Notices
For Sale / Want To Buy / Classified Ads for USED Fit Items Buy and Sell your USED FIT stuff here. Vendors, please do not post here. Use the "Vendor Marketplace" forum instead. MUST HAVE 20 POSTS

FS: Used Megan Racing Suspension System

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2008, 03:18 PM
FS: Used Megan Racing Suspension System

$400.00 shipped! Used for about 4k miles. NO DEFECTS. These are in perfect condition GUARANTEED or your money back. I just have no use for em anymore and they are just laying around here. Give me a call at (626) 358-0050 or PM me and Ill reserve it for ya. Ask for Chuck

Megan Racing Street Coilover System MSRP $1050.00

Megan Racing Coil-Over Dampers are the ultimate upgrade to your track or street car. Featuring 32 Levels of damper force adjustment, full-height adjustment, these damper kits are then perfectly matched with front and rear Pillow Ball upper mounts for camber correction in most applications.

The adjustment of the damper is as simple as can be with a built-in knob at the top of the damper mount for easy access. Simple adjustments can be made to tune to your style of driving and comfort level desired. Single-Adjustable dampers make suspension adjustments easy to tune whether you’re a professional mechanic or an automotive enthusiast with amateur mechanical skills.

The height adjustment is made easy with CNC-Machined locking perches for accuracy and smooth adjustment. You can raise your car up to factory height for OEM appearance with performance handling or you can drop your car all the way down for a formal racetrack and an aggressive stance lowering your center of gravity to gain full potential of your car’s handling capabilities.

On most applications, the Megan Racing Damper Kits come with fully adjustable Pillow-Ball upper mounts to easily tune and adjust your camber. Adjustable camber gives you an edge on most suspension setups, as you can easily tune your car for any ride height which improves handling, predictability and furthermore tire wear, which is a great benefit both on the racetrack and on the street.

The quality and durability of the Megan Racing Damper kits are unmatched. Made of extremely durable Steel and featuring springs that are constructed of SAE-9254 Cold-Wound Steel which are then tested over 500,000 times by compression inspection. With deformation less than 5% and high strength sophisticated surface coating, we stand by our product with our strong warranty.
Features:

- Spring Rates: 8kg Front and 10kg Rear

- 32 Levels of Adjustable Damper

- Pillow Ball Upper Mounts.

- Rubber Dust Covers.

- Adjustable Ride Height

- Aggressive Spring Rates

- Single-Cylinder Design

- Aluminum Brackets

32 Levels of Adjustment:

1-8: Suggested for track use.
9-16: Suggested for mountain/aggressive use.
17-32: Suggested for common street use.

- All coilover damper kits come with 1 year manufacture-defect warranty.

- All Hardware is Included

MSRP: $1050.00

Last edited by ShowstoppersUSA; 11-14-2008 at 03:20 PM.
Old 11-14-2008, 03:43 PM
SOLD to MacBuddy! Thanks!

Old 11-14-2008, 04:03 PM
5 Year Member
dam that was fast as hell, i was going to pm you

Old 11-14-2008, 04:07 PM
Ahaha I know right... Ill keep you as backup though incase macbuddy doesnt need it. Ill let you know in a bit...

Old 11-14-2008, 04:43 PM
Banned
Hey macbuddy (Mike)-
You probably did a good thing. The price makes this worth the risk (risk being that we don't have dozens of posts about the wonders of this brand of coilovers). They might be great, and you didn't have to spend much to find out.

Old 11-15-2008, 05:26 PM
5 Year Member
the coilovers are fine. there is nothing wrong with them .......risk.....

glad you got them macbuddy

Last edited by redrumm; 11-15-2008 at 05:29 PM.
Old 11-15-2008, 05:51 PM
5 Year Member
Great deal for good coilovers!!!

