Texas Fits, Anything goes thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2010, 04:17 PM
5 Year Member
I didn't get an intake until after the O2 sensor went out. No other mods to speak of. I ran Shell regular unleaded for about 30k miles. Then switched to raceway for about the last 20 someodd k miles.

Since I've added the intake I've only seen an increase in gas mileage and throttle response. I used to regularly at least once a month run lucas oil additive in the gas tank. But thats not supposed to hurt things. Its supposed to make them better. This o2 sensor is about 270 bucks. And I don't see how I'm going to be able to change it. Its in the worst possible location. Even dropping the cat down was a pain in the ass. 30 mins of wrenching just to remove two bolts only because i would get not even an 1/8th of a rotation out of each wreching. Everything down there is so tight. I would imagine that GEs would only be worse. Ima try unplugging the battery for 30 mins and see what happens then go to autozone tomorrow

Old 07-05-2010, 04:35 PM
5 Year Member
Good luck...

I'm sorry to hear about your troubles.

Old 07-05-2010, 04:37 PM
5 Year Member
Guess I'll just keep rolling until I either magically have the money to pay for it, or the catalitic converter stops up. Then I'll get a test pipe.

I'm tempted that if I sell this car then I'm going back to something with carburetor.

Old 07-05-2010, 04:51 PM
5 Year Member
Well it really sucks you are having all these problems--but I don't think going back carb style is really a viable solution.

I know you are mad and pissed at Hondas--but keep in mind that many others haven't had this problem and maybe it's a fluke? I'm not trying to be an ass, just don't want you giving up on your car or Hondas or shit...fuel injection.

I've had 4 hondas with only that one 02 sensor issue, and it was an easy one...plus, I dogged the shit out of that car.

Had around 80k on all my cars before I got rid of them with no problems.

I'm sorry...e-hug.

Old 07-05-2010, 10:29 PM
5 Year Member
yeah, I know. I still want an old civic hatch or something. I know while I was under the car I was pleased to see how clean it was under there. And I know that if I fix this issue then the fit could be a beater for a long time. I'm just broke as a joke so fixing it isn't even an option at the moment. I'm sure life will turn around soon enough tho.

Old 07-14-2010, 01:52 AM
5 Year Member
Woot, I'm now officially on the AJR Gallery page
A&J Racing :: Photo Gallery

Old 07-14-2010, 01:54 AM
5 Year Member
Congrats. How did you swing that?

Also, were you at taste of dallas last weekend? I could've sworn I saw you.

Old 07-14-2010, 02:19 AM
5 Year Member
That's awesome man, congrats!

Old 07-14-2010, 02:24 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by baylorbro
Congrats. How did you swing that?

Also, were you at taste of dallas last weekend? I could've sworn I saw you.
No, I live right by there, but I wasnt there.

Old 07-14-2010, 08:24 AM
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Marcussssssssss........CONGRATS!!!! That is so cool!!! Your car looks great, as usual. And it's in good company now. Or, maybe I should say the OTHER cars are in good company!!!!!

Old 07-14-2010, 10:00 AM
5 Year Member
That's killer news man! Only a matter of time before you get some magazine coverage...

Old 07-14-2010, 10:07 AM
5 Year Member
Damn! That freak'in awesome. Congrats Bluecell

Old 07-14-2010, 10:07 AM
5 Year Member
yeah congrats man. I like it more than theirs. I was looking at super street and the like yesterday at the quality of cars in there wondering why I haven't seen yours yet haha.

Old 07-20-2010, 05:45 PM
I can't believe this happened.

