Texas Fits, Anything goes thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2009, 09:24 AM
5 Year Member
Say goodbye to saturn!!!

Old 10-01-2009, 02:15 PM
omfg bluecell, was that your car at the cupcake meet? it was extreme sexy. lmao

i had that booboo black fit.

i havent done anything performance wise, but i got some badges, the jazz emblem, and hid and fogs. im planning to get some lowering springs soon. but my k20 motor is farrrrrr from being done lmao

Last edited by donle817; 10-01-2009 at 02:20 PM.
Old 10-01-2009, 02:20 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by donle817
omfg bluecell, was that your car at the cupcake meet? it was extreme sexy. lmao
Wow, Um, Thanks, I guess? O.o?

Old 10-01-2009, 02:45 PM
5 Year Member
HIN Dallas is Canceled. :bummed:

Old 10-01-2009, 04:04 PM
5 Year Member
What happend to the HIN show ?

Old 10-01-2009, 04:15 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Saved
My dream of owning a NSX has just gone down a notch. I now dream of owing a domestic. The Ariel Atom. What do you think about it? Welcome to Ariel Atom

Here's the Top Gear review.
If you think that is cool check out on youtube or where ever the Caterham R500... Blow the nonexistent door off the Ariel Atom... Find the video of Stig beating the living piss out of it and almost break the track record, RIDICULOUS!!

Caterham R500 > Atom K20r s/c... UUuunnnnllleesssss, you tuned a Atom. There is a guy in Puerto Rico, actually a group of buddies that bought 3 Ariel Atoms with the GM Cobalt motors not the K20r's... they should have had 300 whp (so arial told them) but when they dyno'd them they only made about 220whp... Dude was pissed big lawsuit followed.
Anyways the guy went ahead and had the supercharger Ecotech motor turbo'd and is now making... 430whp!!!! running on full Hoosiers... 0-60 2.5 seconds!! 0-100 8seceonds!! and 1/4 mile hi 10's ~ low 11's !! looks really cool with a big intercool out back and sounds completely tweaked!!

I know I have some pics... will try to post them later, when I get home

Old 10-01-2009, 04:33 PM
5 Year Member
Old 10-01-2009, 04:47 PM
Originally Posted by FitFlowjoe
What happend to the HIN show ?
Cancelled from what I heard.

Old 10-01-2009, 05:05 PM
5 Year Member
"HIN 2009 Tour Info / Changes
Filed under Eye on HIN
Words by Webmaster on 10/1/2009
Photos by

Hello HIN and Rivalry Nights customers and fans,

We first want to thank everyone who has participated, and continues to participate in our HIN 2009 Tour. Due to unforeseen circumstances and a very difficult economic climate, we have had to cancel a few shows this year. This year has presented a challenge in the launching of our new Rivalry Nights brand in a difficult business environment, and as a result, we have regretfully had to cancel a number of Rivalry Nights events, of which HIN was a part.

Therefore, moving forward we will be canceling all of the remaining Rivalry Nights tour with the exception of Jacksonville. Jacksonville will be the next show for HIN, and with the support of the Jacksonville business community and civic leaders, we’re going to score the first touchdown of the big game weekend.

Looking ahead to the rest of 2009, we are going to add a new Southern California event to the calendar, as well as finishing our season on a high note with our super show in Phoenix.

As difficult as the year has been, HIN has continued to see record numbers attending our shows. With the success of the Speed Channel show, new international shows being launched next year, and a new video game launch for 2010, we expect the HIN brand to be the strongest it has ever been. Hot Import Nights is an eleven-year-old brand with credentials in the marketplace and it’s going to return stronger than ever.

Customers who purchased their tickets or car registrations online will receive a refund for their full purchase price including the service fees. We are working to establish the most efficient way to do this as we changed upstream providers mid season and don’t have access to electronically refund every transaction. If you purchased your tickets through Walgreens or Wei’s Pharmacies, you can return to the store for an immediate refund.

We are preparing an FAQ to help answer questions. If you have a specific concern, you can send an email to refunds@hinevents.com

I apologize for any inconvenience these changes may have caused in your schedules, and we look forward to seeing you again in 2009, 2010 and beyond.

Sincerely,

Cary Floyd
President"

Old 10-03-2009, 07:49 PM
5 Year Member
oh well stance of the union meet and another last minute meet after i hope!

Old 10-03-2009, 08:07 PM
5 Year Member
NOS and Team 16Niss is planning an after show. It will be held after Stance of the Union. More details to come.

Old 10-05-2009, 01:30 AM
5 Year Member
whats up guys. i decided to come back from the grave and mod my car again...not going big this time, but it'll look decent enough to show at meets and stuff. for those of you that don't know me, i'm honda_david. i drive an 07 ssm fit sport, and i attended the very first texas fit meet. some of you may have seen me at houston-imports also. looking forward to meeting some of you at future events.

