3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

MODS/ACCESSORIES for the GK

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2017, 10:54 PM
Originally Posted by Noodler
jdm headlights
Looks good. Also wondering about how you did the wiring.

Old 01-29-2017, 10:06 AM
Originally Posted by galaxy convoy
Any info on how to install? Im guessing wiring is not plug n play
Originally Posted by JinKisaragi
Looks good. Also wondering about how you did the wiring.

I made a plug and play harness adapter.

Only thing that isnt working is having high beam on at the same time with the low. Since our stock h4 wiring switches power from low to high for the high beam its a little tricky to keep both on. maybe with the use of diodes i can keep the lows on. But its so much brighter i dont see the need for highs so wont be venturing into the diodes anytime soon.

The costly part is the connector plug and pigtails for the LED unit from honda. costs over 120$

Name:  IMG_8311_zpsjkdddk0o.jpg
Views: 772
Size:  236.3 KB

Last edited by Noodler; 01-29-2017 at 11:12 AM.
Old 01-29-2017, 01:56 PM
5 Year Member
Reflashed my ECU with KTuner's base tune. It's meant for stock engines, no bolt-ons. Noticing improved power in mid to upper rev range, a dramatically diminished hesitation/stuttering in low gears and low RPM, and diminished rev hang across all gears. As KTuner states in their description, all around improved drivability and I absolutely agree. Feels like this should have been the factory tune, at least for the 6MT. Highly recommended you check it out.

Old 01-29-2017, 07:15 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by WagovanMan
Reflashed my ECU with KTuner's base tune. It's meant for stock engines, no bolt-ons. Noticing improved power in mid to upper rev range, a dramatically diminished hesitation/stuttering in low gears and low RPM, and diminished rev hang across all gears. As KTuner states in their description, all around improved drivability and I absolutely agree. Feels like this should have been the factory tune, at least for the 6MT. Highly recommended you check it out.

So what does it do? Keep rpm always high to give you a sense of power, but increases your gas consumption?

Old 01-29-2017, 09:00 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by wasserball
So what does it do? Keep rpm always high to give you a sense of power, but increases your gas consumption?

I'm not sure If you're trolling so I won't take the bait. Like I said, check it out. Google KTuner and maybe also what an ECU does for a drive-by-wire car.

Old 01-29-2017, 10:51 PM
5 Year Member

I'm not sure If you're trolling so I won't take the bait. Like I said, check it out. Google KTuner and maybe also what an ECU does for a drive-by-wire car.
Well, I'm not trolling, but I did go to their website and it indicates that the kit isn't street legal.

Old 01-29-2017, 10:56 PM
5 Year Member

You're overly sensitive. troll? If you are so concerning, then don't post it. It should be an easy question to answer. Just what does it do? There are all kinds of gadget claiming extra power, and they really do is running the engine at a higher rpm. After all, HP is not something you measure like Watt tried to do. It is a calculated quantity. Usually, the higher the rpm, the higher the horsepower. I would show you the torque vs horsepower curve for the Fit engine, but it is nowhere to be found.

Last edited by wasserball; 01-29-2017 at 11:15 PM.
Old 01-30-2017, 12:56 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by KentFinn
Well, I'm not trolling, but I did go to their website and it indicates that the kit isn't street legal.
No it is not and sometimes good mods aren't. Luckily it's not the kind that can be detected by law enforcement. Pretty sure only the dealer and emissions testers would know. I retain the ability to reflash the ECU using the factory tune for those days.

Yes, Ktuner's marketed for off-road test purposes only. Don't know if they could sell it otherwise.

Old 02-04-2017, 11:24 PM
No it is not and sometimes good mods aren't. Luckily it's not the kind that can be detected by law enforcement. Pretty sure only the dealer and emissions testers would know. I retain the ability to reflash the ECU using the factory tune for those days.

Yes, Ktuner's marketed for off-road test purposes only. Don't know if they could sell it otherwise.
Let us know how the fuel economy is, I hate the factory tune, it's dogshit, going from driving my fully tuned Evo on a AEM Standalone to the fit, you notice all the hiccups and drive ability issues, been waiting for someone to release the software to go in and unfuck the tune.