So I woke up this morning to my dad smacking my feet telling me to wake up (I am 18 and about to go to college, cause I know what y'all were thinking). He said get up someone stole the rims off your car. Thinking he was kidding I laughed and rolled back over. He yelled again and said get up some jack*** stole the rims off your car! I got up and walked outside to see....yes.....my 2010 Honda Fit Sport, sitting on bricks......no rims....no tires......nothing...I could not believe someone would steal factory rims off of my car. Has anyone else heard of people stealing factory rims off of the Fit? I gotta say I don't think I have been more mad than today. Luckily the dealer had a spare set of tires to put on my car so we can tow it to the dealer. Dealer is quoting $3200 for tires, rims, lug nuts (yes they took those too), and labor. So I thought well since we only have to pay $500 I might as well go ahead and get the Mugen rims. But has anyone heard of people stealing the factory wheels off of the Fit??

Old 07-20-2010, 05:48 PM
5 Year Member
I didnt even think people still did that. Aftermarket wheels are so cheap now, minimum wage people can get them in almost 2 paychecks.

Sorry for the loss, but maybe it's better in the long run. Get some decent locking lug nuts.

Old 07-20-2010, 07:29 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Mr.Bubbles
So I woke up this morning to my dad smacking my feet telling me to wake up (I am 18 and about to go to college, cause I know what y'all were thinking). He said get up someone stole the rims off your car. Thinking he was kidding I laughed and rolled back over. He yelled again and said get up some jack*** stole the rims off your car! I got up and walked outside to see....yes.....my 2010 Honda Fit Sport, sitting on bricks......no rims....no tires......nothing...I could not believe someone would steal factory rims off of my car. Has anyone else heard of people stealing factory rims off of the Fit? I gotta say I don't think I have been more mad than today. Luckily the dealer had a spare set of tires to put on my car so we can tow it to the dealer. Dealer is quoting $3200 for tires, rims, lug nuts (yes they took those too), and labor. So I thought well since we only have to pay $500 I might as well go ahead and get the Mugen rims. But has anyone heard of people stealing the factory wheels off of the Fit??
That blows dude! I hope that nothing was damaged when your Fit was on bricks. Also, keep an eye on craigslist, thieves usually post them on there after they are stolen.

There have been several cases of members here getting their rims stolen from their Fits. All you can do is get a good set of wheel locks, keep your car in a secure or well lit area, and hope that it deters thieves from your car.

Last edited by Hootie; 07-20-2010 at 07:33 PM.
Old 07-20-2010, 07:45 PM
5 Year Member
The fit rims both GE an GD are extremely popular in the honda world. And Hondas are extremely popular in the houston area. I've heard lots of horror stories. Specially Texas, Cali, Florida. I had my window shattered in Waco and they stole some stuff from me.

I'd keep an eye out and look for them on civics. When you see someone who has some tell the dude how awesome they look and ask where to get some. If his story seems sketchy then beat the shit out of him. At least that would make me feel better. haha

Old 07-20-2010, 07:50 PM
5 Year Member
There was a rash of thefts awhile back in Pennsylvania where Fit factory wheels were being stolen.... Good luck on getting them back....If you purchase after market wheels, shop by weight instead of eye appeal and you will have a quicker accelerating, stopping turning and better handling more comfortable riding and longer lasting car..... It is the absolute best thing you can do to and for your car with no negative repercussions... There are some good looking wheels that are much lighter than the stock wheels.

Old 07-20-2010, 08:02 PM
5 Year Member
the factory sport wheels were actually pretty light compared to many other honda alloys. But I couln't agree with TC more. Having lighter wheels makes everything better. When I put my first set of wheels on I shaved off about 45 lbs at least. The whole care feels better.

Also if you spent 3200 on rims you would have a ballin ass out of control set of rims.

Or you could get a nice lightweight set for way less probably 1200 or so with tires maybe 1800 max and save the insurance some money. Thats just just another .02 cents.

Apparently I have alot of .02 cents laying around tonight

Last edited by bigtoepfer; 07-20-2010 at 08:07 PM.
Old 07-20-2010, 08:22 PM
5 Year Member
As Saved would say, When he switched from his lightweight rims to the HFP's, he noticed the HFP was a lot smoother in ride comfort. But if you want speed and better economy, lightweight is the way to go.

Quick Reply: Texas Fits, Anything goes thread