really cute emo girls.

goth girls too!

one girl all the sudden went from hot sexy dancer to emo...shaved her head in the back. and she was still sexy. even though she looked like a train wreck. but still but i would say 95% of the others are just straight ugly and stupid looking.

Old 04-22-2008, 02:25 AM
Originally Posted by SD_MR_FIT
Don't worry, I understand your dilemma.

Old 04-22-2008, 10:29 PM
Master FitFaker. CHEA!
Originally Posted by SD_MR_FIT
very true!
(this may sound real ***, but i just went on myspace, then "View all bulletins"
just found a pretty decent scene girl (i have 1,000's))

i mean, you KNOW you're scene when you take pictures with your damn sidekick

Old 04-22-2008, 10:53 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kyle.
very true!
(this may sound real ***, but i just went on myspace, then "View all bulletins"
just found a pretty decent scene girl (i have 1,000's))

i mean, you KNOW you're scene when you take pictures with your damn sidekick
PIIHB! (If you were/are on 8thcivic, you'll know the meaning.)

Old 04-22-2008, 11:08 PM
Master FitFaker. CHEA!
Originally Posted by cojaro
awww, i was on for like 2 weeks years ago.
care to explain?

Old 04-22-2008, 11:11 PM
Master FitFaker. CHEA!
Originally Posted by cojaro
ahh ahh my bad,
Put It In Her Badaonkadonk
doh!

Old 04-23-2008, 12:35 AM
I choose not to comment on this..........

though i would love to.

Old 04-24-2008, 10:43 AM
-2 on the emo scale for me!

I pulled this page up and there was an ad for taking the how emo are you test. Just thought that was kinda random. That is all.

Old 05-23-2008, 03:29 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kelsodeez
damn, that term "emo" pisses me off. ten years ago, there was no emo, screamo, hardcore or any of those labels. it was all punk rock. there was no crying, no bitching, no spoiled kids from the suburbs adopting a style that they thought was cool. it was about music and kicking each others asses and getting drunk and saying f*ck you to the authorities. music these days has been so bastardized and classified so corporations are able to sell products better with sub categories. i hate labels. i hate money, and i hate emo kids! the whole hot topic punk movement is entirely to blame.

i totally agree, though i not gonna lie and say i didn't go to shows were you just enjoyed the music and didn't want to kill someone.

I remember BEFORE it was called emo...there wasn't really a genre. I guess what i hate is scenkids...but i feel that even acknowledging them with that name is giving them to much credit. these are the hot topic goers, the ones who have nothing to complain about.

a lot of the music is awful too, what ever happened to music that was loud, hard, but also melodic? there are still a few band that do this, but they are def not on any emo kids top ten.

i remember when i used to wear girl-ish jeans...i just liked the way they looked. and it was cause i was going through my mars volta phase. they wore/wear girls jeans but mars volta does not =emo. I had an eyeliner phase, but that was mostly because of listening to placebo and just being obsessed with pirates of the carribean and the cure. (and to a lesser extent edward scissorhands. )

to echo what chikubi said earlier, it has become very sensationalized. I was chilling in the lunch room at work and my sisters middle school came out on the news: apparently a student of around 13 years old came forward to talk about this new thing called 'emo' a practice where kids (i guess scene kids or the younger brothers or sisters of them?) were cutting themselves.

So now what does the general public think it is? a cutting ritual practiced by tormented and demented kids.

I tell you, if you are scene kid who drives a fit, and you are reading this, stop feeding this crap to your siblings, stop it. now. sure my little bros know who thursday and ATDI are, but they are cool enough to call it indie rock. no cutting required.

Old 07-07-2008, 10:10 PM
5 Year Member
no offense but i bet barely any of you really know anything about emo and just see the little kids nowadays. ive been into it for going on 11 years now. love the music, its not about fashion, just like punk was and still isnt about the fashion. i dont wear chick clothes(well i do own a couple hats from the womens section, but that doesnt count), but i dont wear clothes that fall off of me either, i wear clothes that fit. whatever it is as long as its you. yeah the kids that do it just to fit in are RETARDED. i dont hang out with any of em. you get into my car and im mostly rockin bands like i hate myself and seatia. still love the new stuff too, like bright eyes, dashboard confessional and new found glory. my all time favorite band is GG Allin. dont judge what you dont know and never base a scene off the masses, most likely its a false representation. i hear shit almost every day by assholes who think im like the retarded 14 year old that you all see today(and not because i dress like em, but because of the colors i wear...pinks my favorite, or because im not afraid to tell people i love em if i do, i tell my friends all the time, i hug all my guy friends, chick friends, whatever. i have my heart tattooed on my sleeve, and esperer(french for to hope or to be optimistic). its not cool. just leave em be and they will grow out of it in a few years. some of us really listen to the music because we can relate to it. not everyone has lived a sheltered life and wake up wanting to be somebody they arent, some of us found something that brings us comfort, in whatever form it is, knowing that others have been through it, feel the same way, have the same anxieties. whatever it is some of us couldnt make it through the day without it. we have our own shit to deal with and dont need people putting us down. and most of the people i know that listen to it actually have a reason to(i dont know any high schoolers, so cant say anything about them) but the people i know have their reasons. abusive parents, anxiety, depression. i spent most of my youth in institutions, rehab, or getting arrested when i was listenin to punk 24/7 and acting crazy. without finding "emo" i would still be an angry adult who couldnt express how he felt. i still listen to punk, but i learned how to express myself through the music i found years ago. i need it and love the music. lots of us do.

how can people sit there and judge a scene by the masses? and what REALLY pisses me off is all the "kill yourself already, heres some razors" theres too many people on the verge of losing it all. and you never know who its gonna be that youre really gonna effect in a negative way. may be youll say it to some douche who is into it to look cool and he'll go home and find something else to fit into, may be youll say it to somebody whos really actually just hurt and beatin down by society, family or life in general and they take your advice.

im not trying to be a dick, but think about others...