And the police nor emissions people would be able to tell the difference honestly. Even the dealership might not be able to see if it's been reflashed.

Old 02-06-2017, 07:19 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Thestig0711
Let us know how the fuel economy is, I hate the factory tune, it's dogshit, going from driving my fully tuned Evo on a AEM Standalone to the fit, you notice all the hiccups and drive ability issues, been waiting for someone to release the software to go in and unfuck the tune.
I'd say it's been significantly unfucked, though I'm still feeling the occasional hiccup, mostly when the engine is cold. It's possible there are some issues that will only go away if you get a custom tune, instead of relying on a base tune.

I may want to further minimize the rev hang by lowering the fuel cut delay a little more. It's currently at 30 milliseconds across all gears and can be dropped down to 0 if desired.

The usable rev range has really opened up now. I'm having a ton of fun between 3k and 5k. The gearing/ratios seem to have been improved as well as 1st doesn't feel like a granny gear as much and I'm cruising at 75 MPH in 6th with revs in the mid 3k instead of droning at 4k.

As far as I can tell, my MPG is remaining consistent at 28 mpg. It use to be 30 before I changed wheel/tire setup and I also drive pretty aggressively.

Old 02-07-2017, 02:22 AM
5 Year Member

I don't think they're trolling, they just don't get it.

I struggle with coming on this forum. I'm used to owning EVO's, WRX or basically cars that are performance oriented. Those forums and Facebook pages are full of builds, parts installs, dyno sheets and other car related stuff. I have a WRX that I bought to just autocross, and that's all I basically do with it. I bought my Fit because it was a cheap crap box that seemed to be better than average in the class and in a year I'll give it to my son for a college car and buy something else.

The average Fit buyer/forum viewer isn't someone I'm accustomed to. From my observations they seem to celebrate the utilitarianism of the car. Any mod usually has some post about it hurting the gas millage or wrecking the future resale vale at trade in or time of sale. Common thread seems to be something like I wanted the manual, but the CVT gets 3mpg better fuel economy. Who cares? Ignoring the return on investment of how long one needs to drive the car to recoup the $800 more for the CVT with a 3mpg difference, when fuel is little over $2 per gallon. Personally, I'd have to slit my wrists if I had to drive an already anemic car with the CVT. At least the MT keeps me from pounding my head on the steering wheel to unconsciousness.

Anyway, I come here because of a handful of people who don't post about gas millage, oil, best all season tire, what consumer reports thinks (I've never read it and could care less what they think about anything I might ever buy) or any other prosaic topic that seems to get the average Fit owner excited. Besides I was also able to buy a nice set of wheels for snow tires reasonable off this forum.

So basically, I know it's not worth my time to try to explain why I bought a $27K car to beat the crap out of on weekends for fun. Why I made it underivable on most roads to make it handle better racing around a parking lot, why it has $700 worth of tire that wear out in 3K miles, why I put a massive rear sway bar on it, why I took off perfectly usable struts with 1500 miles to put $600 worth of Koni's on. Better yet, why I disregarded the factory warranty and probably voided it modifying my car when it had less than a thousand miles.

Anyway, some people (myself) find the posts interesting

Old 02-07-2017, 09:11 AM
5 Year Member
I guess I'm not really interested into turning the Fit into something it's not. My Fit is my daily commuter. I knew I was going to have a long commute once I got married, so I needed something with good mileage. Not interested into turning it into a fire spitting time attack car. Or someone wanted to put a lift and offroad tires on a Fit recently. WTH? With that being said, it's your car do what you want just realize people will ask questions. If all you're willing to answer is look at the website, they'll just think it's another gimmick performance chip that doesn't do anything.

I've done slight mods to help me enjoy my commute. HKS exhaust sounds good and drowns out the highway noises. And got the CVT 'cause I didn't want to hear the engine droning at 4k RPM @ 65 MPH for 2 hours a day haha. Progress RSB helps it corner on the 10 miles of twisties I get to enjoy before I hit the highway. Looking at getting 205/50/16 to replace the stock sized Firestones in a couple of months when they wear out etc.

Old 02-07-2017, 07:20 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Rob H
I don't think they're trolling, they just don't get it... Anyway, some people (myself) find the posts interesting
I too wish there were more tuning talk going on here. I think it's due to a limited aftermarket, at least compared to other platforms and even previous generations. Hopefully this will improve over time.

