A Spec Products.com
With over 10 years of experience in the automotive import aftermarket industry, A Spec has been at the forefront of developing new products for new and upcoming platforms such as the new Honda Fit. Located in the heart of Southern California, we are official distributors for many high end Japanese aftermarket products from manufacturers such as Volk Racing, Work Wheels, Bride, ARC, Endless etc. as well as other high end non-Japanese aftermarket products such as Recaro, Nardi, Personal etc. Our tuning philosophy is toward the true heart of performance. We tend to focus on those parts that provide an overall performance increase to whatever vehicle you drive.

A Spec Cold-Air Intake

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2007, 07:01 PM
Banned
A Spec Cold-Air Intake

A Spec Products
With over 10 years of expereince in the automotive import aftermarket industry, A Spec has been at the forefront of developing new products for new and upcoming platforms such as the new Honda Fit. Located in the heart of Southern California, we are official distrubutors for many high end Japanese aftermarket products from manufacturers such as Volk Racing, Work Wheels, Bride, ARC, Endless etc. as well as other high end non-Japanese aftermarket products such as Recaro, Nardi, Personal etc.

Our tuning philosophy is toward the true heart of performance. We tend to focus on those parts that provide an overall performance increase to whatever vehicle you drive.

This drive for performance is what lead us to the development of our A Spec Cold Air Intake.

A Spec Cold-air Intake Manual Transmission Only

Computer Rendering

Raw Prototype Mock-up

Highlights on Cold-air Intake
  • For Manual Transmission model ONLY
  • 2.75" aluminum pipe,
  • Mandrel-bent
  • Power coated in Black
  • Retains all factory vaccum hose and sensor connection
  • Easy bolt on, installed in 15 mins with common hand tools
  • Washable high flow cone filter
  • No "CEL" Check Engine Check
  • Max. hp gain 5.17hp at 4400rpm (intake alone)
  • Max. hp 97.95hp Max Torque 94.34 lb/ft
DYNO Chart OEM Intake VS. A Spec Cold-air Intake

FOR Axle-back Exhaust please Visit: https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/spec...k-exhaust.html

A Spec Cold-air Intake / Axle-back Exhaust

Highlights on both Cold-air Intake and Axle-back Exhaust
  • Max. HP and Torque Gain over stock (with both intake and exhaust installed) is 8.92hp/10.4lb/ft.
  • Both intake and Exhaust has tremendous gain over stock even at below 3000 rpm, you have no loss on power or torque.
  • Biggest gain at mid range (4500rpm) which is useable for freeway driving and acceleration.
  • Fix the power drop problem at around 3400rpm.
  • Easy bolt on installation, no "Check Engine Light."
  • Sharpen throttle response.
Dyno Chart OEM Intake / Exhaust VS. A Spec Cold-air Intake / Axle-back Exhaust

Overall DYNO
(OEM Fit / A Spec Cold-air Intake / A Spec Axle-back Exhaust / Both A Spec Cold-air Intake & Axle-back exhaust)

Data Chart

Video of Dyno Pulls:
http://www.aspecproducts.com/forums/...deo/Intake.wmv
http://www.aspecproducts.com/forums/...eo/Exhaust.wmv

MSRP:
Cold Air Intake $120
Axle Back Exhaust $210
Axle Back Exhaust Burnt Tip $220
Combo Special:
Combo (intake+exhaust) $300 shipped or CA local pick up
Combo (intake+exhaust burnt tip) $310 shipped or CA local pick up

**Note** California resident please remember to add TAX.

ETA INSTOCK NOW!
- We also have a total of 50 pcs of Intake for MT Transmissions only.
Please send me a PM for stock and pricing.

Thanks
Tuan.

Last edited by aspecproducts.com; 01-31-2007 at 07:06 PM.
Old 02-06-2007, 01:24 AM
5 Year Member
Tuan, do you know the measurements on the filter? I got one of the intakes/exhaust from you Friday (Super easy install, perfect fit, happy so far!) but with the filter hanging so low, I'm going to see about getting a water repellant outerwear filter for it. So instead of pulling it off, do you know the height and upper and lower diameters of the filter? thanks!

Old 02-06-2007, 06:26 PM
5 Year Member
Awesome! Exactly what I needed.Thanks!

Old 02-06-2007, 08:13 PM
Banned
np thanks.

TUAN @ A Spec.

Old 03-23-2007, 09:58 AM
nice....how much?

Old 03-23-2007, 02:32 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
The filter is probably too low because its not pushed onto the intake pipe enough. Slide it upward but dont push it too far or the car wont get any air.

Old 03-23-2007, 04:40 PM
Banned
You got PMed.

Thanks.

Old 03-25-2007, 06:17 PM
5 Year Member
any sort of bypass valve for it. I've always been shaky about getting a cai, especially since my friend just locked his engine up because of it. i haven't found a shortram intake for the fit yet (aside from the way too expensive carbon fiber one)

Old 03-26-2007, 09:02 PM
Banned
The only way for a car to locked up from a CAI, is if the Filter is Submerged in water. Now in order to do that, you have to be like in 1.5 ~ 2 feet of water, by then your interior would flooded in water. You can get a Bypass valve from any company (like AEM would have to cut like about an inch from intake piping), but even then you still still suck up mist of water.

