Texas Fits, Anything goes thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2012, 02:40 PM
They all so purdy Blue!!! <3

Old 08-21-2012, 03:15 PM
5 Year Member
Van--

If you hit what we call the "bumpy road" then you def took a wrong turn.
I'm sorry you had to suffer that horrible tragedy but glad you made it in one piece. I refuse to go that way.

I'm so glad y'all had a good time!

Old 08-21-2012, 03:49 PM
5 Year Member
Yep, I figured as much. It was definitely bumpy, but at least it didn't have potholes, I just took it very slowly. The other cars and trucks that saw me must have thought I was crazy lol.

Old 08-21-2012, 06:00 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah when the road wasn't as bad, I would take it but go very slowly. Other people would get pissed. I now now go around to work. Takes 4 extra minutes and is worth every second!

Old 08-21-2012, 11:45 PM
5 Year Member
put on my Swift Springs yesterday, man oh man. I love this car so much more now

nice pics from the meet guys! Bluecell, your car looks so damn sexy!!

Old 08-22-2012, 06:02 PM
Originally Posted by KCTitan
I'm kind of curious... How do you guys get away with not having front plates? I've thought of taking mine off but with my luck, first day I'd get pulled over and fined.
I had gotten pulled over the same day I took mine off and got away with a verbal warning and he took off on a call. Lol for some reason I tend to attract the local state troopers, not the police or MP's just the state troopers, they always pull me over and say, "The reason I pulled you over is because you don't have front plates." Then I say yes I do and get out of my car and point at it. "Oh ok, sorry for the trouble sir."

UPDATE: The spark plug somehow got loose over time, and the pressure shot it out. So I am replacing all four spark plugs because the other three were fried. I am getting BOSCHE Platinums and a new coil pack. So the little red wagon will be mobile again in a couple weeks.

Old 08-22-2012, 07:20 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by CustomFitOwner
I had gotten pulled over the same day I took mine off and got away with a verbal warning and he took off on a call. Lol for some reason I tend to attract the local state troopers, not the police or MP's just the state troopers, they always pull me over and say, "The reason I pulled you over is because you don't have front plates." Then I say yes I do and get out of my car and point at it. "Oh ok, sorry for the trouble sir."

UPDATE: The spark plug somehow got loose over time, and the pressure shot it out. So I am replacing all four spark plugs because the other three were fried. I am getting BOSCHE Platinums and a new coil pack. So the little red wagon will be mobile again in a couple weeks.
Bosche in Honda's = burnt tips. Those are not very good spark plugs for us. Just a warning.

Old 08-22-2012, 09:28 PM
I have had mine off for about a month now - Tyler cops really don't care and whenever I go out of town I put it on my dash. Going to Mississippi here next weekend and plan to put it back on just in case

Old 08-22-2012, 09:48 PM
Really? Just fits or honda all together, my s2k friend was suggesting the boshe ones to me. He has been running th em for 5 months now.

Old 08-22-2012, 10:29 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by CustomFitOwner
Really? Just fits or honda all together, my s2k friend was suggesting the boshe ones to me. He has been running th em for 5 months now.
Has he taken them out and looked at them? Ask any experienced Honda person(who's owned many) about what spark plugs are the good. Even discussion forums on fitfreak will tell you NGK is usually the way to go.

NGK>Bosche any day.
Long lasting ones are NGK Iridium for a bit of a price. NGK V-power are cheaper, but last about 10k miles.

Now if you're saying your spark plug got loose, that must've been the last person who put it in. Otherwise that's very unlikely to happen.

Old 08-22-2012, 11:42 PM
5 Year Member
NGK V Power spark plugs are great if you have a Mallory, MSD, or HKS CDI and (or) transistor ignition... They last about 25-30,000 miles with a wide gap with one of these boxes but you need to go 2 heat ranges colder than stock... I am having good service with Nippon Denso IK 22s but will be giving IK 20s a try when I put it all back together... Using Denso IK 22s on a stock Fit, Oscar Jackson found a couple of extra horsepower.. He attributed it to the tiny electrode allowing better intake air flow into the combustion chamber... I noticed that the colder heat range of the plugs by pulling more heat from the combustion chamber resulted in more ignition advance which could also have contributed to the increase in power.... Honda advises against using anti seize on compound on spark plugs because it is easy to strip threads in the cylinder head when using a torque wrench... I use anti seize compound by tightening the plugs by putting a plug socket on it and using my finger to screw the plug until it seats then turn 1/4 turn using a ratchet or break over bar.. I haven't stripped threads or had a plug blown out yet..

