A Spec Products.com
With over 10 years of experience in the automotive import aftermarket industry, A Spec has been at the forefront of developing new products for new and upcoming platforms such as the new Honda Fit. Located in the heart of Southern California, we are official distributors for many high end Japanese aftermarket products from manufacturers such as Volk Racing, Work Wheels, Bride, ARC, Endless etc. as well as other high end non-Japanese aftermarket products such as Recaro, Nardi, Personal etc. Our tuning philosophy is toward the true heart of performance. We tend to focus on those parts that provide an overall performance increase to whatever vehicle you drive.

How do you guys like my FIT?

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2006, 03:28 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by MINI-Fit
What rims and tires were you using?

Looks like 16x7" rims with 205/40-17 tires.

Running with an upgraded intake and exhaust?
yes the 16x7 and they are 205/40's, we ran with exhaust and intake only.

Old 10-26-2006, 08:37 PM
That looks like a perfect setup if you want to run streched tires .. Shouldnt be a problem.. I was running same wheels on my EG and had em sticking out about that much also.

Originally Posted by aspecproducts.com

15x7+23. But if you run a 15x8 or 16x8 run a +35. anything higher then +35 will rub on the stock body. just a lil information for you guys that want to run aggressive fitment.

Old 10-30-2006, 02:40 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by harajuka
That looks like a perfect setup if you want to run streched tires .. Shouldnt be a problem.. I was running same wheels on my EG and had em sticking out about that much also.
yes a slight roll and a lil modding, will sit nice with some streched tires. Look hawt in the streets.

Old 11-14-2006, 04:15 AM
June 2007 1st Place Fit of the Month Winner
5 Year Member
whats the suspension set-up on your ride??

Old 11-14-2006, 08:39 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by aspecproducts.com
15x7+23. But if you run a 15x8 or 16x8 run a +35. anything higher then +35 will rub on the stock body. just a lil information for you guys that want to run aggressive fitment.
anything higher means +40 ..+45 etc?

doesnt higher '+' offset makes the wheels sit more inwards (ie sitting further away from the guards/fenders) ?

when u say anything higher than +35 will rub on the stock body..

u meant the guards or the inner body?

if u may ..pls clear me up . im getting a lil confuse ..thanks.

and btw...wat offsets does equip03 offers?

Old 11-14-2006, 03:01 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Paulo107
whats the suspension set-up on your ride??
as of right now on stock shocks, with endless springs.

Old 11-14-2006, 03:04 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by STTICH
anything higher means +40 ..+45 etc?

doesnt higher '+' offset makes the wheels sit more inwards (ie sitting further away from the guards/fenders) ?

when u say anything higher than +35 will rub on the stock body..

u meant the guards or the inner body?

if u may ..pls clear me up . im getting a lil confuse ..thanks.

and btw...wat offsets does equip03 offers?
well for ie u have a 15x8 +28 will be flusher to the fender, run a 195 size tire to clear fender, and u will need to roll, and cut some of the fender to fit a really good fitment on the fit. now if u run a 15x8 +45 you will find yourself mounting the wheel on to the car, and the rim, just setting on the shock, the wheel will not spin or move at all, meaning the inner clearance is is zero. you have to compensate the fender and the inner clearance.

Old 11-28-2006, 09:00 AM
pretty nice

Old 11-28-2006, 01:03 PM
Banned
thank you very much.

Old 12-05-2006, 06:58 PM
sick fit looks nice

Old 12-05-2006, 08:45 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by JERKsFIT
sick fit looks nice
thankyou u guys can feel free to post pictures on this post of your own fits. :P

Old 12-07-2006, 11:56 AM
Administrator
5 Year Member
I swear I have seen that Spoon fit on a trailer in Ontario. I saw it at the beginning of summer at ampm. Truck was fueling up

Old 12-07-2006, 01:55 PM
Banned
the spoon fit is not with us anymore for quite some time now. if u seen it, it was probly going to a race track, or something?

Old 09-18-2007, 02:50 PM
Banned
KBee Full Coilover from Japan

1) What are the specs of these coilovers?

- 7kg front springs / 6kg rear springs (AP1 12kg/12kg)
- Springs are cold wound
- Inverted monotube front shocks / Twin tube rear shocks (AP1 does not have Inverted monotube)
- 15 way adjustability
- Ride height and preload adjustability
- Rear lower urethane bushings
- Spring thrush sheets (to prevent spring binding)

PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO READ THROUGH THIS ENTIRE SECTION. I WILL ADDRESS MOST IF NOT ALL THE QUESTIONS YOU WILL HAVE CONCERNING KBEES.

2) KBee? Never heard of them?

Most of you have probably never heard of KBee prior to this ad. Kbee, based in Tokyo, Japan, is a company we originally met around 2 years ago. Their background is based in engineering suspension for a major automotive companies, and from this knowledge they began to create aftermarket suspension components.

3) Who uses their stuff?

I have no fancy driver names to woo you with, or trophies to razzle you into believing in this suspension. Due to the obvious skepticism for something new, I chose to purchase these and put them on my OWN CAR. I had no reason to change out my $1800 Tein HE (S14) off my car, but as with many other things, I had to do it myself in order to believe in the product.

