Notices
For Sale / Want To Buy / Classified Ads for USED Fit Items Buy and Sell your USED FIT stuff here. Vendors, please do not post here. Use the "Vendor Marketplace" forum instead. MUST HAVE 20 POSTS

WTB: Aftermarket B Pipe.. spoon, t1r, etc

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2013, 09:08 AM
Retired Moderator
5 Year Member
WTB: Aftermarket B Pipe.. spoon, t1r, etc

Im in florida.. let me know what you've got

Old 02-06-2013, 04:04 PM
5 Year Member
Ive got a megan racing bpipe Id like to get rid of. Ill trade you for your stock plus $60 as long as nothing is wrong with yours.

PM ME

Old 04-29-2013, 07:09 PM
5 Year Member
sorry to bump a dead thread... Looking for a B pipe myself now!!! Just need a 2.25", Megan is A OK!

Old 04-29-2013, 08:00 PM
Retired Moderator
5 Year Member
same here im still looking for a bpipe

Old 04-29-2013, 08:08 PM
5 Year Member
I REALLY want a 2 piece, like a Megan or this DME one I found... I dont want a "name brand" Spoon or J's since I will be hacking it up...

I NEED the flanges and hangers so all I have to do is hack it and add in my 2.25" high flow cat. Then I can clamp on my light weight muffler ( < 3 pounds!) and call it a day...

Literally this is all I need to complete my class legal high flow exhaust system... Found two options but I am hoping for something cheaper or used LOL

Never heard of them or this and no real details other than "2 piece"
DME Exhaust Systems | HorsepowerFreaks

TONS of conflicting information on the Megan pipe... is it 2.25 or 2.35?!

Found this one at the cheapest...
Megan Racing MR-MIDPIPE-HF07 Honda Exhaust Mid Pipe on eBay!

Still... I REALLY need a 2.25" B pipe... I am TRYING to find some one local to fab a custom B pipe... but adding a 49 state legal cat to a car that arrives with out "factory installed emissions equipment" gets tricky where I'm from

Last edited by TPColgett; 04-29-2013 at 08:10 PM.
Old 04-29-2013, 08:14 PM
5 Year Member
Well... at least according to Megan's product site it IS 2.25"... Now lets see if some one has one! Megan Racing

Old 04-30-2013, 09:04 AM
Retired Moderator
5 Year Member
i had the megan, it hangs mad low.. i ideally want a spoon 1 piece.. might even just have something welded up when i get my car back

Old 04-30-2013, 09:06 AM
Retired Moderator
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TPColgett
I REALLY want a 2 piece, like a Megan or this DME one I found... I dont want a "name brand" Spoon or J's since I will be hacking it up...

I NEED the flanges and hangers so all I have to do is hack it and add in my 2.25" high flow cat. Then I can clamp on my light weight muffler ( < 3 pounds!) and call it a day...

Literally this is all I need to complete my class legal high flow exhaust system... Found two options but I am hoping for something cheaper or used LOL

Never heard of them or this and no real details other than "2 piece"
DME Exhaust Systems | HorsepowerFreaks

TONS of conflicting information on the Megan pipe... is it 2.25 or 2.35?!

Found this one at the cheapest...
Megan Racing MR-MIDPIPE-HF07 Honda Exhaust Mid Pipe on eBay!

Still... I REALLY need a 2.25" B pipe... I am TRYING to find some one local to fab a custom B pipe... but adding a 49 state legal cat to a car that arrives with out "factory installed emissions equipment" gets tricky where I'm from
why are you putting a high flow cat in your b pipe? B pipe only has the resonator ..

Old 05-12-2013, 06:08 PM
I have a Mugen short shifter 2009-2013. Let me know if interested. Just finished off my lease and now on to a minivan...:-/

Old 05-12-2013, 06:18 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by dewthedew
why are you putting a high flow cat in your b pipe? B pipe only has the resonator ..
Stupid rules in my class. Have to retain a "high flow" cat within 6" downstream of where the OE cat exits I'm using the WeaponR race header so I plan to splice the new cat into the first section of a used Megan B pipe I picked up. Then chop it again and slip on a Burns 17" muffler to make a light weight side exit class legal race exhaust

Old 05-12-2013, 07:06 PM
Supervillain
5 Year Member
Stupid rules in my class. Have to retain a "high flow" cat within 6" downstream of where the OE cat exits I'm using the WeaponR race header so I plan to splice the new cat into the first section of a used Megan B pipe I picked up. Then chop it again and slip on a Burns 17" muffler to make a light weight side exit class legal race exhaust
Is this what you're talking about?

"E. Catalytic converters: Any catalytic converters are allowed, but must
attach within 6” of the original unit. Multiple catalytic converters may
be replaced by a single unit. The inlet of the single replacement converter may be located no further downstream than 6” (152.4mm)
along the piping flow path from the original exit of the final OE converter. The extents of an OE converter are defined by the expansion
chamber in which the catalyst is contained, regardless of placement
within larger exhaust sections. Replacement converters must have
a minimum catalyst density of 100 cells per inch and minimum substrate length of 3” (76.2mm)."