Last edited by Texas Coyote; 08-23-2012 at 12:00 AM.
Old 08-23-2012, 08:02 AM
5 Year Member
I've read about another fit with loose spark plugs. Hmmm...

Old 08-23-2012, 02:30 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by dtfdanyo
put on my Swift Springs yesterday, man oh man. I love this car so much more now
I told you that you would like them.
nice pics from the meet guys! Bluecell, your car looks so damn sexy!!
You need to walk around Buecell's car 8 or 10 times to realize all of the subtle things he has done to it.... What all that has been done in the engine compartment was difficult for me to comprehend.....

Old 08-25-2012, 09:16 PM
5 Year Member
You know TC, only people that drive a GD will know how much different my car is than stock. I've met a lot of people at shows and they have no clue how much I have done. I have yet to show you the full run around the car.

Old 08-26-2012, 01:59 PM
5 Year Member
The panel that covered the brake lines, components and A/C lines was a brilliant idea... After all of the time I spent bending and rerouting lines to install the KWSC kit and I had to ask you what the panel was for... Stuff like that and forgetting names is bothering me a lot...

Old 09-06-2012, 12:25 AM
hey where do you guys meet up? im in louisiana... shreveport. but im close! and i dont know any fit people, or really any people at all.. haha

Old 09-06-2012, 01:07 AM
5 Year Member
^^ Its all good! So far we've had Fit meets in Houston, Dallas, Austin, Tyler, and I believe Waco. I'm not sure when and where the next meet will be here but likely it'll be around the late October to mid November or late January to early March just by judging from when the previous meets fall.

I haven't really seen any Louisiana meets yet on the forum... or members in a while for that matter. It would be cool to see some start seeing more people and possibly meets going on down there.

Old 09-06-2012, 01:37 AM
Just throwing it out there to gauge interest, anyone up for grabbing lunch next thursday in Ft. Worth?

As for when the next actual proper planned meet will be, I agree with Hootie. November is when the good weather starts coming in. Imagine a nice cruise with no destination in sight, windows rolled down on a nice 75 degree day. I'd be willing to drive a full tank out of my Fit for that kind of cruise. Flip a coin or decide who becomes leader, lead the convoy of TexFits til the leader finds what they think would be a good restaurant. Eat, talk cars, perhaps get some photo ops, then either continue cruising or split off.

Just an idea.

Old 09-06-2012, 01:49 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by KCTitan
Just throwing it out there to gauge interest, anyone up for grabbing lunch next thursday in Ft. Worth?

As for when the next actual proper planned meet will be, I agree with Hootie. November is when the good weather starts coming in. Imagine a nice cruise with no destination in sight, windows rolled down on a nice 75 degree day. I'd be willing to drive a full tank out of my Fit for that kind of cruise. Flip a coin or decide who becomes leader, lead the convoy of TexFits til the leader finds what they think would be a good restaurant. Eat, talk cars, perhaps get some photo ops, then either continue cruising or split off.

Just an idea.
That is a good idea indeed... I hear Austin's scenery is rad that time of year.

On a similar note, I've been craving crawfish for a while and crawfish comes into season around 2nd week of March - 2 week of April if memory serves me right... Road trip to Louisiana anyone? ^.^

Old 09-06-2012, 09:48 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by hootie
that is a good idea indeed... I hear austin's scenery is rad that time of year.

On a similar note, i've been craving crawfish for a while and crawfish comes into season around 2nd week of march - 2 week of april if memory serves me right... Road trip to louisiana anyone? ^.^
i want to try that fire cabbage!!

Quick Reply: Texas Fits, Anything goes thread