Notices
For Sale / Want To Buy / Classified Ads for USED Fit Items Buy and Sell your USED FIT stuff here. Vendors, please do not post here. Use the "Vendor Marketplace" forum instead. MUST HAVE 20 POSTS

FS: Used Megan Racing Suspension System

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2009, 12:34 AM
dude did you get it?

Old 02-14-2009, 05:44 AM
5 Year Member
...3 months later, and the order is still not complete...

Originally Posted by VBP08GD3
dude did you get it?
Man...I waited all day for UPS, and still got nothing.

2/13/09
2:30pm-I called Showstoppers and asked Chuck to give me the tracking number...he said to call back in 20 minutes because the computer was being used by someone else.
4:06pm-I asked for Chuck and was put on hold for 8 minutes. Chuck answered, and I asked him if the package got sent. He said, "yes!...hey, can you hold a second?" He put me back on hold. 20 minutes later, I got dial tone!!!
4:26pm-I called back. Rocky answered. I asked him to look up the tracking number for the package that Chuck sent out to me. After 4 minutes on the computer, Rocky said that he couldn't find anything sent out to me. Rocky said to call back in 20 minutes, Chuck was unloading a truck.
4:50pm-I call back. All I get is, "Showstoppers, please hold." I wait 13 minutes, then I hang up, only to call back again.
5:04pm-Chuck answers. I ask him for the tracking number... I can hear Chuck tapping away on the keyboard for about 5 minutes. Then Chuck picks up the phone and says, "oh, there is no tracking number, it got sent out USPS instead of UPS. You should get it in the mail any day now. Give it at least a day or so..........(silence)...........hey, is that cool?"

...man, I couldn't even answer him...

Old 02-14-2009, 01:13 PM
dude wtf is this bs... who sold you this shit?

Old 02-14-2009, 01:51 PM
5 Year Member
Macbuddy,

IDK if you found about their website, but here goes

ShowStoppersUSA :: Award Winning Cars

And here is the address, if anyone wants to see the person personally....

Showstoppers USA
Unit B - 137 West Pomona Ave.
Monrovia, CA 91016
(626) 358-0050
Fax (626) 358-0040

Goodluck with getting this fix

Old 02-16-2009, 09:53 PM
wdb
5 Year Member
Bump for a long, sad story that needs to be read.

Some kind moderator should change the subject so people know just what kind of luz0rs we have here.

Old 02-19-2009, 09:37 AM
5 Year Member
Feb 18, 2009...and still no package!

Geez, it's Feb 18, 2009...and still no package! Man, I gotta call Chuck again. I wonder what the story will be today? A package sent through USPS shouldn't take a whole week to get here should it?
It will probably be faster if I just go take a drive on over there and pick this stuff up in person.

Old 02-19-2009, 11:05 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by macbuddy
Geez, it's Feb 18, 2009...and still no package! Man, I gotta call Chuck again. I wonder what the story will be today? A package sent through USPS shouldn't take a whole week to get here should it?
It will probably be faster if I just go take a drive on over there and pick this stuff up in person.
Mike------------
That is a 7 1/2 hour drive EACH WAY and they won't have your parts when you get there- if they see you coming, the door will be locked. You have been scammed. After dozens of lies, the liars are now clearly identified. When they hung up on your phone calls, didn't that tell you anything?

Call the Monrovia District Attorney and file a mail fraud complaint.

Old 02-19-2009, 11:37 AM
5 Year Member
dude, seriously, those ppl need to be locked up bcoz of these little things...stupid ppl

Old 02-19-2009, 05:03 PM
5 Year Member
There is always small claims court if they keep giving you the run around.

Old 02-19-2009, 09:27 PM
Banned
macbuddy is a friend of mine, and I don't mean this unkindly, but when you act like a doormat, you can't blame people for wiping their feet on you. For all fitfreaks, DON'T TAKE SHIT FROM ANYBODY- FIGHT BACK!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-19-2009, 10:06 PM
5 Year Member
hear hear!!

Old 02-21-2009, 12:59 PM
5 Year Member
I can't believe that this is still going on. I would definitely pursue legal action. Small claims court is cheap and it will take a few months to go to trial, you just have to be willing to put in the time.

I also have trouble believing that Showstoppers has not been banned yet. We don't need grifters like them on here. I think they need a little bit of this treatment, both on FitFreak and in real life.

Name:  banned-1.gif
Views: 32
Size:  1.88 MB

Old 02-22-2009, 10:45 AM
5 Year Member
bump for all to know the truth!

