A Spec Products.com
With over 10 years of experience in the automotive import aftermarket industry, A Spec has been at the forefront of developing new products for new and upcoming platforms such as the new Honda Fit. Located in the heart of Southern California, we are official distributors for many high end Japanese aftermarket products from manufacturers such as Volk Racing, Work Wheels, Bride, ARC, Endless etc. as well as other high end non-Japanese aftermarket products such as Recaro, Nardi, Personal etc. Our tuning philosophy is toward the true heart of performance. We tend to focus on those parts that provide an overall performance increase to whatever vehicle you drive.

How do you guys like my FIT?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 07:53 PM
Banned
Yeah there ready to install, only thing you need to have from OEM is the Front Upper Rubber Bump Stop, and the OEM Bearing that right underneath the rubber bump stop.

PMed ya!

Thanks,
Tuan @ A Spec.

Old 11-29-2007, 07:07 PM
5 Year Member
anyone have aspec dyno on mpg

do you have any dyno test on the mpg of a fit after the intake was installed?
anyone with the intake installed have any observations of their fuel economy? thanls

Old 11-30-2007, 02:13 PM
Mine stayed about the same when i kept my foot light and drove it normal. Its all how heavy your foot is

RAmen

Old 11-30-2007, 03:51 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by thejroisgo
RAmen
nice glad to see others who have been touched by the noodly appendage

Old 11-30-2007, 05:41 PM
Banned
There no real test of how much MPG you lose. Only best way is to test it for yourself. Just figure out from full tank, till the Gas Light turns on. You would need to try it a few different times. Weather changes, and your MPG is still effected by that, and also the way you drive.

Most-likey you wont see a MPG difference. There only bolt on. Nothing extreme like, cam shafts, fuel injectors, like so on and so on.

Old 11-30-2007, 06:17 PM
5 Year Member
anyone have any other clips or sounds

anyone have any other clips or sounds of the exhaust? I have seen aspecproducts' video, but I was wondering if anyone else has a video or soundbite, bec I'm not really sure if i like the sound or not.

Old 12-21-2007, 11:36 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by aspecproducts.com
2) KBee? Never heard of them?

Most of you have probably never heard of KBee prior to this ad. Kbee, based in Tokyo, Japan, is a company we originally met around 2 years ago. Their background is based in engineering suspension for a major automotive companies, and from this knowledge they began to create aftermarket suspension components.

7) Do they offer these with any higher / lower spring rates?

These all come with 7/6kg (AP1 12kg/12kg) spring rates. If you want different spring rates, you can go in 2kg increments (either +2kg or -2kg) safely with the current valving. I can sell you Swift Springs if you want different free lengths and spring rates. Contact me for more info. Swift replacement springs are $99 per spring. Most of you (if not all) will be fine with 7/6kg (AP1 12kg/12kg).

13) What is the weight of the coilovers?

Front GD1/3 coilover weighs ~14.05 lbs.
Rear GD1/3 coilover weighs ~18.2 lbs (including springs)

Front AP1/2 coilover weights ~ 12.8 lbs
Rear AP1/2 coilover weights ~ 11.3lbs

14) HOW MUCH ARE THESE?

I got in the following amounts of these coilovers:

(5) sets GD1/3 (06+)
(5) sets AP1/2 (00+)

As an introductory special for those who take advantage and jump on these early, I am offering these up at:

$899 shipped in US
$899 shipped in California
$850 local pickup in Socal

Prices good only on the sets in stock!

Get at me to order!
couple of quick questions -
#2: you make it sound like they do suspension development for a major OEM. do they, and for who?
#7: i'm assuming that the 7/6kg means 7 up front, 6 rear, which makes no sense for a FWD. but, you did mention that the stock valving will handle a +- 2kg range. with that in mind, i'd like to do something that more closely mimics the stock spring rates with a little extra rate in the back as it's aparent that the progress bar would be too light for the spring rates we're talking about here. would you be able to do something like that?

i'm assuming that KB specified their own valving. my question is who is the damper manufacturer and where is it made? for example, ohlins damper manufactured under licensing agreement in japan? bilstein, koni, etc?

i'm very interested in these because the price seems right. how are your coilovers holding up now? have they gotten any noisier?

lastly, price?

