A Spec Products.com
With over 10 years of experience in the automotive import aftermarket industry, A Spec has been at the forefront of developing new products for new and upcoming platforms such as the new Honda Fit. Located in the heart of Southern California, we are official distributors for many high end Japanese aftermarket products from manufacturers such as Volk Racing, Work Wheels, Bride, ARC, Endless etc. as well as other high end non-Japanese aftermarket products such as Recaro, Nardi, Personal etc. Our tuning philosophy is toward the true heart of performance. We tend to focus on those parts that provide an overall performance increase to whatever vehicle you drive.

A Spec Cold-Air Intake

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2008, 04:15 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by cojaro
The lower bar on mine broke :-\ I'm thinking of going with the DIY intake. Oh well, it was good while it lasted.
Thats odd we never expected that to happen. Hold off on the DIY Intake, Im going to have a chat with my boss, and see if we can so something for ya. I will contact you via PM.

Thanks, and sorry for it breaking,
Tuan @ A Spec.

Old 04-08-2008, 05:59 PM
5 Year Member
Wtf?

If you're refuring to the lower bracket for the intake? The only way that would brake is if was not installed correctly..... Maybe it's me but I used my stock intake rubber gromets. Try that next time, whether you decided to stick with aspec or not..... their product is made just fine. Either way i'm sure Tuan will help you out, try using the stock gromets. Just my opinion.

Old 04-08-2008, 06:11 PM
5 Year Member
There are no rubber grommets for the mounting flanges. The only grommet I know of is that for the AF sensor. I remember when I first got it that it was a very tight fit. I had to have my friend hold the intake in line with the mounting hole to put in the second bolt. I thought it was odd that it was so tight.

Also, the breakage occured because of some pretty strong lateral forces (side to side=lateral, right?). It was aligned other than it being about ~1inch to the left of being aligned with the threaded mounting hole. Rubber grommets wouldn't have helped any flexing side to side as the mounts are threaded for the bolts (no nuts to screw on).

I don't know when it broke, but I think it was pretty recently. I don't jump hills or anything like that, and haven't hit any potholes (though Memphis roads do suck a hard one).

(And yes, I'm refering to the lower mounting bracket/flange/whatever)

EDIT: Pics added

Name:  DSC01961.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  33.9 KB

Name:  DSC01960.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  37.7 KB

Last edited by cojaro; 04-08-2008 at 07:56 PM.
Old 04-09-2008, 12:30 AM
5 Year Member
As i said before.....

It could have been to improper install. There's no reason any part of that intake install should have needed a second hand. Either way, the rubber gromets i'm talking about are from the stock air box, at the same mounting points the Aspec intake uses. Even if for whatever reason you do decide to go with a DIY intake, try loosely fitting all the hardware first then tighten everything down. Might solve your problem? If not that, maybe you need their front and rear strut bars.

P.S.~ To get the metal shims out of the rubber gromet try using a 1/4" hand drive and push it out of the stock intake. Then place the empty rubber gromet between the factory mounting point and the new Aspec brackets. Just one guys opinion.

Old 04-11-2008, 12:12 PM
5 Year Member
I know what rubber grommets you're talking about, but they are not applicable to the A-Spec intake. On the OEM box, the rubber grommet goes around the metal collar and the bolt goes through the collar and then into the threaded mount in the engine bay. The OEM box fits around the rubber grommet. https://www.hondapartsdeals.com/hond...omponent=B++01

You can't do that on the A-Spec intake, and even if there were a grommet that could fit, the amount of "play" it would give the intake would be negligible.

Old 04-11-2008, 02:24 PM
5 Year Member
Ok.....

I get it, it seams like you're just a bit sour and not willing to try it out. Thats fine. And i have those rubber gromets on mine and theres no play at all. But, you know what they say~ "to each their own" right? Anyways when you make your own intake post up some pics i'd love to see how it came out.

Old 04-15-2008, 01:28 PM
Banned
I shot a email to the boss, so I'll be letting you know soon!

Thanks,
Tuan @ A Spec.

Old 05-13-2008, 05:01 PM
Banned
Cojaro, I got note back from the boss. Please box it up and send it back, we will send you a new one. From there we can inspect and see what happened to it.

Thanks,
TUAN @ A Spec.

Old 07-11-2008, 08:52 AM
CAI + Axle-back

Hi,

I'm looking to order your CAI and Axle-back exhaust (non-burnt tip). I'm curious as to what price I would be looking at with it shipped to 02536.

Thanks,
Todd

Old 07-11-2008, 05:26 PM
I used the rubber grommet from the OE airbox and the stock long bolt because I'm clumsy and dropped the A-Spec bolt and couldn't find the damn thing! So far no issues. Loving the intake, great sound and the butt-dyno never lies! Thanks Tuan!

Old 07-12-2008, 04:22 PM
just placed my order a couple days ago, can't wait for it to arrive. Thanks 4 the help Tuan, and the rest of the aspec staff!

Old 07-16-2008, 04:29 AM
whats up?

Just got my a-spec CAI, one question why is the filter I got different than the one showed in the picture posted

Old 08-04-2008, 03:02 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by WoolieMammoth
Hi,

I'm looking to order your CAI and Axle-back exhaust (non-burnt tip). I'm curious as to what price I would be looking at with it shipped to 02536.

Thanks,
Todd
PM'ed ya

Thanks,
Tuan @ A Spec.

Old 08-04-2008, 03:13 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by cstmFIT
Just got my a-spec CAI, one question why is the filter I got different than the one showed in the picture posted
Hey there! If you like the one in the picture (we can get one), but its hard to source that specific intake. I don't know when we be having more. But as for the filter you received, will not effect the performance of the CAI. In fact it has a larger volume of air flow (Larger filter) for a smoother and constant air flow. The material used in the filter is the same, only difference is the top. One is metal and other is polyurethane, the polyurthane keeps the intake cooler then metal one does. We currently using the polyurethane on our new intakes. Again if you have a problem with the one I sent you, we can replace it with the original one. (Just have to source more). Please feel free to contact me here, or via phone, I'll be glad to help you.

Sorry for the inconvenience,
Tuan @ A Spec.

Old 08-06-2008, 04:59 PM
CAI is great

nope, no problems love the intake thanks. can feel the 6 extra horses and better throttle responce, may want your header when I get some money . thanks again for the fast shipping. talk 2 you later.

DAVID

Old 08-07-2008, 02:39 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by cstmFIT
nope, no problems love the intake thanks. can feel the 6 extra horses and better throttle responce, may want your header when I get some money . thanks again for the fast shipping. talk 2 you later.

DAVID
No problem, I'm glad you like it!

Thanks again,
Tuan @ A Spec.

Old 09-14-2008, 10:17 PM
5 Year Member
How much for an intake shipped to 91737?

Old 09-17-2008, 08:22 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by 08_Nick_Fit
How much for an intake shipped to 91737?
Your in Rancho, you can pick up. Im off the 605 and 60. Please let me know.
Tuan @ A Spec.

Old 09-17-2008, 08:28 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by aspecproducts.com
Your in Rancho, you can pick up. Im off the 605 and 60. Please let me know.
Tuan @ A Spec.

How much picked up then?

Old 09-17-2008, 08:50 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 08_Nick_Fit
How much picked up then?

Actually after looking at directions I think it would be easier just to pay the shipping. soo could I get a quote? thanks

Quick Reply: A Spec Cold-Air Intake