Last edited by kancerr; 07-07-2008 at 10:29 PM.
Old 01-07-2009, 01:14 AM
well said, i was sort of into that scene a few years ago but i just found something that made me happy (FiT!) and i'm just a different person now, i never dressed like that but i had the same attitude, and i dont like it when ppl call others emo or say go cut yourself, thats pretty much like calling a black person the n word or saying a mexican is a dirty theif. just not cool

Old 01-07-2009, 02:02 AM
5 Year Member
LMAO dumb emos! soo stupid i swear! LMAO!!!

Old 01-07-2009, 02:05 AM
south park handled this perfectly with the vampire episode it had me rolling

Old 01-07-2009, 08:05 PM
lol that episode was sweet, i have it on my ipod

Old 01-07-2009, 08:50 PM
5 Year Member
i would also like to point out that emo has been around for nearly 30 years... think back to bands like rites of spring...they werent labeled emo for a long time, but everybody refered to them as emo back then...the term emo came from punk bands back in the 80s, the term emo has been around for quite some time...there is nothing wrong with emo... people have just screwed up the image. all the people you all are calling emo probably dont know shit about the scene. i love it but i wouldnt consider myself "emo" nor would i label myself any of it. all those kids are posers, so how about everybody bashes on 'emo posers'? ;D and if you really think about it... all the "emo" kids have been dressing just like "fashion punks" have for years. i really think people need to learn about a culture before they go shit talking.

how can you hate something you dont know the first thing about? its just ****ing ignorant.

if anybody wants to bother and try to educate themselves heres a semi decent link...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emo_(slang) enjoy...

emo is the same as it was before...the music has changed but all music has changed, look at punk over the last decades, we have what is refered to as 77, 82, then you got the new shit, most often refered to as pop punk...genres and their sound will always change, it doesnt mean the ideals arent the same. there will always be kids who look up to different scenes and immitate them, dont judge a entire group of people by a few lame individuals. ;/

Old 01-07-2009, 10:13 PM
I have/had the attitude of emo except I'm less open about it. I don't get as eccentric, I keep it to myself.

As for goth, I dress to the point where people everywhere look at me strange. Neon green shoelaces on black shoes, never wear jeans, and usually band tshirts or shirts with little saying/quotes on them. I guess it's more grunge/raver/punk than goth/emo, but I don't really care. I haven't grown out of my high school style yet and I'm almost 25 lol :P wear what you like, if it's comfortable who cares?

There's nothing wrong with not dressing the part of the collared/plain shirt-wearing, top-40 listening masses. It just shows you have either no desire to be considered normal by people who are really not normal themselves (nobody is), or you feel like you don't belong to the norm of society. If we didn't have variety, if we didn't have people who don't dress and act like 99% of the blue and white-collared country, I guarantee we'd be worse off today.

This is me wearing hot topic gothpants and a neon green watch that get me made fun of all the time by people on the ship. I don't do it to get laughed at. I do it because I actually like the style. Sigh. There is no wrong way to dress, no wrong way to act. As long as you do your job and don't commit any crimes to yourself or others, you are the same as everyone else. Therefore it should not matter to anybody how you dress and act outside of work.

Last edited by trancedsailor; 01-07-2009 at 10:17 PM.
Old 01-07-2009, 11:32 PM
5 Year Member
True, it shouldn't matter. But that's the utopian view. Social norms and social trends tend to shun the outliers, the things that aren't very common or way too far out to garner the general populace's acceptance.

I prefer jeans, t-shirt/collared shirt [depending on weather] and some music that's rarely in the top 40 popular tunes.
Reminds me of one of my favorite songs XD

"I'm so indie that my shirt don't fit
you wonder out loud 'frontalot yo why you come so ill-equipped?'
because being all prepared to get on the mic is selling out
and I ain't even about to relinquish indie clout
I look confused, like I just got out of bed,
my rhyme style reflects this
use my overdeveloped sense of irony to deflect dis-
missiles, exploding all around me
unpromoted, don't know how you found me
soundly situated in obscurityland
famous in inverse proportion to how cool I am
and should I ever garner triple-digit fans
you can tell me then there's someone I ain't indier than

(he's so indie) indie I be
ain't an obscurer rapper out there who be indier than me
(he's so indie) indie, and how!
come not near to me; for I be indier than thou
(he's so indie) indie indeed
if I were on an indie label you could call me mainstream
(he's so indie) indie I am
all the better for the frontalot to leverage his brand

"I am sought of them that asked not for me;
I am found of them that sought me not...
These are a smoke in my nose."

delving deep into my letterbox when I discovered
fanmail for MC FRONT, it kinda hovered
before my vision, I made a decision to open it up
it said "yo frontalot, you suck!"
oh whew, I was worried for a second that I'd started to earn love
seeing all my indie points burned up
next you know I'm meeting pop stars in stretched cars
doing the soundtrack for the wendy's tie-in with jar jar
paying rent on time, owning things,
suing napster with my best friend sting
it's like a nightmare (yep) cause that ain't nerdcore (nope)
yes I'm indier than thou within my nerdcore flow
and if you're slow on the uptake, I'll lay it out
hipsterism is a religion to which you gotta be devout
must be seen as in-between, unpopular and hated
or else get excommunicated"

Old 01-07-2009, 11:36 PM
Master FitFaker. CHEA!
tight pants ftw

**** all haters