Notices
For Sale / Want To Buy / Classified Ads for USED Fit Items Buy and Sell your USED FIT stuff here. Vendors, please do not post here. Use the "Vendor Marketplace" forum instead. MUST HAVE 20 POSTS

WTS: '08 Fit sport (blue) in Kansas

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2009, 03:45 PM
WTS: '08 Fit sport (blue) in Kentucky (Fort Knox/Louisville area)

Ok so I got this about 2 months before I deployed to Iraq (Oct 2008-Oct 2009). I drove it to Houston got the windows tinted and tinted the tail's. Added a axle back, CF grill delete and CF gas door replacement..color is VBP (blue)... now I'm probably going to have to sell. I just had it in to the Honda dealer for its oil change and check up on thursday. Car is in central Kentucky right now but can be delivered anywhere 2 hour drive or less. Car currently has less than 11,000 miles but is being driven almost daily to work and back. 5spd manuel tranny, no engine, tranny or performance mod's besides the axle back (will look for brand/name tomorrow)

I'm looking to get $13,500 OBO for it so if you are looking for one LMK
Best way to contact me is via email at avenge2c@hotmail.com and please put Fit Sport in the tittle, bumps are greatly appreciated
Thanks in advance
Brad
DSCF2214.jpg?t=1281287490
DSCF2212.jpg?t=1281287490
DSCF2215.jpg?t=1281287490
DSCF2209.jpg?t=1281287490
DSCF2208.jpg?t=1281287490

Last edited by Avenge2c; 08-08-2010 at 09:43 PM. Reason: Added visual stimulus
Old 11-26-2009, 10:34 AM
zero interest..... is the price too high? Or no one in midwest? Need pictures?? Whats up?

Old 08-04-2010, 10:41 AM
lowered price.... would like to sell ASAP

Old 08-04-2010, 11:44 AM
i think the problem is that almost all the people on this forum already have a fit, maybe try craigslist and/or ebay motors or something...or try selling it to carmax if there is one in town

Old 08-04-2010, 11:50 AM
5 Year Member
Before I bought my new Fit I searched for a low mileage used on my local craigslist, cars.com and autrotrader.com. I am sure if you post in all the places mentioned, it will sell quickly.

Good Luck!

Old 08-04-2010, 12:48 PM
5 Year Member
I searched on this forum before I got my fit and this is actually where I ended up finding it

Sometimes people don't take the time to bother if there's no pictures so maybe just add a couple to entertain people.. I would also post on Honda tech and clubrsx and some other enthusiast sites. GLWS

Old 08-04-2010, 12:48 PM
5 Year Member
I searched on this forum before I got my fit and this is actually where I ended up finding it

Sometimes people don't take the time to bother if there's no pictures so maybe just add a couple to entertain people.. I would also post on Honda tech and clubrsx and some other enthusiast sites. GLWS

Old 08-06-2010, 08:35 PM
Thanks for all the advice guys, I will be getting some pictures this weekend and add them to this post as well as listing it on craigslist and maybe cars.com
Brad

Old 08-06-2010, 10:18 PM
Exactly. Get some pics. I bought my fit off of here

Old 08-08-2010, 01:16 PM
Craigslist is GARBAGE! I have gotten about two dozen spam emails asking me to go to every kind of site and get insurance quotes, value quotes and everything else for the car

Got pictures up now though and not in a big hurry to sell so we'll see where this goes...... its priced below KBB...... low mileage.....ect....ect...

Old 08-08-2010, 06:27 PM
5 Year Member
Hmm ok price i would say i like the car looks good with the mods u have done. Is it a AT or a MT?? Hmm if i only had a little bit more cash i would pick this up for my Girl. Im looking at geting her something nice around this time next year i hope.

Old 08-08-2010, 09:28 PM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up This a Great car to sell

If you are selling give it a great detailing inside and out. It does not cost much except time and the pix it gives you will sell the car. (supplies about 40-50.00)
Start on the interior: vac, wipe down with a damp micro fiber: dash, cup holder, all plastic trim and door jambs. Then the glass all 10 windows a few times till they're streak free. Move to the engine bay if it's really dusty spray everything down with water and use a soapy m.f. cloth let dry and spay down with tire foam lightly and wipe down: hoses, all plastic and use the m.f. cloth with a light touch wipe down the hood insulation pad and the under side of the hood. If you have gotten this far soldier then your on the way to making a sale @ full price never think that this car with 11K miles should be sold Less than Book!
Onward and foreward: now this is what seperates the weekend sellers from the got it sold at full price people. Jack the car up and remove the wheels clean with megq. wheel cleaner and a $5.00 14" handle brush from wallmart really clean the rims front and back, yes back is as important as the front the future owner will see this type of cleaning and not realize it but know this is a clean ride and clean ='s safe and sold. Next take the tire cleaner and brush and spray the wheel wells and scrub them down too. and use Megq. hot shine on the tires before reinstalling. now the biggest sales point of this car is the paint, it has an impeccable shine almost show quality when polished, sealed and waxed. Megq. clay bar kit is a great start follow the instructions and follow up with Megq. polish the NXT Megq. calls this a wax but it is a great paint sealer, then follow up with Megq. yellow Carbuna wax with the color you have it will look darker, deeper and shinier than when it was deliverd new.

