A Spec Products.com
With over 10 years of experience in the automotive import aftermarket industry, A Spec has been at the forefront of developing new products for new and upcoming platforms such as the new Honda Fit. Located in the heart of Southern California, we are official distributors for many high end Japanese aftermarket products from manufacturers such as Volk Racing, Work Wheels, Bride, ARC, Endless etc. as well as other high end non-Japanese aftermarket products such as Recaro, Nardi, Personal etc. Our tuning philosophy is toward the true heart of performance. We tend to focus on those parts that provide an overall performance increase to whatever vehicle you drive.

How do you guys like my FIT?

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2007, 04:30 PM
Supervillain
5 Year Member
very nice report, thanks!

Last edited by aspecproducts.com; 09-24-2007 at 07:00 PM.
Old 09-24-2007, 06:37 PM
SBT
you have pm.

Old 09-24-2007, 06:43 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by doctordoom
very nice report, thanks!
Thanks for the reply.
Tuan @ A Spec.

Last edited by aspecproducts.com; 09-24-2007 at 07:01 PM.
Old 09-26-2007, 03:24 PM
does aspec sell only the springs and screw perches? are there any options if we don't want to buy the shock and struts?

Old 09-26-2007, 03:49 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by gd_shane
does aspec sell only the springs and screw perches? are there any options if we don't want to buy the shock and struts?
Sorry, Full kits only. I can order parts for replacement, and ect...

But if you just want to order the springs, and screw perches, buy the full kit and resale the fronts. But doing all that you might as well just run the fronts.

Sorry,
Tuan @ A Spec.

Old 09-26-2007, 05:47 PM
can you please pm me price shipped to Toronto Canada? L5N 3H7

Old 09-27-2007, 01:16 PM
Banned
PMed replied ya!

Thanks,
Tuan @ A Spec.

Old 10-02-2007, 10:30 AM
can you please pm me price shipped to Edmonton Alberta Canada, T5K2X6?

also thejroisgo, any review yet?

Old 10-02-2007, 04:09 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by r.c.y.k.
can you please pm me price shipped to Edmonton Alberta Canada, T5K2X6?

also thejroisgo, any review yet?
Replied via PM!

Thanks,
Tuan @ A Spec.

Old 10-02-2007, 05:08 PM
5 Year Member
I'm very interested in how good the ride is with them. I like the fact that you can keep stock ride height for better protection of the lip from driveways.

Old 10-03-2007, 11:51 AM
SORRY FOR LAGGING, HERES THE REVIEW!

Since these are my first coilovers, i have nothing to compare them too, so forgive my n00bishness . The first thing you're going to want to do after installing these is GET AN ALIGNMENT. The guy who did my alignment said that my toe was off the charts, he also said my camber was a little toward the negative and wanted $90 to install the camber adjusting bolts (2 bolts), i laughed at him and said no.

I've only had a chance to drive around the streets and on the freeway, but I am going to be driving some twisty mountain roads and some dirt (RALLY FIT!) this weekend which will put it to the real test (until I can get back to the track).

The softest setting is barely harsher than stock, so it was reassuring to know that they weren't too stiff. On the other end, the stiffest setting almost rattles my brain loose. As a daily driving suspension I currently have it setup on setting #8 on the front and and #13 on the rear, since Azenis have such a big sidewall they rub pretty bad, so I tried to stiffen it up to minimize that issue until i can get the fenders rolled. Taking turns is AMAZING now, body roll is almost nonexistent even with medium settings. The car used to understeer like crazy, but now it is really tight, it took me a little bit to get used to, but I love it.

Overall in my opinion, this seems to be the best bang for the buck. I am VERY satisfied with this setup. I just want to say a very big THANK YOU to Tuan at A Spec for hooking me up!

Any other questions about how this suspension feels just let me know and I'll answer them to the best of my ability.

Old 10-03-2007, 02:31 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by EXWRX
I'm very interested in how good the ride is with them. I like the fact that you can keep stock ride height for better protection of the lip from driveways.
Issue is not really big, you practice on your dipping skills. HEHE. Once you get one tire up on the driveway, you should have a problem scraping at all. Like I said just a lil practice and you'll be fine, or just keep it stock height.

Thanks,
Tuan @ A Spec.

PS Nice review thanks again for the information, and have fun with your coilovers.

Old 10-31-2007, 12:32 AM
5 Year Member
Awesome write ups and review.

I have some very noob questions (about all coilovers really) - How do you adjust the height/spring compression?

I understand that its a threaded collar, but do you need to use a wrench? Do you have to jack the car up then do it by hand? Can you set something up to control the ride height automatically?

Thanks in advance.

Old 11-02-2007, 09:01 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by biblicone
Awesome write ups and review.

I have some very noob questions (about all coilovers really) - How do you adjust the height/spring compression?

I understand that its a threaded collar, but do you need to use a wrench? Do you have to jack the car up then do it by hand? Can you set something up to control the ride height automatically?

Thanks in advance.
Sup bro, not a problem. Drew a diagram for ya. (and a lil gif file I put together)

Still dont get it? Better to show some gif files!
PRELOAD:

To better explain this, what your pretty much doing is your adjusting both collars (upper is the preload collar, the one right below it is a LOCKING collar), you simple spin collars clockwise to compress the springs UPWARD or counter clockwise to adjust load on the springs. (you dont want too much! max you want to preload is about .5 inch.) What preload does, no matter how low or high you ride your car, you get full affect of FULL stoking of the shocks, and the coilovers will performance is more predictable. (Again if your higher you have higher chances of increasing BODYROLL on the car.) It also reduces more noise then normal (non preload coilovers, from the clunking and clacking).

HEIGHT ADJUSTABLE:

All this does is to lower/raises your car (lowest collar). The WHOLE shock drops into base of the coilover, or WHOLE shock comes up off of the base of the coilovers. Which still provides FULL stoke of the shocks, because of combination of PRELOAD, and AND HEIGHT ADJUSTABLY.

Hope this clears up any questions.

Thanks,
Tuan @ A Spec.

Old 11-03-2007, 10:27 AM
5 Year Member
Wow, I didnt expect that much of an explanation. Very nice.

One more question, how hard or easy it is to rotate the collars? Can you do it quickly while the car is on the ground, or do you need to lift the weight off the springs?

Can you do it by hand?

Old 11-06-2007, 01:24 PM
Banned
No you need to use the wrenches, you cannot spin it by hand, and it requires removing the wheels.

Old 11-06-2007, 01:31 PM
5 Year Member
OK Thanks again for the response. Your info is a great asset for the community.

Old 11-06-2007, 03:05 PM
Banned
NP.

Thanks for looking.
Tuan.

Old 11-21-2007, 11:29 AM
Hey Tuan I was wondering what the price shipped will be to 62521. I won't know about a purchase date till they relase our holiday overtime schedule. Then I should know what kind of "play money " I have available. Thanks

Old 11-21-2007, 03:37 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Price shipped to 32817.
Sorry if this has been answered, these are ready to install once you get them? It looks like it due to the pics.

Quick Reply: How do you guys like my FIT?