Notices
For Sale / Want To Buy / Classified Ads for USED Fit Items Buy and Sell your USED FIT stuff here. Vendors, please do not post here. Use the "Vendor Marketplace" forum instead. MUST HAVE 20 POSTS

TW: 2008 Honda Fit Sport - SSM - 5k miles

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 07:25 PM
5 Year Member
TW: 2008 Honda Fit Sport - SSM - 5k miles w/ PICS

SALE PENDING

Hello all. I've been debating whether or not to sell my Fit. I really don’t want to sell it, but I have another car and I wanted to see if selling it made sense.

I am the original owner and the Fit was purchased new in August 2008 from Spirit Honda in El Monte, CA. It currently has about 5,200 miles and the registration has been paid through August 2010.

Here are some general details: completely stock Storm Silver Metallic Fit Sport, no mods ever installed, manual transmission. The Fit is always garaged overnight, never been smoked in, no dings, dents, etc., etc. It is in really good condition...but there is some bad news...

Bad news: A couple of months ago, I parked it on the street in front of my work (not parallel parking, but head-in meter parking spots) and someone hit the passenger side of the car while parking...not sure if it was from pulling in or backing out, but the body shop thought it looked like the car was backing out.

The person who hit my Fit dented/scraped the front and rear passenger side doors. Also, this lovely person decided to not leave a note…so I had to file a hit-and-run report and pay for my insurance deductible.

The Fit was repaired at a certified Honda repair facility (AutoBody Masters in Culver City, CA)...recommeded by Miller Honda and Yelp.com.

Both the body shop and my insurance company suggested that the front door be replaced...I initially told them that I wanted to keep original parts, but they recommended replacing the front door if I wanted the car to look as good as new.

So, all the repair work was done with genuine Honda parts and I think it looks as good as new. Other than this incident, no other work has ever been done to this Fit.

Whenever I think about my Fit, I still think about the hit-and-run…and I keep asking myself why I didn’t park in a different spot…I guess I'm forever traumatized.

Anyway, I have copies of the insurance estimate and hit-and-run report for anyone interested.

Last edited by karprive; 08-27-2009 at 12:47 PM. Reason: SALE PENDING
Old 08-17-2009, 10:48 PM
5 Year Member
Carmax will turn around and sell it for $15k.
Good luck, you should get a lot more than $10k.

Old 08-18-2009, 06:45 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by radareclipse
Carmax will turn around and sell it for $15k.
Good luck, you should get a lot more than $10k.
Thanks...I hope you're right.

Also, pics of the Fit have now been added.

Old 08-18-2009, 10:33 PM
5 Year Member
List this in the local paper, Craigslist. In LA this car is a commuter's dream.

Old 08-18-2009, 11:11 PM
5 Year Member
I'm a big fan of yours. If my Fit was garaged it would be in similar condition as yours, minus the low mileage.

You've done all that you can to keep your car in such a great shape. The car is barely used and has crazy low mileage. To me it does not make sense to sell it if you can't get a decent amount for it. Because it is a year old the value has dropped quite a bit. I would keep it. At the rate you're driving, in 2012 your car will still be worth over $10K. I agree with radareclips, try Craigslist to see if you can get around $15K for it. GL.

Old 08-19-2009, 07:32 AM
5 Year Member
BUT, the value hasn't dropped. The dealer is just trying to knock you over.

Old 08-20-2009, 01:55 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by radareclipse
BUT, the value hasn't dropped. The dealer is just trying to knock you over.
I do feel that the Carmax (near LAX) quote I received is a bit low...especially since I saw another 08 Fit Sport on their lot (auto trans) with about 10k miles selling for $17K...but I'm guessing this Fit has never had any body/paint work done.

If I could get around $13.5K for it, I would be inclined to selling...so, if there is any interest please let me know.

Last edited by karprive; 08-27-2009 at 12:50 PM.