A Spec Products.com
With over 10 years of experience in the automotive import aftermarket industry, A Spec has been at the forefront of developing new products for new and upcoming platforms such as the new Honda Fit. Located in the heart of Southern California, we are official distributors for many high end Japanese aftermarket products from manufacturers such as Volk Racing, Work Wheels, Bride, ARC, Endless etc. as well as other high end non-Japanese aftermarket products such as Recaro, Nardi, Personal etc. Our tuning philosophy is toward the true heart of performance. We tend to focus on those parts that provide an overall performance increase to whatever vehicle you drive.

A Spec Cold-Air Intake

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2008, 12:18 AM
just curious, anyone have an gains mpg wise? i think i heard somewhere that CAI's can +mpg? i might just b insane

Old 09-23-2008, 02:59 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by 08_Nick_Fit
Actually after looking at directions I think it would be easier just to pay the shipping. soo could I get a quote? thanks
Replied Via pm.

Thanks,
Tuan @ A Spec.

Old 09-23-2008, 03:02 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Fitzee
just curious, anyone have an gains mpg wise? i think i heard somewhere that CAI's can +mpg? i might just b insane
I havent heard about any mods, that give you MORE MPG. Anything you add to gain HP, I believe you lose MPG. I can be wrong. We dont messure out MPG with our products.

Sorry,
Tuan @ A Spec.

Old 11-07-2008, 12:13 PM
This is going to sound like a dumb question, but would it matter/is it possible if the CAI was installed on an AT. If so, what are the reasons why it can't be installed.

Old 11-09-2008, 08:50 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by harispirzada
This is going to sound like a dumb question, but would it matter/is it possible if the CAI was installed on an AT. If so, what are the reasons why it can't be installed.
The automatic tranny stuff is in the way so there's no good place to route the piping for good cold air flow.

But if you get a good short ram intake setup you can still benefit from some power with an AT Fit.

EDIT: That's not a dumb question; there's no dumb questions. Otherwise how would we all learn new things? That's what forums, and the internet, and all sorts of Q&A resources are for.

Last edited by sevenaprils; 11-09-2008 at 08:52 PM. Reason: add info
Old 12-30-2008, 02:03 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by harispirzada
All I know is it wont fit. The mounting positions are different to the M/T ones. I dont know really detailed reasons why it wont work.

Thanks,
Tuan @ A Spec.

Old 04-30-2009, 05:05 PM
Hi there,
I may just be looking in the wrong places, but do you have a Cold Air Intake like this that will work for the '09 Fit? It's fine if it's just for manual transmissions.
Thanks!

Old 05-01-2009, 01:02 PM
Banned
@ djcrb9,

I have nothing yet on production for a 2009 Fit. Once I get word were making one, I'll post up an AD for it.

Thanks,
Tuan.

Old 05-29-2009, 10:20 PM
Installed my Aspec CAI last week - a positive review here. They were out of filters at the time I ordered, but that was no big deal, I got a discount which was enough to source my own K&N filter. Other than that, all hardware required was included, and installation was a no-brainer - no directions required and it only took about half an hour.

I can't say as I enjoy the intake sound of the L15 as much as I do on the H22, but like all intakes it's pretty much an audibly invisible mod at less than half throttle. Although for what it's worth, I do have a Beatrush underpanel, and that could effect the sound quality.

My only possible gripe was that the bends could stand to be cleaned up more on the interior of the tubing. The outside is pretty and smooth - but I'd like to see that on the inside as well to reduce turbulence. On an otherwise stock engine I highly doubt you'd see a significant amount of power from it . . . but every little bit counts. When I get a spare day, I plan on pulling the intake off and work on grinding down the welds inside - but some of them are pretty tough to get to.

Old 06-03-2009, 06:02 PM
Banned
Thanks for the quick review!!!

Hope you like our product! As for the weld being shaved down, you can try it, but might weaken then weld and might have a chance to snap so I would be careful with it. Also the dyno we did on the intake, is pretty much the intake you got.

If you grind them down I wont think it will change anything: preformance-wise.

Tuan @ A Spec.