A Spec Products.com
With over 10 years of experience in the automotive import aftermarket industry, A Spec has been at the forefront of developing new products for new and upcoming platforms such as the new Honda Fit. Located in the heart of Southern California, we are official distributors for many high end Japanese aftermarket products from manufacturers such as Volk Racing, Work Wheels, Bride, ARC, Endless etc. as well as other high end non-Japanese aftermarket products such as Recaro, Nardi, Personal etc. Our tuning philosophy is toward the true heart of performance. We tend to focus on those parts that provide an overall performance increase to whatever vehicle you drive.

A Spec Cold-Air Intake

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2007, 01:11 PM
Banned
Very clear pictures, and very detailed installation guide, Thanks again Paul. Hopefully you'll like the intake! As for MPG, I don't think it will change much. Not even noticeable. But yes any mods to the motor will take a lil MPG.

Please let us know if you need any help or question!

Thanks guys for your support,
and Thank Paul for the installation guide!

Thankyou,
TUAN @ A Spec.

Old 08-16-2007, 07:10 PM
5 Year Member
Mine arrived, but I got a dilema. I got a gimp intake. First, it seems the end of the intake tube that goes on the red rubber connector was cut too short. The end is secure, but I can't say the hold will last because the cut is at such a weird angle. Second, the mounting flanges don't line up at all. It's either bolted on one mount or the other, not both; and even then, it was a bitch to line up the easier mounting flange with the hole on the stock bracket. I got it on, and it sounds great, but I'd much rather have one where I can attach it at both mounting flanges.

I'll trade ya for a non-gimp one, eh? eh??

Last edited by cojaro; 08-16-2007 at 07:12 PM.
Old 08-16-2007, 09:22 PM
5 Year Member
Mine did the same, mounted either the tranmission mount or the engine mount, just twist all angles and push in on the coupler side of the intake, both mounts finally lined up. It's a snug fit.

Old 08-16-2007, 09:32 PM
5 Year Member
Do you know the size of those bolts? I dropped one and lost it somewhere in the engine bay. All I know is that they say 8.8 on top of them and that the hex head is 10mm.

Old 08-17-2007, 02:05 PM
Banned
Hey guys,
The reason why we make the intake tube shorter from throttle body, to avoid any rub or clucking from the tube and the throttle body, also give room for engine to move around from torque, or quick shifting, and dumping the clutch. It seems really spaced apart but its not, its made for engine movement.

The other thing about the brackets, it is a tight fit. In order to put it one. You need to add tension to both brackets. Besure to only hand tight by hand before shooting it into the bolt, to avoid any striping. And before I got, the bolts are 10mm.

Thanks,
Hope this will help better understand the product better.
Tuan @ A Spec.

Old 09-10-2007, 05:47 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by aspecproducts.com
Hey guys,
The other thing about the brackets, it is a tight fit. In order to put it one. You need to add tension to both brackets. Besure to only hand tight by hand before shooting it into the bolt, to avoid any striping. And before I got, the bolts are 10mm.

Thanks,
Hope this will help better understand the product better.
Tuan @ A Spec.
I accidentally dropped one of the bolts and lost it. I know it's 10mm but do you know the thread size? I need to get another from Autozone or somewhere.

Old 09-11-2007, 03:01 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by cojaro
I accidentally dropped one of the bolts and lost it. I know it's 10mm but do you know the thread size? I need to get another from Autozone or somewhere.
You know, thats a good question I dont know off the top of my head.

Use the other bolt, bring it to Home depot, and they have a treading table, it will tell u what you need.

Sorry for the lack of information

Tuan @ A Spec.

Old 10-03-2007, 12:01 PM
5 Year Member
Just wondering if the CAI are back in stock? Also, I think I read elsewhere that you might be able to trim or shorten the length near the filter end a little bit for people who are concerned about hydrofreezing the motor? I live in FL and avoiding driving in the rain is near impossible unless you just don't drive for days on end. Lemme know!

Also, I posted in the strut bar post as well, but any deal to get the bar and CAI shipped to 32127? Thx!

