A Spec Products.com
With over 10 years of experience in the automotive import aftermarket industry, A Spec has been at the forefront of developing new products for new and upcoming platforms such as the new Honda Fit. Located in the heart of Southern California, we are official distributors for many high end Japanese aftermarket products from manufacturers such as Volk Racing, Work Wheels, Bride, ARC, Endless etc. as well as other high end non-Japanese aftermarket products such as Recaro, Nardi, Personal etc. Our tuning philosophy is toward the true heart of performance. We tend to focus on those parts that provide an overall performance increase to whatever vehicle you drive.

How do you guys like my FIT?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 03:58 PM
5 Year Member
Oh yeah, I wanted to add. You are right about buying for the budget etc, but if you have a shock dyno you can compare facts to competitor's coilovers. AND if it performs the same as another brand and is more affordable then KBee wins. I would also LIKE to think that if the 15 way adjustability does well on a shock dyno it would also reflect the quality of the product.

Old 09-18-2007, 05:50 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by smeister
Oh yeah, I wanted to add. You are right about buying for the budget etc, but if you have a shock dyno you can compare facts to competitor's coilovers. AND if it performs the same as another brand and is more affordable then KBee wins. I would also LIKE to think that if the 15 way adjustability does well on a shock dyno it would also reflect the quality of the product.
Currently there are not many coilovers available for the Fit. With that being said, even if you wanted to compare to say, Cusco, they wouldn't have a dyno chart to compare to (Even $2000+ Ohlins/Zeal don't supply dyno graphs...Zeal doesn't even give their spring rates out for the lowering springs).

If you had a dyno chart from across the ocean on a shock dyno, then if you tried to compare it to another chart from another machine, I'm not sure how reasonable it would be to compare the two. I'm not a shock engineer nor have I operated a shock dyno, but I'd assume that getting results from different machines may produce different results. Although its not the same, its like asking an exhaust manufacturer for a dyno then comparing to another competitors dyno chart. A lot can be done to produce "over-favorable" results, which doesn't result in accuracy.

So to be fairly accurate, the best method would be to dyno test all competitors and KBee at one time on the same machine with the same variables. Not a bad idea right? The only downside to that is getting all the coilovers to test, finding someone who can dyno test, and then logging the results. This would result in a higher price tag for you guys from incurred costs, and I don't think that would be attractive as a result.

We have used them on our own shop Fit, and have been impressed enough with the results to put our stamp of approval on it. If someone on here wants to also give a review on them (in exchange for a special lower price), this would be a very good way to help dissuade some of the skeptics.

The best test is to put them on and use them. If they fit your budget, criteria, and perform the way you expect, then that's a win-win. I wouldn't put so much emphasis on a shock dyno, just believe the results and the way it performs.

Old 09-18-2007, 06:59 PM
5 Year Member
Man... if I had the funds, I'd definitely be your guinea pig. That picture of the Fit is gorgeous.

Honestly, these almost sound too good to be true. I'm definitely going to have to try these out.

Old 09-18-2007, 07:59 PM
Supervillain
5 Year Member
those coilovers look like they're good quality in the pics. i would love to try them out but i'm not gonna be doing anything to my fit for a while longer because of school and other things =( i hope somebody else is willing to take the risk and give these a shot! maybe you'll get super hookups from Kbee for the rest of your life, if they turn huge in the US!

Old 09-18-2007, 08:54 PM
5 Year Member
whats the minimum and maximum drop on these?

Old 09-18-2007, 10:09 PM
SBT
I'd be willing to try these out for a special lower price. Please PM me the cost shipped to 43213

Old 09-18-2007, 11:40 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by SPON FIT
whats the minimum and maximum drop on these?
I also would like to know what ride height limits are with this system. thanks in advance for more info.

Old 09-19-2007, 01:44 AM
Damn, that sucks My "fun" money is dry till Christmas time. What will be the price after the 5 sell ? If by some miracle they are still available at that price in late December I may jump all over them. There isn't anything with adjustability out there in this price range.