You're right though, most people who come here aren't interested in mods that change the car's performance personality. LED cup holders on the other hand...

Old 02-07-2017, 09:49 PM
5 Year Member
I too wish there were more tuning talk going on here. I think it's due to a limited aftermarket, at least compared to other platforms and even previous generations. Hopefully this will improve over time.

You're right though, most people who come here aren't interested in mods that change the car's performance personality. LED cup holders on the other hand...
And then there are folks like me. I look for tips and warnings. I lack both the money and mechanical skills to do the expensive mods or any but the simplest DIY.

But I resent the "cheap crap box" remark made in this thread. I chose the EX for its features and the 6 speed manual because its fun factor, even with my artificial right foot. Short of the Civic Si I used to own, it is toss-able (in my limited experience). I cannot comment on expensive toys..

Old 02-08-2017, 08:59 PM
5 Year Member
And then there are folks like me. I look for tips and warnings. I lack both the money and mechanical skills to do the expensive mods or any but the simplest DIY.

But I resent the "cheap crap box" remark made in this thread. I chose the EX for its features and the 6 speed manual because its fun factor, even with my artificial right foot. Short of the Civic Si I used to own, it is toss-able (in my limited experience). I cannot comment on expensive toys..
i don't have any issue with anyone buying what they can afford. I can respect that.

The reality is it is a cheap crap box car designed and sold at a price point to complete with other cheap crap box cars in the class. The class is the economy class or crap box class.

That's auto manufacturing and sales. Take higher priced Chevy Impala, Ford Fusion and Chrysler 200 for example. They're all about the same size. Similar HP and are at the same price point. Same can.be said for Mustang, Camaro or Challenger. Ford Focus RS vs Subaru WRX STi. People choose based on brand preferences, styling or maybe a feature or two they like. You're just not going to see a $16K from one manufacturer be comparable to a $40K car from another

Personlly I don't know how much longer I can drive my Fit? I bought it with the intention of driving it a year or so and giving it to my son. Yesterday on my way home from I said to myself "I really hate this car". I thought the worst car I ever owned was a $400 Chevy Chevette I owned as a kid? Now I'm thinking if it wasn't for the conntivity the Fit would be the worst?

Old 02-08-2017, 10:37 PM
5 Year Member
i don't have any issue with anyone buying what they can afford. I can respect that.

The reality is it is a cheap crap box car designed and sold at a price point to complete with other cheap crap box cars in the class. The class is the economy class or crap box class.

That's auto manufacturing and sales. Take higher priced Chevy Impala, Ford Fusion and Chrysler 200 for example. They're all about the same size. Similar HP and are at the same price point. Same can.be said for Mustang, Camaro or Challenger. Ford Focus RS vs Subaru WRX STi. People choose based on brand preferences, styling or maybe a feature or two they like. You're just not going to see a $16K from one manufacturer be comparable to a $40K car from another

Personlly I don't know how much longer I can drive my Fit? I bought it with the intention of driving it a year or so and giving it to my son. Yesterday on my way home from I said to myself "I really hate this car". I thought the worst car I ever owned was a $400 Chevy Chevette I owned as a kid? Now I'm thinking if it wasn't for the conntivity the Fit would be the worst?
I'm probably going to be slapped down for the following, but it will be worth it.

Rob, you are looking down your long nose at those of us who cannot afford multiple high priced toys. Don't lecture me on the realities of the automotive or any other industry. I'm 76 and have been aware of these realities for approximately 60 years.

Is the Fit or any other Honda perfect? No, nor is any auto manufacturer. But maybe you have the perfect solution for the rest of us. Speak to us, o mighty one. Give us a small portion of you infinite knowledge.

BTW, don't let the door hit your magnificent posterior as you leave this crap box forum.

Last edited by KentFinn; 02-09-2017 at 09:50 AM.
Old 02-08-2017, 11:05 PM
5 Year Member
We all have opinions and they're all uniquely relative to each of us.

I'm willing to admit it's entry level and of cheaper quality, at least in terms of materials. But damn, that's why I love Hondas. They are economical, but provide great platforms for expansion and modification. I might really dislike my Fit by now if it weren't for the mods I've made.

