A Spec Products.com
With over 10 years of experience in the automotive import aftermarket industry, A Spec has been at the forefront of developing new products for new and upcoming platforms such as the new Honda Fit. Located in the heart of Southern California, we are official distributors for many high end Japanese aftermarket products from manufacturers such as Volk Racing, Work Wheels, Bride, ARC, Endless etc. as well as other high end non-Japanese aftermarket products such as Recaro, Nardi, Personal etc. Our tuning philosophy is toward the true heart of performance. We tend to focus on those parts that provide an overall performance increase to whatever vehicle you drive.

A Spec Axle-back Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2007, 02:01 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by cstmFIT
hi just wondering if this item is carb legal in California.
also if you supply written proof to carry in the car in case you get pulled over
My axle-back is not CARB legal unfortunately. We really didnt look into making it CARB legal. Only reason why we didnt do it, we would need to go through a great deal to make it CARB. Also it wouldnt be cheap to make it CARB legal, in order to keep my axle-back cheap and affortable, we avoided making it CARB legal. We know our axle-back is very quite I can assure you it's under 98dB "Cali sound limit".

Most smog places already know what they are, so once they see your muffer, or intake. It will "fail visual inspection", after that "IT WILL NOT PASS SMOG" (they are trained to do this). In order to pass smog / sound testing. You would need to bring it to a State Ref, to do this. There is only a few State Ref's that will do this for you, you would need to look that up on a .gov/smog type sites. Once you do that, (and its passes everything) they give you a certificate for it. This will void any fix-it tickets, or hassles from the Cops. How much will it cost? I've never try tried to make it smog, or pass any testing on my personal cars. My guess it would be pretty expensive to do.

Best way to keep out of trouble, is just avoid it. Dont go crazy with your muffler, revving it, street racing, etc.. and when its time for smog, just simply remove your axle-back, slap the OEM one on. Test it, pass it, slap it back on, and be on your way.

Old 09-24-2007, 04:52 PM
Smile thanks for the info

thanks for the info I think I will order 1 when I pick up my new fit early oct. plus intake maybe

Old 09-26-2007, 02:32 PM
Banned
thanks for the info I think I will order 1 when I pick up my new fit early oct. plus intake maybe
Let me know anytime bro!

Thanks,
Tuan @ A Spec.

Old 09-27-2007, 06:28 PM
5 Year Member
Hey just wondering if the Combo special is still going on - 310 shipped for the intake and exhaust with burnt tip?

PM me please!

thx

Old 09-27-2007, 07:32 PM
Banned
I do but I ran out of Intake about another month for them Soo Sorry.

Tuan @ A Spec.

Old 09-27-2007, 11:09 PM
5 Year Member
COuld I still purchase them as a package, get the exhaust now and the intake as soon as it's back in stock? Just want to lock in the deal...

Old 09-28-2007, 01:01 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by sevenaprils
COuld I still purchase them as a package, get the exhaust now and the intake as soon as it's back in stock? Just want to lock in the deal...
Yeah np, once I get them in, I'll contact you with a PM!

Thanks,
TUAN @ A Spec.

Old 09-28-2007, 07:13 PM
5 Year Member
Is it CARB legal in the other states? Cali seems to be the strict state, and the poster specifically mentioned Cali. If it's not CARB legal in the other states, I'll reconsider which muffler to buy :-(

Old 09-28-2007, 07:44 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by cojaro
Is it CARB legal in the other states? Cali seems to be the strict state, and the poster specifically mentioned Cali. If it's not CARB legal in the other states, I'll reconsider which muffler to buy :-(
Out of California, you need to take it up with a State Ref, they can help you with any possialbe answers. My parts are made off-road use only, in ANY state. (pretty much U S of A!). Its your call to modify you car in anyway.

Please let me knwo anytime!

Thanks.
Tuan @ A Spec.

In that knowing, here is a better explination of CARB: (define CARB?!?!)

There are a lot of misconceptions about CARB. Here's what CARB means to you.

If you don't live in California, CARB approval or EO numbers are irrelevant. Even if there is emissions testing in your area, the testing will involve checking the quality of your exhaust. It's not difficult to pass a "tailpipe" test like this with a car that is not CARB legal. But CARB approval and exemptions? Doesn't matter one bit unless you live in California.

So if you do live outside of California, ask about the effects the parts will have on emissions - just don't be concerned if there's no CARB EO for the part. There are still federal laws against removing catalytic converters for example.

If you live in California, you'll need CARB approval on basically anything engine related. This includes things like turbo kits, catalytic converters and intake systems that involve replacing the airbox.

For example, if you put larger injectors on your Fit or add a exhuast to gain more HP, it is no longer legal for use on the street in California. Whether or not the inspectors will notice this is a different question, but be warned.

Really anything you do to altar to make more Horsepower, or simply just enlarging your piping size (at a local muffler shop). It will wont pass smog, nor it will pass a visual test.