Old 10-03-2007, 02:18 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by sevenaprils
Just wondering if the CAI are back in stock? Also, I think I read elsewhere that you might be able to trim or shorten the length near the filter end a little bit for people who are concerned about hydrofreezing the motor? I live in FL and avoiding driving in the rain is near impossible unless you just don't drive for days on end. Lemme know!

Also, I posted in the strut bar post as well, but any deal to get the bar and CAI shipped to 32127? Thx!
Sup bro,
Yeah I'm still out of stock on the intake.

As for sucking up water from the road, yes that is bad, but only if you drip right into a 3ft pool of water. Most instake systems now suck my mist, from car just kicking up water. Never really had this problem before (I used to own other intakes systems before), think about it, just drive u suck up mist no matter where you drive, or how you drive. Car in front of you just kick up mist and water no other option but to remove it, or not drive it around when its raining. (I'm not saying mist, or water is okay to suck up, its just that most intakes do that already, and doesnt do any harm to the engine. but dont quote me on that.)

Really just avoid driving in deep puddles of water. Or just simple take off the intake and put the stock on when your on the road when its raining. It takes just mins of your time to put on or remove the intake.

Please let me know,
Tuan @ A Spec.

Old 10-12-2007, 09:26 PM
rei
still out of stock?

Old 10-14-2007, 12:03 AM
5 Year Member
someone might've posted this before but, got a pic of the aspec axleback? thanks very much

Old 10-14-2007, 07:17 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by aspecproducts.com
Sup bro,
Yeah I'm still out of stock on the intake.

As for sucking up water from the road, yes that is bad, but only if you drip right into a 3ft pool of water. Most instake systems now suck my mist, from car just kicking up water. Never really had this problem before (I used to own other intakes systems before), think about it, just drive u suck up mist no matter where you drive, or how you drive. Car in front of you just kick up mist and water no other option but to remove it, or not drive it around when its raining. (I'm not saying mist, or water is okay to suck up, its just that most intakes do that already, and doesnt do any harm to the engine. but dont quote me on that.)

Really just avoid driving in deep puddles of water. Or just simple take off the intake and put the stock on when your on the road when its raining. It takes just mins of your time to put on or remove the intake.

Please let me know,
Tuan @ A Spec.
Thanks for the info - it makes sense - guess I'm just a little paranoid with this hydrofreezing business. The fit is the first new car I've ever bought so I'm overly cautious with it.

Lemme know when they come back in stock!

Old 10-16-2007, 04:28 PM
Banned
Im still waiting on filter, but if you can wait, I have other filters, just doesnt have a hole on the top of the filter, but I think it will affect the HP on it tho. Less HP.

Just hold out for other month I think, Ill have more Filters come in.
Sorry for the long wait, (at mercy with my factory)
Tuan @ A Spec.

Old 10-21-2007, 09:40 PM
rei
What about just getting the intake without the filter? I mean, I can just get a filter from somewhere else.

Old 10-22-2007, 02:21 PM
Banned
I can send you the intake yes, with a different filter we have here, Yea! If you want to change filters with your own, I'm cool with that as well

Let me know,
Tuan @ A Spec.

Old 11-19-2007, 02:01 PM
5 Year Member
hey installed my aspec, but got the check engine light.. I had at first forgot to put the air flow sensor back, turned the car off and attached it but still there.. Any suggestions?

Old 11-19-2007, 02:18 PM
5 Year Member
got it fixed, took it to autozone, reset it and runs good thanks tuan!

Old 11-19-2007, 05:40 PM
Banned
Yeah if you started the car without having the Air meter Plugged in, it will throw a CEL. Only way to do it is to have a machine reset your ecu. Which you did. Also I didnt know Autozone did that kind of work. Good to know thanks.

Thanks,
Tuan @ A Spec.

Old 11-19-2007, 11:50 PM
5 Year Member
yup had an OBDII comp thing, hooked it up under the dash, did something and it was good to go! My bro works there so he did it for me in a sec.

Old 11-20-2007, 06:57 PM
Banned
Ah forsure, thanks for the info.

Tuan.

Quick Reply: A Spec Cold-Air Intake