In other words; I can love the crap out of this car and embrace the crap box image.

Old 02-09-2017, 07:33 AM
5 Year Member
The Fit is the cheapest model in Honda's lineup. What expectations are there when buying the cheapest car in the lineup?

When I was price shopping for a commuter car, the Fit checked most of the boxes and that's what I bought. It so far has exceeded most of my expectations. I knew it wouldn't be the fastest car out of the gate, but it gets crazy gas mileage and is relatively comfortable. Had to raise the center armrest and that's made a big difference on long trips. It's got more technodoodads than any car I've owned. First car with a backup camera, and the dynamic lines are awesome for parking. Bluetooth integration is nice, and I like how it launches Pandora and starts streaming music after a minute or two.

It could be faster. It could be quieter. The quality control could be better as I've had multiple trips to the dealership for recalls and defective parts replaced under warranty. Then it probably wouldn't be the cheapest car in the lineup...

Old 02-09-2017, 11:21 AM
5 Year Member
I'm probably going to be slapped down for the following, but it will be worth it.

Rob, you are looking down your long nose at those of us who cannot afford multiple high priced toys. Don't lecture me on the realities of the automotive or any other industry. I'm 76 and have been aware of these realities for approximately 60 years.
I don't care what you drive or anyone drives. I never look down at anyone for what they drive, because I don't care. I worked at Chrysler for a bunch of years. Had employees drive all sorts of cars. Did I think they should buy the brand that was paying their paycheck, yes. Did I care what they bought, no. They exchanged their labor for money. Once it's their money, they can spend it however they choose.

I bought a Fit (regrettably), you bought one. Just because we bought them doesn't mean it's not a horrible crap box car, it is. You obviously have more issue with it than me? I'm sorry you're not comfortable with who you are, what you have and how someone might view it? Not my problem.

Back to car modifications:

Not for my Fit, but I ordered some brake pads for my WRX. Went with Carbotech. Was trying to decide between Project Mu and the Carbotech but couldn't find enough information on the Project Mu. Looks like they offer a different lineup for the US market than the rest of the world? Not really sure why? In the past I've had Hawk HPS and HP+ From my experience the HPS were barely better than OEM but still produced allot more dust and occasionally squeaked unless kept clean. The HP+ stopped on a dime, but were incredibly dusty and very noisy. We'll see how the Carbotech compare.

Old 02-09-2017, 12:11 PM
5 Year Member
I don't care what you drive or anyone drives. I never look down at anyone for what they drive, because I don't care. I worked at Chrysler for a bunch of years. Had employees drive all sorts of cars. Did I think they should buy the brand that was paying their paycheck, yes. Did I care what they bought, no. They exchanged their labor for money. Once it's their money, they can spend it however they choose.

I bought a Fit (regrettably), you bought one. Just because we bought them doesn't mean it's not a horrible crap box car, it is. You obviously have more issue with it than me? I'm sorry you're not comfortable with who you are, what you have and how someone might view it? Not my problem.

Back to car modifications:

Not for my Fit, but I ordered some brake pads for my WRX. Went with Carbotech. Was trying to decide between Project Mu and the Carbotech but couldn't find enough information on the Project Mu. Looks like they offer a different lineup for the US market than the rest of the world? Not really sure why? In the past I've had Hawk HPS and HP+ From my experience the HPS were barely better than OEM but still produced allot more dust and occasionally squeaked unless kept clean. The HP+ stopped on a dime, but were incredibly dusty and very noisy. We'll see how the Carbotech compare.
I've had no issues with the Fit other than one recall, so minor that I don't remember which one. I had a problem with the clutch switch which may have been due to my short legs and long torso rather than the switch itself. Crest Honda took care of that w/o charge (the switch, not the legs). My EX was assembled sometime in Dec. 2014 which seems to be the breaking point of the quality issue.

The latter part of your rant would probably be more appropriate in a WRX forum than here. I kinda liked the fully-riced-from-the-factory WRX when it was first introduced. That charm has faded over the years. I'm sure it is well known in a small township of under 2,000 in Illinois. My daughter-in-law is from Lamont.

Quick Reply: MODS/ACCESSORIES for the GK