Old 11-15-2008, 05:52 PM
5 Year Member
dammit i want these got sold hella fast

cant find any cheaper coilovers then this

Old 11-15-2008, 07:46 PM
5 Year Member
close thing to it is NEX for price wise haha

Old 11-15-2008, 09:24 PM
5 Year Member
holy, this was gone in 30 minutes!. where the hell was i! LOL

Old 01-30-2009, 02:00 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by redrumm
the coilovers are fine. there is nothing wrong with them .......risk.....

glad you got them macbuddy
redrumm-

For your information, and for the rest of the forums, the risk in buying used shit is that sometimes it is being sold by scammers. This is the case in macbuddy's purchase. ShowstoppersUSA sent him a box of used parts, but left out many crucial parts that prevent macbuddy from even being able to install the coilovers, and even left out the adjustment spanner wrench. Three months of phone calls to the seller, and all that he has gotten is lies and excuses. He's been told that the missing parts are "in transit", but the UPS tracking numbers that he has been given do not exist on UPS.

Chuck at Showstoppers has been the guy lying to macbuddy for months. A search of the record on this seller on BBB shows a rating of "F", due to many consumer complaints that have been unanswered by Showstoppers.

Member macbuddy has been a victim of Mail Fraud committed by Showstoppers.

Mike (macbuddy) is not a very confrontational guy and he has put up with this crap far too long. I personally have no problem at all with confrontation. These crooks have harmed my friend and taken his money under false pretenses. I want all fitfreaks to know about their "business methods" so that no other forum members will be victimized.

Forum Owners: if ShowstoppersUSA does not give macbuddy what they advertised in post #1, what macbuddy paid for in advance last November, they should be banned from the forums. We don't need liars and thieves advertising here.

Old 01-30-2009, 02:21 PM
5 Year Member
Damn dude, that really grinds my gears. ****in scammers. Sounded like a damn good deal too. Thanks for the heads up manxman. What really pisses me off is how some of us are strapped for cash in the first place and dont have room for being scammed like that. If macbuddy didnt get them first, i would have.

Last edited by AnlDyxp_GD3; 01-30-2009 at 02:26 PM.
Old 01-30-2009, 04:11 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by AnlDyxp_GD3
Damn dude, that really grinds my gears. ****in scammers. Sounded like a damn good deal too. Thanks for the heads up manxman. What really pisses me off is how some of us are strapped for cash in the first place and dont have room for being scammed like that. If macbuddy didnt get them first, i would have.
In this case, you were the lucky one.

Old 01-30-2009, 05:00 PM
5 Year Member
I am simply bumping this to the top so that more people can become aware of this. I have found this forum to be one of the nicest out there and the last thing we need is shenanigans like this.

Free bump.
Name:  MrBump.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  11.4 KB
Name:  bump_signs.jpg
Views: 85
Size:  30.7 KB

Old 01-30-2009, 05:37 PM
Banned
Thanks for the help to keep future victims AWAY from these crooks. macbuddy works until 11:00 tonight. He will have some comments of his own to post.

Old 01-30-2009, 06:23 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by manxman
Thanks for the help to keep future victims AWAY from these crooks. macbuddy works until 11:00 tonight. He will have some comments of his own to post.
Yeah i want to hear what macbuddy has to say about this. I got curious and went to check them out on bbb.org and they do have an F!. LOL!

Old 01-31-2009, 05:18 AM
5 Year Member
...2.5 months later...

Hey FitFreaks,
I wasn't going to post anything on this, but manxman convinced me that it was my duty to inform my fellow FitFreaks about my coilover fiasco. The majority of what manxman posted was fairly close to what actually transpired. He got some of the facts wrong, but spot on with most of it.

This all started 11/14/08 when this post first showed up. I think I might have been the first to view it. Interested, I called and spoke with Chuck who assured me that the coilovers were in perfect condition, GUARANTEED, or my money back! I told him I'd take it. The deal was done in 5 minutes.

I received the Megans by UPS on the afternoon of 11/20/08. When I opened the box, I was a bit surprised to find parts loose, scattered within the box. I guess I was expecting each of the shock units to be assembled and complete. Upon further inspection, I noticed that some of the hardware was missing. By checking the included parts list, I determined that several bits and pieces of hardware and/or tools should have been included. I immediately called him about the startus of the shipment. He said he was unaware that anything was missing. I was told to PM him the parts, and he would then send them to me ASAP. Here is my PM on 11/20/08:
Hey Chuck,

FYI, I just got the set of coilovers this afternoon. Thanks, that was really quick!

