Fit accident #2.. vs. 08 civic

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2008, 12:19 AM
spoon fed
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by scorpmatt
my car's current value is about 15k w/ 46k miles.

If the cost of repairs reach that amount they will probably total it out.

Which sucks as I still owe 16k on it.
that sucks hope all will go well.

Old 10-08-2008, 09:34 AM
5 Year Member
Dang Matt. You definitely have me beat. Mine is all cosmetic thankfully. Hope it gets fixed soon and glad you're alright.

Old 10-08-2008, 01:41 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks guys, I appreciate all of the comments.

They should be calling me tomorrow with an update on the car. Have them calling me every 2 days.

I'm just praying that when she goes onto the frame machine that it's all straight.

Old 10-17-2008, 05:14 PM
5 Year Member
Alright, finally went over and got an update on my car.

The cost of repairs has gone up significantly, but they are still repairing it.

Total cost is now 11,005.82

Once they tore it apart they found that they need to replace the engine cradle (can be done without engine pull), repair the a-pillar (i knew that already since it had to be done before), replace the drivers axle (duh)... driver's suspension, yada yada.

Lots of work to be done. Right now they are waiting on suspension components to come in so they can install them and get it onto the frame measurer and what not.

The visual inspection came back negative on frame tweakage.

I'll add more updates as I get them.

Old 10-17-2008, 05:31 PM
Administrator
5 Year Member
that's amazing that they priced it that high (not a bad thing). Glad they are fixing it for you even with that high of an estimate.

a member here got t-boned, no airbags deployed, and they gave him a repair estimate of $5800. the roof at the b-pillar crumpled, major side damage.

and with that total, they wont total it out?

Old 10-17-2008, 05:47 PM
5 Year Member
with 46k miles she's worth 15k. I think he said that if it goes over 12k total, they will total it out.

Old 10-17-2008, 06:56 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Hope they can get your repairs done and you'll be back on the road in no time at all. Just watch out for those
crazy Civics! and their drivers.

Cat :x

Old 10-18-2008, 11:57 PM
Retired Moderator
JDM Front end ...

Sorry about that crash!! Crazy...

Old 10-19-2008, 12:04 AM
spoon fed
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
JDM Front end ...

Sorry about that crash!! Crazy...
and j's fender braces too.

Old 12-03-2008, 10:04 PM
5 Year Member
alright, here is, hopefully, the final update on this accident.

The shop was fully cleared by Pemco to repair the Fit. The total after all initial work was done was $11,309. There was a couple minor things I noticed in the parking lot prior to full approval. Driver's marker light wasn't there and the grille wasn't clipped right. They fixed this right away, no extra charge.

I drove to a Fit meet in renton and found out that the driver's mirror and driver's window weren't operating correctly. Mirror, not working at all. Window would go up and down, but not auto down like its supposed to. Also found out that the cd player didn't want to eject cds anymore...

Returned to shop with these complaints. They fixed the mirror, some how wire had gotten pulled out of place. They had to order a switch for the window so I had to wait a day. They looked at the stereo, got the cd out that was in there and said that it needs to be replaced. Pemco, at this point, said that my stereo had lost 20% in value, if I wanted a stock stereo, I had to pay $200. They also said they'd give me a $600 vocher to cartoys for an aftermarket stereo.

I got the car back and went to cartoys, after 3 days of dealing with them and getting everything squared away, I opted for an alpine double din dvd player. This costed me an extra $220. Stereo now sounds better than stock, stock was an alpine 50x4, this one is the same wattage, but higher RMS.

Soon after cartoys the car was back at the shop as the window switch didn't fix the issue. They told me to take the car to the dealer to have them look at it.

So, off to the dealer I went, after getting an appointment. I've had the car now 1.5 weeks, put couple hundred miles on it since initial repair. I noticed on the way to the dealer that the trans didn't feel right. Kinda like how the auto trans on the supra feels when she's low on fluid. I had the dealer check it out. They called me late in the afternoon, have to keep the car over night as they have spent the entire day on the phone with Honda Tech talking about the window and trans.

Next day I get a call, early afternoon, the trans has a crack in it "was this car in an accident?"

I explain it was, service guy gives me the details, I call the repair shop, they tow it to their shop and call Pemco... they also pay the $100 fee to honda for diagnosis. They spend awhile trying to locate said crack. They find it, it's not the in easiest of places. on the underside, where the axle covers the trans... yay. They get the approval for 3rd set of work from Pemco (2nd was switch and stereo). Trans gets order and 1 week later the trans arrives from honda, out of ohio. Trans gets installed, driving much better now. That bill is $5,526

Back to the dealer for window switch issues. The dealer had ordered a master switch and by the time i got the car back from the shop, they had the switch in. They get the new switch in and nothing, still failure. The service guy tells me they will find out what the issue is that day. He calls me back later in the evening, says he finally got someone smart at honda tech They tested the window motor, found out it's not sending proper signals to the switch. They have to order a new motor/regulator. I pick up the car and wait for the motor to come in.

The motor came in last Friday afternoon. I got an appointment for this Tuesday. Car goes in for motor replacement. Get a call at almost 3pm, "Car is done, everything is working." YAY! I get to the dealer, he hands me a copy of the paper work. $551 is the total, covered under warranty.

The totals I have are as follows:

Initial Repair: $11,309
2nd Repair $600
3rd Repair $5,526
4th Repair $551 (warranty)

im just as glad they didn't total it or i'd be out of a car... let's see, 15k for the car.. I owe 16k, no gap as the car was bought used... guess I'm the one to get screwed by their dumbass bitch that can't drive.

Old 12-03-2008, 10:08 PM
spoon fed
5 Year Member
glad everything worked out. sorta. see you sat at the meet?

Old 12-03-2008, 10:33 PM
5 Year Member
yep, i'll be there

Old 12-03-2008, 10:39 PM
Banned
That tranny repair is scary, no wonder they total new cars if the repair costs get close to the half worth of the vehicle. Now you ought to be good for a few years, numbers wise you have had enough accidents for a couple of decades.

Start flashing those headlights next time a texting driver decides to go over the centre line. I assume everyone is texting.....soon in F1 as well.

Old 12-03-2008, 10:54 PM
Master FitFaker. CHEA!
both of you have mad JDM stance now yo

Old 12-03-2008, 11:08 PM
5 Year Member
The trans repair is the cost of a new (read, reman trans, no more new trans for the 07 fits) trans, frieght, and install.