Old 09-29-2007, 01:47 AM
5 Year Member
I could always swap the A'Spec muffler for the stock one when emissions testing comes around. It's not like the muffler is hard to put on and take on; just two bolts.

Old 10-01-2007, 01:39 PM
Banned
Yep you can do that as well. I dont even jack the car up. its so easy to access.

Old 10-02-2007, 02:23 AM
I'm getting my fit in 2 days and will def want to order this product decided ill get referee if i get a fix it ticket, other wise just do the swap w stock piece for SMOG. please PM shipped to 94303 thanks.

Old 10-02-2007, 04:14 PM
Banned
I'm getting my fit in 2 days and will def want to order this product decided ill get referee if i get a fix it ticket, other wise just do the swap w stock piece for SMOG. please PM shipped to 94303 thanks.
If you do get a ref ticket, cost u 35 bucks for smog. And ticket will probly cost from 115-145 bucks. But sometimes they will just let u go and you pay a court fee for 10 bucks. So really up to you. But really just keep it chill when you drive around town. The exhuast is not loud at all, but if you redline every stop light, well that cuz of your driving!

Thanks,
Tuan @ A Spec.

Old 10-22-2007, 11:30 PM
5 Year Member
(Frankenstein)ing an Exhaust

I am planning on getting me the axle-back but, I was wondering if I use it with other company exhaust parts(ex.spoon b-pipe or anither brand of cat). Will I gain or lose hp?, Is it a smart move?

Old 10-23-2007, 04:27 PM
Banned
A Spec Axle-back are made for OE B-pipe. If your spoon B-pipe fits on a OE Exhuast. Why would it not fit on mine? Company's wouldnt make a Axle-Back Exhuast if it didnt fit on OE Piping (Thats the purpose of an Axle-back so you wouldnt need to do any work on the OE piping), same goes vice versa. Spoon wouldnt make a B-Pipe if it didnt fit on Spoon Axle-backs (knowing that the Spoon Axle-backs fit on OE B-pipe, or any other brand b-pipes). Its not really a Frankenstein, if it still evolves around OE parts (better term Bolt-ON).

As for HP, yes will have extra horse power! As long as u stay around 2.25~2.5" ID piping, any bigger then that you will lose a lot of back pressure. Leading to lose of HP (at low end). High end will gain a lil more then normal. Um... the car is a lot more responsive, and piping from our B-pipe / Axle-Back are ALL mandral bend.

If you got anymore questions, Please ask,
Thanks,
TUAN @ A Spec.

Old 11-07-2007, 11:41 AM
Is the combo price still available for the CAI and burnt tip axleback?

Old 11-08-2007, 01:48 PM
Banned
Yes its still around. Remember that price is SHIPPED price outside of CA. If your in CA, PM, ill give u pricing.
Thanks,
TUAN @ A Spec.

Old 02-12-2008, 12:02 AM
axle-back pics

hey guys,
I'm contemplating a new exhaust and leaning towards the aspec axle back. It looks like it's high quality and posted good numbers on the dyno. I'm hoping to see some more pics, possibly from the side. I'm curious if it protrudes past the bumper or if it's all low pro and tucked under the bumper. Also the sound clip Tuan posted won't play for me. I don't think my player supports it. I've tried playing it from several computer w/no luck. If anyone has some more pics or sound bytes or just any general feedback on this exhaust i'd love to hear it. Thanxs guys. By the way I just purchased the strut bars and put a deposit on the next batch of aspec b-pipes. If anyone is on the fence about purchasing some products from these guys Tuan is a pleasure to deal with! -Todd

Old 02-12-2008, 02:00 PM
Banned
Sorry about that, it works on my computer try updating your Windows Media Player. If that doesn't work I uploaded them on youtube.

YouTube - A Spec Axle-back Honda Fit Dyno (Backside)
Backside on dyno

YouTube - A Spec Intake Honda Fit Dyno (Frontside)
Frontside on dyno

I also looked some up on youtube, and found a customer that uploaded it.
YouTube - A Spec Axle Back Exhaust 1
YouTube - A Spec Axle-Back Exhaust 2

The video from the customer, sounds about right, if your face was 2 feet away from the exhaust.

I had one inside the car, but I cant find it, Keep you posted.

Tuan @ A Spec.

Old 02-12-2008, 02:20 PM
Banned
Okay here more:
YouTube - A Spec Axle-back Honda fit (10 Feet away)
10 Feet away

YouTube - A Spec Honda Fit (No Cat + B-Pipe + Axle-back) Inside
This is with NO Cat, with B-Pipe, and Axle-back (inside car)

YouTube - A Spec Honda Fit (No Cat + B-Pipe + Axle-back) Driveby
This is with NO Cat, with B-Pipe, and Axle-back (driveby)

YouTube - A Spec Honda Fit (No Cat + B-Pipe + Axle-back) Driveby 2
This is with NO Cat, with B-Pipe, and Axle-back (driveby 2)

Thanks,
Tuan @ A Spec.

Quick Reply: A Spec Axle-back Exhaust