Old 03-16-2009, 05:39 PM
5 Year Member
March 16, 2009

Today will be 4 months and 2 days since I purchased the set of "Used Megan Racing coilovers" from Chuck at ShowstoppersUSA. Today, UPS just dropped off the vital hardware that I need to finally begin installation of my "newly acquired" coilovers.
Hopefully, all four dampers are serviceable. I would be extremely disappointed if these units are not roadworthy. I got an install charge quote of $220. The alignment quote was $70. So, for $290, these dampers better work. If not, it will cost another $290 just to put everything back to what I have now. I'd hate to pay $580 for nothing, only to end up returning the $400 used coilovers back to ShowstoppersUSA. Best case scenario, I'll be $580 in the hole!
I'll post again later this month.
-macbuddy-

Last edited by macbuddy; 03-17-2009 at 04:23 AM. Reason: I erred in saying, "Best case scenario, I'll be $190 in the hole!"
Old 03-16-2009, 06:04 PM
5 Year Member
Why pay someone to install suspension on a Fit. Its the easiest car I have ever seen for suspension work.

Old 03-16-2009, 07:00 PM
5 Year Member
I'd be willing to help. I'm not a professional mechanic, but I can swing a wrench as well as anyone.

Old 03-16-2009, 07:01 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Padraic
I can't believe that this is still going on. I would definitely pursue legal action. Small claims court is cheap and it will take a few months to go to trial, you just have to be willing to put in the time.

I also have trouble believing that Showstoppers has not been banned yet. We don't need grifters like them on here. I think they need a little bit of this treatment, both on FitFreak and in real life.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!:r otfl:

Originally Posted by manxman
Mike-
Why don't you and I and ciburri (if he's available) just install this stuff in your driveway? You've had a hell of a lot of warning, by Showstoppers' behavior, (lie after lie after false promise and b.s.) to EXPECT the dampers to be garbage. Why pay a shop to do what we can do for free? And then take them off when they don't work and throw them in the trash and restore the stock parts.
i'm not sure where you guys are located but if you're in socal, i'm down to lend a hand. those damn douchestoppersusa

Old 03-16-2009, 07:14 PM
I dont usually stroll on to this board but it was put to my attention today that this was going on so I checked it out immediately... Here is my response if you care to read...

THE SALE WAS FOR A USED SET OF COILOVERS.. Nothing wrong with them, they came straight off my car. I included everything that came off my car in the coilover set. I do understand I was missing the top dial pieces which is used to adjust the settings of the 32 way adjustability. I did not notice they were missing but was notified by macbuddy. Other than that all parts were sent to Macbuddy that was on my car. It worked fine without any problems. Macbuddy did notify me of the parts that were missing. All were ordered through MEGAN that I could. Unfortunately these things are not always in stock. They are included in brand new sets but will not be seperated for orders of such. Total reordered parts were $120.00 for 4 total knobs, and 2 wrench keys. Subtracting that I made about $280.00 total off this suspension. Subtract that from the original $600.00 dollar sponsor price and I lost $420.00. I dont care, I had no use for them and thats why I was selling them. Understood it took long for the knobs to come in but its from China and I had to wait for them. In addition we had a shipping problem which I dont want to get in to as you think I will be blaming Macbuddy.. NEVERMIND...

All in all I sold Macbuddy a kit thats $1050.00 regular price for $400.00.

I added a $120.00 of parts and knick nacks for FREE and shipped them all for FREE.

Knowing that I would get bashed for doing all this, I wouldnt have done NONE OF THIS SHIT AT ALL.

So heres my solution...

DONT TOUCH IT, DONT DO A DAMN THING. SEND ME BACK MY COILOVERS AND I WILL CREDIT YOU YOUR $400.00 immediately. This is the THANKS I get for hooking you up? **** THAT SEND IT BACK. Next time you want every single screw, piece of tape and packing material pay the full price. There is no way Im getting accused of stealing, scamming or anything else on something I thought I was doing you a favor on.

AGAIN DO NOT INSTALL THESE. Send them back and Ill sell and install them on a local fit, hook someone else up who will say the words THANK YOU instead of all this. Because God knows the next thread from you might say, my car doesnt fly or I spun out when I took a turn at 160mph, suspension defective blah blah... I dont want to hear anymore...

Here is my address

Showstoppers USA
137 W Pomona Ave B
Monrovia, CA 91016
(626) 358-0050

Include all the wrenches, turn knobs and dust boots that I sent you. The minute I see them I will paypal you $400.00 direct to your account and we are DONE.

Chuck
Showstoppers USA

Old 03-16-2009, 07:18 PM
5 Year Member
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This should get interesting.

Old 03-16-2009, 07:58 PM
5 Year Member
Talking

Originally Posted by manxman
And Chuck, old buddy, GTF out!! You lied to macbuddy for FOUR MONTHS STRAIGHT, and hung up on macbuddy's calls. It was not you, but Rocky, who finally sent out the missing parts and tools. YOU HAVE NO CREDIBILITY HERE!!!
Manxman-
Your response is good, but I believe that this is a more fitting one.
Name:  Whoopsglassbottle.gif
Views: 38
Size:  164.2 KB

Quick Reply: FS: Used Megan Racing Suspension System