Texas Fits, Anything goes thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2008, 02:25 PM
5 Year Member
Yea its sprinkling right now, supposed to rain all day. Looks like winds are picking up.

Old 09-13-2008, 02:28 PM
5 Year Member
Yea looks like Dallas is getting it too right now.

Old 09-13-2008, 04:46 PM
5 Year Member
it acutally got pretty crazy over here too. Rain winds and tornadoes. Our house is good but there was crazy stuff going on all around

Old 09-15-2008, 12:48 PM
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
We've had no power from when the storm went through...scariest night of my life...house was shaking and groaning, but held up. Trees down in the 'hood, lots of trees broken. Galveston Island and especially Bolivar Peninsula took heavy damage from storm surge and wind. Please keep us in your prayers - the death toll has to rise in the coming days and weeks. Most of Houston, Harris County and east of us has no power still.

Old 09-15-2008, 01:22 PM
5 Year Member
News from gas stations. Shell does not have Plus or Supreme gas to deliver until further notice. Whatever is in the gas tanks now is what is left until Houston gets their power back and is up and running again. If you are traveling, please be sure to stock up because some of the gas stations in Houston will not have gas.

Old 09-15-2008, 03:28 PM
5 Year Member
i heard houston has been that way no gas. Since before the hurricane. Sorry to hear that about ur place juliane. Hows ya'll place jason? What about u rene?

Old 09-15-2008, 03:54 PM
5 Year Member
Well I can't complain about todays weather. It's sunny but with cool winds. Temperature isnt that high.

Old 09-15-2008, 05:17 PM
5 Year Member
They probably don't have power yet. The crews are working from the west to the east of the area because we didn't have that much damage. After the storm there were at least 3 million customers that didn't have power. Anyone closer to the coast was in more danger and I hope they didn't stay. Do we have any FitFreaks in Galveston, does anyone know, and did they get out? If you see photos you will be shocked.

Old 09-15-2008, 06:04 PM
5 Year Member
team 16NiSS • View topic - Hurricane Ike...

Some pictures were posted here.

Old 09-15-2008, 06:37 PM
5 Year Member
LMAO oak break

Old 09-15-2008, 10:17 PM
5 Year Member
That's a great photo. Ironic. So many streets and subdivisions in Houston are called "Oak" something-or-other.

The photo of the pine tree on that Accord - ouch!

Old 09-16-2008, 03:17 PM
5 Year Member
Hey whats up guys, Im still here in San Antonio and im not sure when were gonna head back. We were staying at the Grand Hyatt downtown but now were at a friends house. As of property damage our neighbors said that the house is fine and that there is no water inside. Its just minor things here and there thank God.
Earlier today I spoke with Jason, hes back at his place and everythings ok. I believe they have water but no power yet.

Old 09-16-2008, 03:30 PM
5 Year Member
so how's san antonio? Havin a good time?

Old 09-16-2008, 03:43 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by LOZA
Hey whats up guys, Im still here in San Antonio and im not sure when were gonna head back. We were staying at the Grand Hyatt downtown but now were at a friends house. As of property damage our neighbors said that the house is fine and that there is no water inside. Its just minor things here and there thank God.
Earlier today I spoke with Jason, hes back at his place and everythings ok. I believe they have water but no power yet.
What part of town do you live in? Does your house have power yet? I suppose not, if you are still staying in S/A.

Glad to hear Jason & wife are fine.

Heard on the news today that there is a tiger loose on Bolivar...he's mostly tame and probably wondering WTF happened...but only in Texas..."Tell the Coast Guard to watch out for a loose TIGER...Yes, copy that, a TIGER..."

Old 09-16-2008, 03:47 PM
5 Year Member
Its ok, ive been here since Thursday. Im not calling it a vacation cause of all the stuff thats happening in Houston. Ive gone out to a couple places here in Downtown. My hotel was walking distance from everything so it was cool. Now where staying at a friends here North of San Antonio. Im ready to go back, but friends and neighbors that are overthere advise us not to come unless we really need to. I guess im home sick

Old 09-16-2008, 03:50 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Juliane
What part of town do you live in? Does your house have power yet? I suppose not, if you are still staying in S/A.

Glad to hear Jason & wife are fine.

Heard on the news today that there is a tiger loose on Bolivar...he's mostly tame and probably wondering WTF happened...but only in Texas..."Tell the Coast Guard to watch out for a loose TIGER...Yes, copy that, a TIGER..."

Lol....I live in the SE Side right by Fairmont Pkwy. and Belt. 8. And I dont think we have power nor water at our house yet. What part of Houston are you from?

Old 09-16-2008, 04:26 PM
5 Year Member
We're on the west side, near Dairy Ashford and Westheimer. We have power and water, never lost water completely but the pressure was w-a-y down at times...My 17 yo son and I just donated blood and I treated him to lunch at Beck's Prime on Westheimer & Wilcrest. Life is good.

Old 09-17-2008, 05:49 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Juliane
Do you still have power? Did you get out after all? I'm worried after seeing all those folks on Boliver being rescued by the Coast Guard.
Oh my goodness, this storm didn't play around. No, we didn't leave prior to the storm hitting but we did after it hit due to the power outage. The power went off between midnight and 2AM Saturday and finally came back on today at around 10ish here.

Old 09-17-2008, 06:22 PM
5 Year Member
Boy, you aren't kidding - it was insane. So you are back at home now? Everything OK? Did you leave on Saturday morning and drive out? That must have been scary in its own way - how far did you go to get away?

Next time, I'm boarding up and running!!!

Old 09-17-2008, 06:45 PM
5 Year Member
Yep, I'm back at the house staring at a dirty VBP out of the window. I swear I could not sleep a wink with the Fit exposed in an apartment complex lot.

Well for that Saturday afternoon my cousin and I headed to Angleton, which had gotten fairly jacked up. (post up pics in a few) Got into town for literally 20 mins and got pulled over by the cops, dropped my cousin off at an uncle's place and stayed with my mom and listened to her mindless bickering.

Strangely though at my mother's the power came on pretty quick compared to the rest of the city (came on at 9 P.M.) and now I suddenly want Super Swampers on the Fit.

Quick Reply: Texas Fits, Anything goes thread