Skunk2 Racing

Skunk2 Racing has been pushing Hondas to go faster and handle better for over a decade. We've applied that experience to our latest project car the "Skunk2 Fit R". As we transformed the Fit into a beast, we developed an aftermarket arsenal for the Fit enthusiast. Our first release is the Skunk2 Lowering Spring but Keep your eyes on us for Fit exhaust, full coilovers and much more... 

skunk2 short throw shifter!!!???

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 01:28 AM
Originally Posted by Illusive
Yeah but shipping to Canada is always a little bit more Oh well, I'm still waiting for a reply for the shipping price from that guy on eBay...

EDIT: PWNED! They want $25.00 to ship it up to me...and JHP doesn't ship up north...
I guess thats when you start talking real nice to the US guys. We could probably get it in and reship for cheaper than $25

Old 08-02-2007, 09:48 AM
Retired Moderator
lol no worries...as it stands right now, after I'm done my next round of mods, I won't even have enough to buy this damn SS to test out!

Old 08-02-2007, 02:16 PM
I ordered mine the other day to. Should be here soon....Can't wait!

Old 08-04-2007, 06:53 PM
5 Year Member
these are sold out everywhere!! can anyone help, needs to be shipped to the UK...

Old 08-04-2007, 07:18 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jezzy's jazz
these are sold out everywhere!! can anyone help, needs to be shipped to the UK...

email the guys from rms-usa.com they dont have it on their website but they do have them in stock

Old 08-04-2007, 09:51 PM
Can't vouch for the UK, but there is plenty on Ebay if your comfortable with that. I'm waiting on mine coming in, should be here in 2 days and I'll let you know who I got it from on Ebay and if its worth it.

Old 08-04-2007, 11:23 PM
5 Year Member
even the eBay ones are near gone.. saw some only in Canada I believe.. sellin like hotcakes!!

Old 08-05-2007, 07:29 PM
5 Year Member
thanks guys, i have been on ebay, sold out left, rite an centre...

Old 08-06-2007, 12:54 AM
5 Year Member
Old 08-06-2007, 02:26 AM
5 Year Member
unfortunately those shipped to the states is $19.. 3x more than the older auctions.. prob pay about $25-$30 more than I paid for one on eBay.. but I guess beggars can't be choosers!

Old 08-06-2007, 05:47 AM
5 Year Member
i have tried those links on ebay, but they said they are sold out...

Old 08-06-2007, 09:01 PM
5 Year Member
got mine today now i just gotta find some time to put it on

Old 08-06-2007, 10:00 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by SPON FIT
got mine today now i just gotta find some time to put it on

took me like 15 or 20mins?? not hard to install at all

Old 08-06-2007, 10:42 PM
Got mine today but I didn't have any time to install it. I'm gonna do it tomorrow evening.

Old 08-06-2007, 11:30 PM
5 Year Member
just got the skunk2 SS installed. feel good! Real subtle, you'll notice the shortness after driving it, b/c I couldn't feel a difference just sitting in my seat and playing with the gears. Also feels a lot notchier, I like.

A few tips: Follow the DIY for the Mugen SS install, but you don't have to do a few steps: don't take out the cotter pin on the left side of the assembly and you don't have to mess with the linkage on the right side.. just pop out the black one on the left and you can twist the shift assembly to access the bottom.
The bushing on the ball of the shifter is a PITA to get off, keep working at it.. I pried it off with a screwdriver and some force.. Use a rubber mallet to put the bushing on the new extended skunk2 ball.. Use loctite definately on the set screws to keep the extension from coming off in the future. As for screwing the 4 bolts back in, it kinda sucks to get it aligned with the 4 added heighteners, so just work at it.. Took me prob 45min to install in the damn heat. Most time took was to take off the bushing on the ball and getting the set screws in really tight, and then finally screwing the 4 bolts together. Getting the console off was cake though. Good luck!

I like the shorty a lot, had one in my old car and loved it. Feels really solid now and definately shorter, but not as short as I would want.. but short enough!

Old 08-07-2007, 12:26 AM
5 Year Member
well i put it on and it took me about 30 min.it was easy except for the damb bushing wouldnt come off.other than that i was just fiddling to get the bolts lined up.easy as sunday morining overall.

now for impressions,you can definatly feel a diffrence,its notchy,soild and best of all shorter.me likey alot

Old 08-07-2007, 01:50 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by aznguyen316
just got the skunk2 SS installed. feel good! Real subtle, you'll notice the shortness after driving it, b/c I couldn't feel a difference just sitting in my seat and playing with the gears. Also feels a lot notchier, I like.

A few tips: Follow the DIY for the Mugen SS install, but you don't have to do a few steps: don't take out the cotter pin on the left side of the assembly and you don't have to mess with the linkage on the right side.. just pop out the black one on the left and you can twist the shift assembly to access the bottom.
The bushing on the ball of the shifter is a PITA to get off, keep working at it.. I pried it off with a screwdriver and some force.. Use a rubber mallet to put the bushing on the new extended skunk2 ball.. Use loctite definately on the set screws to keep the extension from coming off in the future. As for screwing the 4 bolts back in, it kinda sucks to get it aligned with the 4 added heighteners, so just work at it.. Took me prob 45min to install in the damn heat. Most time took was to take off the bushing on the ball and getting the set screws in really tight, and then finally screwing the 4 bolts together. Getting the console off was cake though. Good luck!

I like the shorty a lot, had one in my old car and loved it. Feels really solid now and definately shorter, but not as short as I would want.. but short enough!
you have to pull the left side linkage up to unscrew the assembly. that step is needed to install this SS, I used every step bcuz it was needed

Old 08-07-2007, 11:04 AM
Retired Moderator
Really? I didn't have any problems with the bushing. Did you take off that metal wire that goes on top of the bushing? Once you take that off ,the bushing will slide right out.

Old 08-07-2007, 11:07 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Illusive
Really? I didn't have any problems with the bushing. Did you take off that metal wire that goes on top of the bushing? Once you take that off ,the bushing will slide right out.
well I must be calling it wrong, I understand that pin and white square bushing was easy to come off, but it was the little white bearing on the ball of the shifter itself that would not come off.

Old 08-07-2007, 11:09 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by George02
you have to pull the left side linkage up to unscrew the assembly. that step is needed to install this SS, I used every step bcuz it was needed
I understand that part, I did mention that the black linkage on the left side needed to be unhooked, but the one on the right didn't need to be messed with. Nor the cotter pin on the far left does not need to be taken out. Those are just unnecessary steps for the skunk2 ss.

Quick Reply: skunk2 short throw shifter!!!???