Old 09-19-2007, 01:47 AM
Oh yea, belive it or not I did read through the whole post

Old 09-19-2007, 08:47 AM
So how about I come pick these up on friday?

Old 09-19-2007, 10:12 AM
SBT
Are these made specifically for USDM models, or do they require any sort of modification to fit?

Old 09-19-2007, 03:50 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by SBT
Are these made specifically for USDM models, or do they require any sort of modification to fit?
Yo, naw there made for USDM models, so no modifications needed.

Range from the Manufacture is"
Front 1.5~2"
Rear 1.5~3"

If you guys want a more accurate measurement, I'm willing to give anyone locally that would want to install these (I would install them myself {for free}), so I can get some real data for it. That one person will have a special price, and help out your fellow board / Fit members out, to narrow down some questions that people are asking. Also I am willing to provide more pictures and installation pictures.

Old 09-19-2007, 04:04 PM
Originally Posted by aspecproducts.com
Yo, naw there made for USDM models, so no modifications needed.

Range from the Manufacture is"
Front 1.5~2"
Rear 1.5~3"

If you guys want a more accurate measurement, I'm willing to give anyone locally that would want to install these (I would install them myself {for free}), so I can get some real data for it. That one person will have a special price, and help out your fellow board / Fit members out, to narrow down some questions that people are asking. Also I am willing to provide more pictures and installation pictures.
How about friday? if you're free then I'll be there

Old 09-19-2007, 05:27 PM
Banned
Yeah Friday Im here. As long as you have stock suspention on, I can measure everything out. Then I can install the Coilovers and measure out what min~max lowering is to the car.

Please let me know,
Tuan @ A Spec.

Old 09-19-2007, 07:47 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
In that pic, can the coilovers go any lower?
Looks great!!!

Old 09-20-2007, 12:29 PM
Banned
You can probly go another .5~.7 inch more.

Old 09-20-2007, 09:39 PM
i'm really interested in this coilover, if thejroisqo can't go through or if you want another guinea pig, please let me know. I'm in socal and i have stock suspension for now.

Old 09-21-2007, 08:41 PM
Banned
Sorry already done, and inputed data.

Sup Fit members,

Please take a min and thank your fellow board member "thejroiqo". He has provided his car, to fit my coilover I have here. I have all the data I needed to answer most of your questions, now its up to him, to answer "how does it ride?" :P

I have pictures posted up on the 1st page of this post, I dont have time today to fill in the details yet. I can just give u pictures so you can drool for a few days. (:P haha I'm so evil.)

1st thing MONDAY, you guys will get a full report on the coilovers, I can explain pretty much everything, cuz I was the one that installed the crazy thing. The installing didnt take much time about hour or so, just the data took about 2 hours, pictures, mesurements yada yada yada you know how it goes.

Till monday, drink up have fun. Thanks again "thejroiqo"
Thanks again.
Tuan @ A Spec.

Also give him a few days, cuz its on the softest setting to break-in shocks. The springs also will settle as well.

Last edited by aspecproducts.com; 09-21-2007 at 08:57 PM.
Old 09-22-2007, 12:43 AM
In all its glory

I'll give a review in about a week once everything settles... After the few hours I've driven it, I can already tell these were WELL worth the money!

Old 09-24-2007, 04:02 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by thejroisgo
In all its glory

I'll give a review in about a week once everything settles... After the few hours I've driven it, I can already tell these were WELL worth the money!
Nice pics! BTW.

Sup Fit members,
This is my report about the suspension.

Opening the box, and match up the front and rear suspension. The mounting points up front are were they need to be, the sway bar mounting, the braking line mounting and even a mount for a OEM plastic clip, to clip on to (WOW!! Really impressive!) Everything is there is what you need. Also there is a little add on part that you don’t really see, there is a upper bolt that is oblong shaped, for extra camber. As you see in the pictures below.

As for the rear, everything is there you need as well. The benefit obviously, is the shorter shock, and also the adjustable damper. The shocks and springs install with ease, and fits tight to its OEM mounting points. As you see in the pictures below.