Really to solve that probly you have you a few choices!

1- you can just avoid water, or driving in the rain (if you have another car)
2- you can buy our CAI, and cut it shorter, and slap the intake on. (lose a few HP cuz of the hot air hitting the intake)
3- or remove the CAI period, if it rain. (my kit is literally like 5 mins install)

Thank for the feedback,
TUAN @ A Spec.

Old 03-29-2007, 05:10 PM
Ahh why didnt i see the exhaust and intake package before =(. Just got recieved my exhaust from you guys today. would have saved some money =/

Old 03-30-2007, 01:32 PM
Banned
Video of Dyno Pulls:
http://www.aspecproducts.com/forums/...deo/Intake.wmv
http://www.aspecproducts.com/forums/...eo/Exhaust.wmv

MSRP:
Cold Air Intake $120
Axle Back Exhaust $210
Axle Back Exhaust Burnt Tip $220
Combo Special:
Combo (intake+exhaust) $300 shipped or CA local pick up
Combo (intake+exhaust burnt tip) $310 shipped or CA local pick up

**Note** California resident please remember to add TAX.

ETA INSTOCK NOW!
- We also have a total of 50 pcs of Intake for MT Transmissions only.
Please send me a PM for stock and pricing.

Thanks
Tuan.

posted at the bottom of both post?
read my friend read... haha just kidding

yeah sorry maybe i can work something out with ya?

let me know
TUAN.

Old 03-31-2007, 04:13 PM
5 Year Member
"2- you can buy our CAI, and cut it shorter, and slap the intake on. (lose a few HP cuz of the hot air hitting the intake)"

Well, I know the air isn't as cold, but it gets to the engine faster, wouldn't that just shift the power curve down some?

Either way, i'm still not too sure about the cai. Any plans on releasing a short ram?

Old 04-02-2007, 01:31 PM
I just installed mine and it works great. Solid design and kit includes all the hardware. I may shorten the pipe or make a splash sheild at the bottom.

Other than that I think it's a great buy.

Old 04-02-2007, 02:45 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by pocketrocket
"2- you can buy our CAI, and cut it shorter, and slap the intake on. (lose a few HP cuz of the hot air hitting the intake)"

Well, I know the air isn't as cold, but it gets to the engine faster, wouldn't that just shift the power curve down some?

Either way, i'm still not too sure about the cai. Any plans on releasing a short ram?
No plans for a short ram yet. I can look into it, it will bring some HP down a bit, but still better then a stock intake, it will free a lot for air flow cuz of the cone. You'll still gain power, but not as much as if it was cold air.

but if you like i can CUT it shorter for you, its not hard at all. It wont rust cuz its full alum. Charge you the same for it.

But let me know,
TUAN @ A Spec.

Old 04-02-2007, 03:36 PM
5 Year Member
That sounds good.. when I scrape up the money to buy the exhaust, i'll get the short ram with it too.. where will you cut it? I was looking at the picture, and I wasn't really quite sure where the best point would be.

Old 04-02-2007, 06:04 PM
Banned
Most likey have it cut here, we have a cutting tool here. Its not hard at all.

But again,
Let me know,
Thanks,
TUAN @ A Spec.

Old 04-02-2007, 08:08 PM
5 Year Member
oh no no haha, i figured that, i meant where at on the pipe. sorry for not being clear.

Old 04-03-2007, 02:00 PM
Banned
some where after the main bracket. then just slap the cone one. call it a day.

Old 04-14-2007, 04:37 AM
5 Year Member
So is there any chance...ANY chance at all of having any kind of a problem with this unit and water? Obviously driving through a foot of water isn't something I'm going to do...however it does rain quite frequently here in Missouri and I don't plan on taking it off every time it rains. I've only ever heard of people having a problem if they run through a lot of standing water, but if picking up mist/spray will cause a problem too, then I'll have to re-consider.

sorry for the lame questions, but I don't know a lot about all this and don't want to take any chances with the engine. My only engine upgrades would be a CAI and exhaust anyway.

Old 04-16-2007, 08:28 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by BigBadMadMan
So is there any chance...ANY chance at all of having any kind of a problem with this unit and water? Obviously driving through a foot of water isn't something I'm going to do...however it does rain quite frequently here in Missouri and I don't plan on taking it off every time it rains. I've only ever heard of people having a problem if they run through a lot of standing water, but if picking up mist/spray will cause a problem too, then I'll have to re-consider.

sorry for the lame questions, but I don't know a lot about all this and don't want to take any chances with the engine. My only engine upgrades would be a CAI and exhaust anyway.
I believe all intakes will pick up mist and spray, but not 100% sure. You pretty much narrowed yourself down to a K&N Drop'in Filter. Anything like cold air, short ram, or Arc box intakes will suck up a little water or close to no water at all. But to be safe I think you should be a K&N Drop in filter, you wont get max HP, but it will increase it up a lil.

Dont worry about the lame questions and such, you got to be 100% sure you want the intake, its a new car, and you wanna keep it new and fresh.

What you can do is. Put it on summer times, and take it off in winter.
haha.

But thanks for your question,
TUAN @ A Spec.

Quick Reply: A Spec Cold-Air Intake