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but it sounds like you've only lost the cat at the race header. Does that mean you're fine if you retained the OEM cat between the headers
and the b-pipe?

Old 05-12-2013, 10:52 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by doctordoom
Is this what you're talking about?

"E. Catalytic converters: Any catalytic converters are allowed, but must
attach within 6” of the original unit. Multiple catalytic converters may
be replaced by a single unit. The inlet of the single replacement converter may be located no further downstream than 6” (152.4mm)
along the piping flow path from the original exit of the final OE converter. The extents of an OE converter are defined by the expansion
chamber in which the catalyst is contained, regardless of placement
within larger exhaust sections. Replacement converters must have
a minimum catalyst density of 100 cells per inch and minimum substrate length of 3” (76.2mm)."

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but it sounds like you've only lost the cat at the race header. Does that mean you're fine if you retained the OEM cat between the headers
and the b-pipe?
The GD3 only has the one cat, directly attaching to the header and before the B pipe. The Weapon R header replaces the OE header AND cat. In fact the second section, the 2-1 collector to flex pipe and 3 bolt flange is what replaces the cat. It's quite long

Name:  Raceheader.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  25.4 KB

Old 05-13-2013, 12:46 AM
Supervillain
5 Year Member
The GD3 only has the one cat, directly attaching to the header and before the B pipe. The Weapon R header replaces the OE header AND cat. In fact the second section, the 2-1 collector to flex pipe and 3 bolt flange is what replaces the cat. It's quite long

Oh dang, I kinda just assumed we had 2 OEM cats.

Old 05-13-2013, 10:17 AM
Retired Moderator
5 Year Member

God, i dont miss owning one of those.. such a pain!

Attached Thumbnails WTB: Aftermarket B Pipe.. spoon, t1r, etc-raceheader.jpg  
Old 05-13-2013, 12:40 PM
5 Year Member
God, i dont miss owning one of those.. such a pain!
Do tell!

I have heard of fitment issues... can you elaborate?

I mean, I expect more noise and additional heat but, BECAUSE RACE CAR

Old 05-13-2013, 12:43 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by doctordoom
Oh dang, I kinda just assumed we had 2 OEM cats.
The GE's (2009+) have 2. A "pre cat" that bolts directly to the exhaust port on the head, and then a more standard "under floor" cat that bolts to that:

Old 05-13-2013, 02:42 PM
Retired Moderator
5 Year Member
Do tell!

I have heard of fitment issues... can you elaborate?

I mean, I expect more noise and additional heat but, BECAUSE RACE CAR
It doesnt fit properly.. just like any other Weapon r product lol I had mine welded together at the slip "flange" part so it wouldnt leak.

You have to drop the whole subframe down to install the friggen thing..

it did sound pretty good tho.. just not worth the hassle for how little gains you get

Old 05-13-2013, 04:42 PM
5 Year Member
It doesnt fit properly.. just like any other Weapon r product lol I had mine welded together at the slip "flange" part so it wouldnt leak.

You have to drop the whole subframe down to install the friggen thing..

it did sound pretty good tho.. just not worth the hassle for how little gains you get
Hmm, all good info!

I REALLY do not want to have to drop the sub frame

I KNOW that there have been fitment issues with Weapon R... I have an intake manifold of there's that's the early one that initially belonged to Felix and went through several other sets of hands before I got it

Funny story, I took that TO Weapon R as they are local to me... And they didn't want to give it back!!! Said it was a "test fit prototype" that should never have been sold I still had them clean, and weld in the necessary braces it. But now it's just a paperweight as I can't be competitive in the class it puts me in

And as far as gains, I will take ANYTHING that my class allows!!! I got Mini's, Yaris and Corrolla's spanking me in the WHP numbers... But thanks to FlashPro and I guess some of my own skill I have been keeping up

Old 05-14-2013, 08:42 AM
Retired Moderator
5 Year Member
Well I can tell you for sure if you dont drop the sub frame a little you wont get that header in.. and it will rub on the heatsheilds and it will make noise.. you may even break that flex pipe thats in there.. I have LOL

Old 05-14-2013, 12:35 PM
5 Year Member
Well I can tell you for sure if you dont drop the sub frame a little you wont get that header in.. and it will rub on the heatsheilds and it will make noise.. you may even break that flex pipe thats in there.. I have LOL
So you installed it from the bottom? I did the DC Sports little shorty one from the top no problem... but I figured it was not going to work so easy with the much longer WR...

You broke the flex pipe Man.... I'm hoping that my stiff mounts will not let the engine transfer as much motion back... and noises LOL I already got quite a few of those I saw some one else on here said flat out to just remove the heat shield. Can't recall which one though. Where did it rub worst for you?

Quick Reply: WTB: Aftermarket B Pipe.. spoon, t1r, etc