Okay now moving on! How much it lowers!
Here’s a picture of it with OEM springs.

I measured 6 points on the car, 3 up front, and 3 in rear. Remember this is Sport model Fit. But the meaurements will be the same as Non Sport Fits.

Front OEM height points:
-Front lip, to the ground (11.5-inch)
-Front bumper meets to the fender, to the ground (22.7-inch)
-Front portion of side skirt, to the ground (11-inch)

Rear OEM height points:
-Rear lip to the ground (14-inch)
-Rear bumper meets to the fender, to the ground (25-inch)
-Rear portion of side skirt, to the ground (10.7-inch)

Now, I installed the Kbee’s on the car, to see the highest points on the Kbee’s. (Don’t know why I did this, but some of you want to know?!¿!?!¿) Fronts can up as high as stock, and be on it, but any higher you run into issues with the sustention operating the right way. Rears can go up “max” ¼-inch higher then stock.

Front Kbee’s highest points: (any higher then OEM, not recommended)
-Front lip, to the ground (OEM height and +up)
-Front bumper meets to the fender, to the ground (OEM height and +up)
-Front portion of side skirt, to the ground (OEM height and +up)

Rear Kbee’s highest points: (any higher then OEM, not recommended)
-Rear lip to the ground (1/4-inch Higher then OEM “MAX”)
-Rear bumper meets to the fender, to the ground (1/4-inch Higher then OEM “MAX”)
-Rear portion of side skirt, to the ground (1/4-inch Higher then OEM “MAX”)

After that, I SLAMMED IT! Haha of course.

Front Kbee’s lowest points:
-Front lip, to the ground (9.7-inch)
-Front bumper meets to the fender, to the ground (20.9-inch)
-Front portion of side skirt, to the ground (9.2-inch)

Rear Kbee’s lowest points:
-Rear lip to the ground (12-inch)
-Rear bumper meets to the fender, to the ground (23-inch)
-Rear portion of side skirt, to the ground (8.7-inch)

Total lowering of the front and rear lower is.

Fronts from OEM to 1.8-inch drop
Rear from OEM to 2.0-inch drop.

Hum?? Some of you don’t really think its that’s low, or maybe that too low for your blood!

If it’s too low their coilovers, raise them back up (duh haha jk).

For you that are worried about not being low at all, there are other solutions to make it lower! From the front and rear, as you can see in the pictures, they have 2~3 collars on it to adjust the height and preload settings. You can technically remove 2 collars up front and 1 collar in the rear. This will “not” affect the performance of the coilovers in anyway. The collars are simply there to lock the springs in place, so the shock does not move up and down the bracket from vibrations.

Fronts you can remove 2 bottom collars, and bring the whole stock down into the bracket, and the collar will lock into place. That right there will give you another .5 inch to your slamtastic Fit!

Rears you can remove the bottom collar, lock it on the lowest position, and that will give you another .25-inch. This is for those that want it just a little lower then was it is now.

That will bring it down to

Fronts from OEM to 2.3-inch drop
Rear from OEM to 2.25-inch drop.

For those who want to go even lower then this! Like tucking tires, or tucking rims for VIP status!

Lower is possible!! In order to go lower then these we can simple replace the front springs with a shorter spring from Swift Springs (MSPR for each spring, front springs 99.00ea oh course Fit Freak member discount). The over length of the springs from Kbee is 8”; you can order a set of 6” spring (good options if you guys planning on getting stiffer/softer spring rates). This will give you another 2” more to play with! Rear is pretty much max you can go with, can’t really do much because the springs are has unique coils then standard coilover springs.

Picture of the car at its lowest setting, without removing collars!

Well that’s the end of my report. If anymore question about these coilovers, please ask!

Thanks again to "thejroisgo" for taking his time to come here and fit on some coilovers.

Have a great day guys,
Tuan @ A Spec.

Last edited by aspecproducts.com; 09-24-2007 at 04:09 PM.

Quick Reply: How do you guys like my FIT?