4) Why should I buy this?

As most of you are aware, I sell a lot of high end coilover companies, such as, Tein, Zeal, JIC Magic, RS-R, and Tanabe. Most of these coilovers are at least $1500+ street price, and with the high price tag, I can't really cater to those who are trying to do it right on a budget.

For this reason, we wanted to provide a good value coilover to those on a budget, and this definitely fills that need.

5) Are these rebuildable or serviceable?

I see this question a lot when it comes to coilovers. If properly used and maintained (within coilover limits), the overwhelming majority of owners never have issues with their coilovers, i.e most likely you will never need to do anything to them for the lifetime you own your car.

But for those who are worried, you can purchase new drop in shock inserts from KBee. This requires no downtime, but as I stated earlier, this is very unlikely if you use them properly.

And since I use these on my own personal car, if anything ever went wrong, I'd be in the same boat with you. So if I can rest assured, then you should too.

6) Do you have any pictures / reviews on cars? How do these ride?

Yes, I have some picture of them on a Fit already.

7) Do they offer these with any higher / lower spring rates?

These all come with 7/6kg (AP1 12kg/12kg) spring rates. If you want different spring rates, you can go in 2kg increments (either +2kg or -2kg) safely with the current valving. I can sell you Swift Springs if you want different free lengths and spring rates. Contact me for more info. Swift replacement springs are $99 per spring. Most of you (if not all) will be fine with 7/6kg (AP1 12kg/12kg).

8) Are these meant for drifting/grip/roadrace? Is 7/6kg spring rate too harsh for daily driving?

There is no such thing as a motorsport specific coilover. From my experience, as well as demonstrated by the majority of other coilover brands, the 7/6 spring combination is most popular and effective on a Fit chassis. As far as daily driving, some people have varying levels of comfort (I personally am comfortable with 8/6 on street driving in my S14, again I might have different taste then others). For this reason, read my buyers' reviews and then make a judgement from their opinions. I will also comment on this in my personal review.

9) Does KBee make any other models?

No, this model features pretty much everything that a Honda Fit or S2000 owner could ask for in a coilover (especially within this price range). I'm betting no one will read through the entire post I just wrote, lol.

10) How do these ride / perform in comparison to ______ (insert other brand here)?

Coilover performance is very objective, and for that reason it's hard to say how it stacks up in comparison to another brand. Read through the reviews, see if it fits your criteria, and make a judgement. As far as value is concerned, in relation to price/features in comparison to its counterparts, I'd say KBee is excellent.

11) Do you have shock dyno charts for these?

No, there are no shock dyno charts for these coilovers. Even if there was one, the majority of people on here wouldn't be able to effectively understand it (not hating just keeping it real) and for the most part I'd say this coilover is more than enough for the most experienced to just someone looking for a daily driver setup for their car. Don't buy a coilover based on a dyno chart, buy it because it fits your criteria (budget / specs / preference).

12) What is the name KBee?

Their company name + logo of KBEE comes from the Killer Bee with the mentality of "stronger, faster, and aggressive."

13) What is the weight of the coilovers?

Front GD1/3 coilover weighs ~14.05 lbs.
Rear GD1/3 coilover weighs ~18.2 lbs (including springs)

Front AP1/2 coilover weights ~ 12.8 lbs
Rear AP1/2 coilover weights ~ 11.3lbs

14) HOW MUCH ARE THESE?

I got in the following amounts of these coilovers:

(5) sets GD1/3 (06+)
(5) sets AP1/2 (00+)

As an introductory special for those who take advantage and jump on these early, I am offering these up at:

$899 shipped in US
$899 shipped in California
$850 local pickup in Socal

Prices good only on the sets in stock!

Get at me to order!

Last edited by aspecproducts.com; 09-21-2007 at 08:45 PM.
Old 09-18-2007, 03:00 PM
5 Year Member
Wow... very impressive post (yes, I read the whole thing ) and very impressive price. Hopefully you will have some of these in stock for a while, as there are a couple of things that I want to take care of before going full coilover.

This is your personal review, correct? The S14 mentioned is yours? And you mentioned that you have pictures of a Fit with these installed... where are they...?!?

Old 09-18-2007, 03:03 PM
Banned
Yeah, I have a set on my S14. I used to have Tein, but I sold them to buy these.
I also have a S13 my co-worker has them on his car is well. And a few local people have bought them for there drift cars.

As for the pictures, those are the pictures up top on the front of the fit. See how the fitment is.

Old 09-18-2007, 03:06 PM
i believe he means pics of what the fit looks like dropped on those coilovers...

Old 09-18-2007, 03:21 PM
Banned
Here a picture of it now.

Last edited by aspecproducts.com; 09-18-2007 at 03:45 PM.
Old 09-18-2007, 03:51 PM
5 Year Member
Pictures sell! lol Car looks good.

Old 09-18-2007, 03:55 PM
DAYUUUMMMMM!!!!!

Quick Reply: How do you guys like my FIT?