Texas Fits, Anything goes thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2008, 11:25 AM
5 Year Member
I'm always down for Austin! Not to mention It's real nice in the winter seasons.

Old 10-19-2008, 01:10 PM
5 Year Member
Added HIN pics on my photo thread. Link in my sig.

Old 10-19-2008, 03:11 PM
5 Year Member
Well it seems decided then. If we don one its in austin. I'd say its pretty unanimous. Honestly if i could pick a place in Texas to live i'd probably like to live there. Just because its so beautiful. Plus the theme is keep austin weird. How cool is that.

Old 10-19-2008, 04:41 PM
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by BlueCell
Added HIN pics on my photo thread. Link in my sig.
Nice pics! Looks like a great show! Love both your Fit and khandom's.

Old 10-19-2008, 04:46 PM
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by bigtoepfer
Well it seems decided then. If we don one its in austin. I'd say its pretty unanimous. Honestly if i could pick a place in Texas to live i'd probably like to live there. Just because its so beautiful. Plus the theme is keep austin weird. How cool is that.
Austin has a lot going for it - the climate is way better than Houston's (more like Denver's), and it's a college town, so it's younger and hipper than Dallas. There's the old hippie atmosphere, which is OK, but giving way to a newer and more sophisticated world-citizen-type of natural living...not just grizzled old unwashed potheads wandering around in raggy skirts and tank tops (female) or tie-dyed t-shirts, carpenter pants and Birkenstocks with ankle socks (male). There are some hi-tech companies headquartered in and around Austin, so that has helped bring in new blood and new money.... Too bad it's the state capital...I'm not a fan of government and our state government especially right now...

I like many aspects of Austin but some parts of it are insane. Housing prices, for one thing.

Old 10-19-2008, 05:23 PM
5 Year Member
Well i'd probably live near my family in kyle, about 18 miles south on the interstate. what is that like 35 or something? Alot of my family origins are there. And in crawford.

Old 10-19-2008, 06:56 PM
Originally Posted by Saved
I'm always down for Austin! Not to mention It's real nice in the winter seasons.
you said it man, i love it when it gets cold down here. last night it was 45 degrees with out a single bit of wind. it felt so good i decided to go ride my bike in a shirt and shorts.

Old 10-19-2008, 07:04 PM
Originally Posted by Juliane
...not just grizzled old unwashed potheads wandering around in raggy skirts and tank tops (female) or tie-dyed t-shirts, carpenter pants and Birkenstocks with ankle socks (male).
there are still plenty of these types around. i actually play kickball at this park on 10th street every sunday and that all i see sitting under the trees, and all they do is smoke pot, read books, or sleep.

you basically described about a sixth of the downtown austin population, the other five catagories would have to include business men and women in really really nice suits and cars, bro ass college dudes who all have the same t shirt and popped collar, the homeless... they are taking over our streets, tourists and lots of them. you can always spot them by the middle to old age people who are wearing cheap cowboy hats with a polo shirt, khaki shorts and kswiss or some other generic looking white tennis shoe and all the little fashionistas... i dont need to say anything else about these people. they just look pretty and thats all that most of them are good for.

Old 10-19-2008, 10:03 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by F'it_ImFromTx
there are still plenty of these types around. i actually play kickball at this park on 10th street every sunday and that all i see sitting under the trees, and all they do is smoke pot, read books, or sleep.
DOOD thats like the perfect career. LMAO. I need to look into that i like books and ....stuff

Old 10-19-2008, 10:04 PM
but austin has so many hills, bad roads, and steep entrances

Old 10-19-2008, 10:05 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by F'it_ImFromTx
all the little fashionistas... i dont need to say anything else about these people. they just look pretty and thats all that most of them are good for.
Now their good for other stuff too.

Old 10-19-2008, 10:05 PM
DOOD thats like the perfect career. LMAO. I need to look into that i like books and ....stuff
you can say that's for your medication since you have that handicap tag now

Old 10-19-2008, 10:08 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by khanhdom
but austin has so many hills, bad roads, and steep entrances
thats what bags are for. with bags u just poof and up and over the steep entrance. The poof and back stunnin

Old 10-19-2008, 10:14 PM
5 Year Member
lol.
"this ain't cigarettes this cigaweed" - chris tucker Rush Hour
"its for medical stuff" - homeless lookin dood
"you have a prescription" - chris tucker
"well uh uh no" - homeless lookin dood

Old 10-19-2008, 10:25 PM
5 Year Member
I didn't want to do the same old thing at every meet I host. But the fact is, Austin is the best place to have a meet of any kind. Arick will have to lead the way on the new roads and I will have to be right behind him (sorry Marcus) pushing him right along. So when is the best time for everyone? After the new year? My birthday is in February... any ideas?

Old 10-19-2008, 10:37 PM
5 Year Member
mines in february too. perhaps if nothing else we'll get together LMAO

Old 10-19-2008, 10:38 PM
5 Year Member
mines in february too. perhaps if nothing else we'll get together LMAO
Heck yeah man.

Old 10-19-2008, 11:08 PM
thats what bags are for. with bags u just poof and up and over the steep entrance. The poof and back stunnin
yea but since i cut a lot of stuff, my car doesn't get much higher, maybe stock height and with my kit being lower, it gets hit....lol

that's why i'm getting a second car for DD once i get my new paint and bodywork

Old 10-19-2008, 11:11 PM
5 Year Member
i c. Hmm i didn't think about that. I'm used to trucks. We would cuz out the entire body from the inside so it would lay body instead of just frame. And even those we would could still pick up to above stock ride height. If what ur saying is all true then i don't know if i want to bag a fit anymore

Old 10-20-2008, 12:03 AM
not a big deal, i'm going to cut more and get even lower. I'm hopefully going to get me an e30 bmw, and rock that daily

Quick Reply: Texas Fits, Anything goes thread