Another thing I have found in selling cars Nobody wants anything to far from stock, it maybe to your advantage to replace the grill with the stock one your's looks like somethings missing in the middle and the gas cap, and tails too. You can offer these to the new owner for a great price if they show any interest if not one of the FF's will buy whatever it is you have left over.
The day you finish all this work take at least 50 pix choose from them about 10 with a good mix of interior, under the hood (the most over look spot of a car and the second most important to the customer) and extior shots 3/4 shots down the sides, front and back and Mileage! this is a great milage, huge selling point don't forget this.

I write this to you Staff Sergeant Stevenson because you have put your life on the line for our County. And this is a way to say Thank-You to you soldier and your family. God Bless every step you take to keep you out of evil's way and keep watch of you brother's back.
If you do these things listed above you won't have to sell you Fit ..... it will sell it's self and that's the way it's done sir.

Last edited by Perrenoud Fit; 08-15-2010 at 08:10 PM.
Old 08-11-2010, 03:55 PM
Thanks for the advice, and I agree those are things I should do but being active duty Army, living in Kentucky and not having a garage I don't see any of that happening now. When I lived in Kansas I had a nice two car garage and loved waxing this car (its nice and little ) but no way am I doing it in the Kentucky heat and humidity of summer....... I'll check out carmax and at 10,465 miles I'm pretty sure I'll get my asking price pretty close anyway

Old 08-12-2010, 04:41 PM
5 Year Member
looking for any trades? i have an RSX-s for trade looking for a fit

Old 08-14-2010, 10:37 PM
5 Year Member
what is your current asking price, i'm looking for one but never have any for sale up here i'd need to be able to work out getting it shipped to Alaska though

Old 08-15-2010, 05:48 PM
5 Year Member
^^^ ak honda,
With the $ you save fly down drive back and call it a vacation, this time of year is better than the winter what's that hotels you'd be driving one

Last edited by Perrenoud Fit; 08-15-2010 at 07:56 PM.
Old 08-15-2010, 06:11 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Perrenoud Fit
^^^ ak honda,
With the $ you save fly down drive back and call it a vacation, this time of year is better than the winter what's that hotels you'd be driving one
I've done the drive from North Dakota up to Alaska ;-D it becomes more of a matter of time off from work :P

i have that super street issue

Old 08-15-2010, 08:01 PM
5 Year Member
Cool, you are a die hard honda fan!
GLW the Fit.

Old 08-15-2010, 08:02 PM
grill?

I'm sorry it's off topic but what kind of grill is that and how much trouble was it? I've been trying to de"H"ify my Fit from Day one. The front grill's the hardest.

Old 08-16-2010, 08:22 PM
Originally Posted by JayPee_inc
looking for any trades? i have an RSX-s for trade looking for a fit
Sorry not looking to trade right now. Fiance just started back in college and could use the extra money more than anything.

Originally Posted by ak_honda
what is your current asking price, i'm looking for one but never have any for sale up here i'd need to be able to work out getting it shipped to Alaska though
Not in a huge rush to sell and already priced almost $1,000 below KBB.
2008 Honda Fit - Private Party Pricing Report - Kelley Blue Book
That being said if you are ready to buy I'd be willing to make a deal and save you a couple bucks more

Originally Posted by feddup
I'm sorry it's off topic but what kind of grill is that and how much trouble was it? I've been trying to de"H"ify my Fit from Day one. The front grill's the hardest.

Sorry I'm not sure what the name (brand) of the grill is but its a CF replacement part. I was worried about the install too, but honestly it was pretty easy. Just undo the top bolts (between the headlights) and pull it back a little so you can get in behind the bumper/grill. Then its just a bolt on each side of the opening too easy really!

Thanks for looking, now lets get someone in a nice '08 Fit Sport

Quick Reply: WTS: '08 Fit sport (blue) in Kansas