Old 12-21-2007, 02:50 PM
Honda Fit Forums Moderator
Hmm these coil overs look good for the money... I'm very tempted to get some in early 2008

Old 12-26-2007, 03:21 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by kennef
couple of quick questions -
#2: you make it sound like they do suspension development for a major OEM. do they, and for who?
#7: i'm assuming that the 7/6kg means 7 up front, 6 rear, which makes no sense for a FWD. but, you did mention that the stock valving will handle a +- 2kg range. with that in mind, i'd like to do something that more closely mimics the stock spring rates with a little extra rate in the back as it's aparent that the progress bar would be too light for the spring rates we're talking about here. would you be able to do something like that?

i'm assuming that KB specified their own valving. my question is who is the damper manufacturer and where is it made? for example, ohlins damper manufactured under licensing agreement in japan? bilstein, koni, etc?

i'm very interested in these because the price seems right. how are your coilovers holding up now? have they gotten any noisier?

lastly, price?
#2 - Kbee themselfs told me they OME shocks for Buddyclub. They make there own dampers. The body is built/assembled in Japan.

#7 - Yes general rule of thumb is +/- 2 Kgmm max. (any coilover system you go with, its juat a standard rule of thumb) Yes you can change out spring rates not a problem, to provide a closer feel to OEM springs of the car. (I dont have stock OEM springs rates, so I would not know where to point you in the right direction.) Kbee doesnt provide different springs rates, they come standard as you see in the pictures. But what you can do is buy Swift Springs coilover replacement springs, not a problem. I suggest to get a shorter front springs, so you have more ride height adjustable. (Most people say its not low enough for them!). These coilover are more for streets then it is for track. They offered 7/6Kgmm spring rates to provide a better ride on highways, and daily drive usage, and for "sometimes" hit up the local track events. It seems your very deep into track racing, then you are for comfort. Just keep in mind that these might not be the coilover your looking for, only because it seem like you need something a bit more HARDCORE then mine.

Kbee builds there own stocks/dampers, and offer it to other top leading brands like Buddy Club's, and others. Stocks are made in Korea, but everything else is built/engineered in Japan.

At 1st they we're noisy, but once the thrust sheets break-in, the car is quite as it can be. Not too many company provide metal thrust sheets, most coilovers do make noise, and only way to fix it, is to buy metal thrust sheets. The noise comes from the springs compression, as the springs compresses and decompresses, the spring rotates which makes a binding noise, like a knocking noise. After it break's'in you'll be fine.

As for price, it is posted.

$899 shipped in US
$899 shipped in California
$850 local pickup in Socal

We have 0 left instock.

Please let me know if they are any further questions,
Thanks,
Tuan @ A Spec.

Last edited by aspecproducts.com; 01-21-2008 at 02:24 PM.
Old 01-16-2008, 11:48 PM
Please PM me a price for just the rear 6KG springs shipped to 60143.

Thanks!

Jorge (RiftsWRX)
ProjectWRX -A Subaru WRX enthusiast site

Old 01-18-2008, 02:30 PM
Banned
I dont offer rear springs. Rear Springs are make to fit the chassis of the car. I can only replace the front with +-2kgmm.

Sorry,
Tuan @ A Spec.

Old 01-18-2008, 06:31 PM
That's what I was referring to, the rear torsion springs (6kg) used on this coilover kit.

Old 01-21-2008, 02:24 PM
Banned
Kbee doesnt sell only the springs in the rear sorry.

Sorry,
Tuan @ A Spec.

Old 01-24-2008, 01:00 PM
when will you have more in stock?

Old 01-25-2008, 12:44 PM
Banned
Im fresh out sorry bro. No eta yet.

Sorry,
Tuan @ A Spec.

Old 02-13-2008, 01:13 PM
Banned
YouTube - A Spec Axle-back Honda Fit Dyno (Backside)
Backside on dyno

YouTube - A Spec Intake Honda Fit Dyno (Frontside)
Frontside on dyno

I also looked some up on youtube, and found a customer that uploaded it.
YouTube - A Spec Axle Back Exhaust 1
YouTube - A Spec Axle-Back Exhaust 2

The video from the customer, sounds about right, if your face was 2 feet away from the exhaust.

Okay here more:

YouTube - A Spec Axle-back Honda fit (10 Feet away)
10 Feet away

YouTube - A Spec Honda Fit (No Cat + B-Pipe + Axle-back) Inside
This is with NO Cat, with B-Pipe, and Axle-back (inside car)

YouTube - A Spec Honda Fit (No Cat + B-Pipe + Axle-back) Driveby
This is with NO Cat, with B-Pipe, and Axle-back (driveby)

YouTube - A Spec Honda Fit (No Cat + B-Pipe + Axle-back) Driveby 2
This is with NO Cat, with B-Pipe, and Axle-back (driveby 2)

Thanks,
Tuan @ A Spec.