Hey, when I looked through the shipped package, I noticed that some of the hardware was missing. Hopefully you guys just forgot to ship these items. Can you please locate the following pieces and send them to me?

These are the parts in question:
A) 4 damper adjusting knobs (2 for front, 2 for rear)
B) 2 C wrenches (tools)
C) 1 Hexagon wrench (allen wrench?)
D) 4 noise prevent cushions (washers)

Thanks in advance,
Michael
1/22/08
I waited a day and got no reply. I called him to see if he got my PM. Chuck told me he got the PM and that he was working on the list. I mentioned to him that I also noticed that 2 of the 4 "dust covers" were torn, 4 of the 6 spring cushions were damaged, one of the shock sleeves was missing and that none of the nuts were shipped. He told me to resend a PM with an updated list of parts. Here is what I sent:

1/22/08
Chuck,
According to the terminology of the provided "instruction sheet," I am missing all 4 damper adjusting knobs. None of the tools were sent, therefore I need the 2 C wrenches, and the Hexagon wrench. I could use a fresh set of all 6 noise prevent cushions, as 4 of the 6 are not serviceable. 2 of the dust covers were split, so if you can send 4 new dust covers, that would be really nice. One of the front strut sleeves was missing, obtaining a new matching set would be much appreciated. Lastly, all 4 nuts were missing.

So, here is the list once again:
A) 4 damper adjusting knobs (2 for front, 2 for rear)
B) 2 C wrenches (both sizes)
C) 1 Hexagon wrench
D) 6 noise prevent cushions
E) 4 dust covers
F) 2 sleeves (for the front struts)
G) 4 nuts

I can't wait to try them out!

Thanks again,
Michael
Because of the Thanksgiving holiday, I gave them a break for not updating me on the status of the hardware/tools situation.

12/03/08 2:03pm
Not having heard from Chuck, I called to get an update. He said he got most of it together, and will send it out ASAP.

12/08/08 Chuck PMs me:
A) 4 damper adjusting knobs (2 for front, 2 for rear) - Need 2 more coming in today!
B) 2 C wrenches (tools) got these
C) 1 Hexagon wrench (allen wrench?) You can use a standard allen wrench for this. Im not exactly sure what size it is but if you have an allen wrench set, one of those will work...
D) 4 noise prevent cushions (washers) Got 2 here, waiting for an additional 2 coming in today as well.

Thanks !

Chuck
Hey, he wasn't following the updated list!

12/08/08
I immediately PM'ed him to inform him that he was using the wrong list:
Chuck,
Thanks for heads up on the incomimg parts. i appreciate your help. Hey, I don't want to sound demanding, but did you see the PM that I sent on 11/21/08, titled "List of Vital Parts"??? I also wanted to get:
E) 4 dust covers (2 of the 4 that shipped were split)
F) 2 sleeves (for the front struts... only one shipped)
G) 4 nuts (none of these were included, but I should have something lying around that will work)
For future reference, can you please send me a phone number that I can call should I need replacement parts later on...or do I just contact you guys for this?

thanks in advance,
Michael
12/18/08
Still nothing from Chuck. I called to find out "what's up?" Chuck said he had all but one part left and was waiting for it before he was going to send out the package. He said he would go to Megan the next morning to pick up the last part, a damper knob. Once he gets it, he will send it out ASAP.

With the Holidays going on, I cut him some slack and gave him the benefit of the doubt.

12/29/08 Still no word from Chuck. I decided to give him a call. He said all the parts were finally in, and he would send them out ASAP, and that I should be getting the package Wednesday, if not Thursday.

1/6/09 Hmm...still no package. I called Chuck and asked about the package. He said he sent it out USPS on 1/5/09, and that I should get it anytime now.

1/15/09 WTF...still no package! I called Chuck. He said it must have gotten lost in the mail! He'll check with the Post Office and will call me back in 10 minutes. A couple hours later, no return call. I called Chuck. He said to check with MY Post Office and see if they are holding my package. I called my Post Office, who tells me that they are not holding anything for me.