Old 10-05-2009, 08:27 PM
5 Year Member
Since Hot Import Nights Dallas has been cancelled, NOS & Team 16 Niss are teaming up to create a replacement event for the weekend that HIN was supposed to fall on. All teams & crews are invited. Come rep your crew/team like you would at a car show.

Now we know Stance of the Union is shaping up to be an event to remember, so this meet will be scheduled later in the night. People driving in from out of town for Stance of the Union will be able to go dinner and relax for awhile, then head to the NOS/16niss meet later in the night.

When:
Saturday, October 17th
8:00 PM - 11:00 PM

Where:
LA Fitness parking lot
6101 K Ave
Plano, TX 75074-2554

Special guest from Hawaii, import model & go-go dancer Sheleen Dee will be in attendance!l

Current sponsors for the event:

Team 16NiSS - www.Team16niss.org
NOS Energy Drink - www.DrinkNOS.com
GS Motorsports - www.GSMotorsportsShop.com
Kustomz Unlimited - www.KustomzUnltdInc.com
Wear Me Out Tees - www.WearMeOutTees.com
Import Faceoff - www.ImportFaceoff.net
Intense Motorsports - www.IntensePower.com
Imported Performance - www.ImportedPerformance.com

Last edited by BlueCell; 10-07-2009 at 11:02 AM. Reason: update
Old 10-05-2009, 08:30 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by honda_david
whats up guys. i decided to come back from the grave and mod my car again...not going big this time, but it'll look decent enough to show at meets and stuff. for those of you that don't know me, i'm honda_david. i drive an 07 ssm fit sport, and i attended the very first texas fit meet. some of you may have seen me at houston-imports also. looking forward to meeting some of you at future events.
This ssm right? You went missing after the first meet lol.
Name:  Picture151.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  123.2 KB

Old 10-05-2009, 09:34 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by bigtoepfer
Thanks.

We should get together some time baylorbro. I'll be managing the 40 thieves hookah lounge starting monday. You should come by some time.
Hey bigtoepfer, just saw this... 40 thieves, right? There used to be one over on 5th and bagby by Baylor's campus but it closed down 4 years ago. I'm at work right now and one of my co-workers thinks she met you? She lives in the lofts real close to there. I'll have to stop by some time. When do you typically work?

Old 10-05-2009, 09:37 PM
5 Year Member
ahaha yeah that's my car..i went MIA, parted my car out, and now i just ordered some goodies to start over.
some parts that i had before i parted my car out:
fabulous wheels w/low offsets, endura-tech coilovers, mugen visors, jdm emblems, camber kit and some other interior things.

i wish that stance meet wasn't such last minute. otherwise, i'd go if it wasn't.

Old 10-05-2009, 10:28 PM
5 Year Member
Stance of the Union is a meet earlier in the day. NOS and Team 16niss will be having a car show later that evening after Stance.

Old 10-05-2009, 10:42 PM
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Ran into Victor and Ashley yesterday afternoon at Fry's on 59. I saw their BOM and told my sons "I'm going to park next to it!" and I was thinking it looked familiar...and then here came Victor and Ashley!

So we had a brief Fit meet right there in the parking lot.

Old 10-06-2009, 08:40 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Juliane
Ran into Victor and Ashley yesterday afternoon at Fry's on 59. I saw their BOM and told my sons "I'm going to park next to it!" and I was thinking it looked familiar...and then here came Victor and Ashley!
Isn't she the one with the hawaiian lei hanging from the review? That's how I recognize her car.

Old 10-06-2009, 09:28 AM
5 Year Member
WutUp Tx Freaks! Nice to have you back David, good luck on getting your Fit back together. I been a little MIA myself but been lurking like a Ninja to try to stay caught up with things. Economy sucks and has put a bit of a damper at my work, so been trying to take care of other things. Welcome to Texas officially Adam! Ain't heard from Loza in awhile either, hope you doing well mang! Props to you Jason on your website pretty cool, surprised to see you're still on here and not on the Type R forums??? Anywho, just wanted to chime in and say that I am very pleased to see alot of you still pushing on in these hard times and it makes me happy to see more people modding their cars. Sucks everytime I read these comparisons to Cali and other places, people need to just focus on their own stuff and be happy with what you have. I think it's awesome to see what other people have to offer, but it's what you bring to the table that matters more. Shot out to BlueCell, car is looking awesome man, could still be lower. And to all you new peeps, welcome and keep up the good work! I only hope for a better year in 2010 and hope I can bring something good to the table as well. Oh and btw, I heard a funny put down the other day I thought was funny, "Your breath so bad I don't know whether to give you a tic tac or toilet paper!" Lol, it made me chuckle just wanted to pass it on!

Quick Reply: Texas Fits, Anything goes thread