1/16/09 I call Chuck to tell him that my Post Office does not have the package. He said to wait a couple of days, then let him know what's going on.

1/20/09 I call Chuck and tell him, "NOTHING IS GOING ON!!!" He said no problem, he'll just order up the list again, and should have everything by 22nd and have everything sent out ASAP. Should arrive by Friday.

1/22/09 I call Chuck to find out what the situation is. Chuck said that he had to send his driver to Megan to pick up the last part. Once his driver gets back, he will send it out ASAP.

1/23/09 I make a follow up call. Chuck said that his driver got back at 7pm, too late to send it off yesterday. He assured me that he would send it off today, and PM me the tracking number.

1/26/09 12:53pm I still haven't heard from him, and no PM with a tracking number. I give Chuck a call. Rocky answered and said to call back since Chuck was with a customer at the moment.

1/26/09 1:00pm I call back and ask for Chuck. Rocky said that Chuck just left for lunch...Lunch! WTF! Rocky took my number and said he would have Chuck call me back later in the day. I got no return call.

1/26/09 3:58pm I called Chuck and asked for the tracking number. He said to call back in 10 minutes because someone else was using the computer.

1/26/09 4:52pm I called Chuck for the number. He finally gave me a tracking number. I jumped on my CPU to check it out, went to UPS site...entered the tracking number..."INVALID"...WTF!

1/26/09 5:02pm I called Chuck right back, told him the number was invalid. He said that was odd, it works on his CPU. He told me to try again later. Eventually that evening, UPS did show that the number was valid, however, it also showed that the package was never picked up nor sent.

1/27/09 1:25pm I called to confirm whether the package was picked up by UPS, or taken to UPS. Rocky said yes that UPS did pick it up, he saw my package go out Monday. WTF, Chuck said he sent it out Friday!

1/28/09 10:32am UPS is still not showing that a package has been picked up by UPS. I call again, Rocky once again assures me that the package was picked up by the UPS driver. He said he will contact UPS and find out what the problem is, and will call me right back.

1/28/09 11:50am I called Rocky to find out if anything came of his UPS inquiry. A girl answered and told me that Rocky was with a customer, and that Chuck was not in. She took my number and would have Rocky call me back. I got no call back.

1/29/09 11:09am I called to find out what the story would be today. Rocky said that the UPS driver found the package in the back of his truck, and that the driver promised to get it into the system when he gets back tonight.

1/29/09 4:49pm I called for an update. Rocky confirmed that the package is enroute, and apologized for the delay.

1/29/09 10:45pm I get home from work and check the UPS site. Finally, the package has been scanned, and is finally enroute.

1/30/09 2:18am UPS tracking shows that my package in in Sacramento.

Well, that's it for now. I'll let you guys know what happens ASAP!!!

Old 01-31-2009, 05:32 AM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up

holy crap. Sorry to hear that dude. But if the package is on its way. hopefully everything works out. Looks like a lot of extra headache but hopefully you can get everything solved, and most importantly get what you payed for. goodluck man, keep us posted!

Old 01-31-2009, 05:53 AM
5 Year Member
wow i would be so pissed already since they're making it much more of a hassle for you to keep calling. i really want to know what happens! and i hope you get ALL your parts!!!

Old 01-31-2009, 11:42 AM
Banned
Macbuddy,
Your detailed story was a LOT of words that translate into only three: "I Got Screwed". The Rocky and Bullwinkle Show isn't over yet. Let's see what's in the box that is on its way. BTW- UPS drivers scan the shipping label codes of every package they pick up when they pick it up. The driver who "found the box in the back of the truck" would have known it was there just by looking at his scanner.

Based on all of the preliminary garbage, I expect that the used dampers are going to be just more garbage once you have all of the installation tools and hardware to get them installed. I hope not for your sake, but so far you have been taken advantage of, every step of the way. When things go this bad this fast, the longer you wait to put a stop to it, the worse your chances of success become. Good luck!!!

Quick Reply: FS: Used Megan Racing Suspension System