Notices
For Sale / Want To Buy / Classified Ads for USED Fit Items Buy and Sell your USED FIT stuff here. Vendors, please do not post here. Use the "Vendor Marketplace" forum instead. MUST HAVE 20 POSTS

FS: Used Megan Racing Suspension System

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2009, 04:51 PM
5 Year Member
i hate punks like that...sorry to jack the thread, when i had my 03 corolla during 04, one shop in cali promised to have a group buy of the jdm front/rear lip done within 2 months, that dude got 20 members of the site's money, nearly 300 bucks each, including shipping.(weird, awfully cheap for lip kits), then told all of us that it'll go out, months after months, it took totally a year to hear back from those ppl. then finally someone who lived nearby that shop paid a visit in person, the shop was nowhere to be found, but the number dialed thru, then somehow, someone called and found out that the shop was out of business, we have no where to find'em....

WHY DO PEOPLE HAVE TO DO THAT TO OTHER INNOCENT PEOPLE? gosh if i have the power to ban them, i'd ban them completely outta life....good luck macbuddy.

Old 01-31-2009, 11:20 PM
Banned
Notice that Rocky and Bullwinkle at Showstoppers have had absolutely nothing to say since the first or second post? Just like they did not answer any of the BBB complaints in the last year. BAN THE G-DAMNED CROOKS!!!!!

Old 02-01-2009, 12:09 AM
yea thats defently messed up to screw somone out of 400 and risk losing lots of money from other users becouse you dont do your job right, he probly just though mac would get them and say oh well it was 400$ only missing a few parts ill just buy them or somthing like that. i hope mac gets his shit man iv had people do this to me in the past and not to mention somone was just trying to do it to me with my 99 hatch heres my story lol sorry for those who dont wanna hear it but it dose involve somone trying to scamm (he still says hes not but i dont know).

well i posted my 99 hatch on craigslist with slight front end damage and post ill trade someone somthing if thay got somthing i like so i wait some dude emails me said he has a bagged 96 s10 brand new bags brand new 5link he says there about 3500 into this truck so im like yea let me see some pics of it so i get this pic in my email.
Name:  DSCF1463.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  69.0 KB

so im like dam this thing is nice im like yea dude il trade you then he says but it will not start it needs an ignition switch so im like ok hes like just sign titles over flat bed it to your house and ill give you 400$ to fix it and it will be all good so im just tell him that i would like it running first so then he email me back. and says ok dude ill tell you what ill give you more money and tell you whats wrong with it!! so i replay um i thought you told me already what was wrong he says its the ignition switch and the crank sensor its not fireing so im just like hmmm why dident he tell me this is the first place. ok so hes come and looks at my car and i got look at his and this is what it looks like.
Name:  truck6-1.jpg
Views: 55
Size:  53.6 KB

Name:  truck2-1.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  22.5 KB

Name:  truck1-1.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  19.1 KB

Name:  truck13-2.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  56.3 KB

Name:  truck11-1.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  33.8 KB

lol he said there was a little rust but jez lol and for a new bag set up there is a awfull lot of rust on that 5link lol and we get there and he showed me the crank sensor that needs replaced and he put his finger right on it! on the block so i just said well it would probly take 20min to do it and he said oh man im really busy so i said ill fix it or ill help him and he keeps like blowing me off and saying oh man i really need a daily driver i dont have a car and stuff!! the part would take 20min or less to change and if he needed a car that bad he woudl have changed the sensor to have a car but he says he super busy and he cant do it. lol what do you guys think SCAM?! trying to beat me for my car for a truck that has something major wrong with it? or the kid is really that busy? and like i said up top im really sorry for the off topic but i thought i would just say my problme and that there is alot of people out there that try and get the best of you when your even trying to help them out i mean i have a daily driver i just want a toy to play with. i just told him my car will sit there till his runs. OH and when we were there the tank wouldent even hold air to show me the bags worked !! there was a crack i the air water seperator and the air was just back feeding out of the tank. so i dont know i think there is more to the story then what hes telling me. and yes i know this is a huge run on lol but again sorry for the offtopic and mac i hope you get what you really payed for man i hate people that try and jew you when you do something nice for them and take somthing off there hands thay dont need.

Last edited by pwnstar; 02-01-2009 at 12:11 AM.
Old 02-03-2009, 04:55 AM
5 Year Member
Monday, Feb 2, 2009 12:03pm...

Hey ShowstoppersUSA, what's up? 2.5 months and your company still can't come up with the hardware you owe me? I made a list for you, and you agreed to get me the parts. I can't believe how irresponsible your company is. Today, the UPS driver hands me a package that doesn't even contain half the hardware that Chuck has been promising me? Chuck, WTF is a matter with you? Here is the list again:

A) 4 damper adjusting knobs (2 for front, 2 for rear)...you only sent me 2
B) 2 C wrenches (both sizes)...you only sent me 1 (the large one)...
C) 1 Hexagon wrench-okay, I'll give you credit, you got this one right...
D) 6 noise prevent cushions...you only sent me 2...
E) 4 dust covers...you only sent me 2, and those 2 don't even match each another!
F) 2 sleeves (for the front struts)...WFT...you forget to send these?
G) 4 nuts...did you even bother to try?

WTF! Come on Chuck! Are you going to tell me that Megan Racing Inc. isn't able to supply you guys with the right parts? If you can't get me the necessary hardware, just tell me and I'll return your garbage and get my $400 back!
-macbuddy-

PS-manxman was right, I ended up with Showstopper's garbage!

Old 02-03-2009, 11:28 AM
5 Year Member
aw damn, sorry to hear that dude. damn douchestoppersusa. You should try contacting megan directly. They're just in the city of industry. I may know some guys that can help you. I'll see if i can do something for you this week. =]

Old 02-04-2009, 01:20 AM
5 Year Member
ShowstoppersUSA hung up on me!

Originally Posted by AnlDyxp_GD3
aw damn, sorry to hear that dude. damn douchestoppersusa. You should try contacting megan directly. They're just in the city of industry. I may know some guys that can help you. I'll see if i can do something for you this week. =]
Hey AnlDyxp,
Thanks man, I could use some help here. I gave Chuck a call today, but he must have been preoccupied 'cuz before I could start a reasonable conversation with him, he "politely" hung up on me.
Yeah, I'll give Megan Racing Inc. a call, and see what my options are. The hardware that I still need is probably going to cost me more than I want to spend. Heck, at this point, I still don't even know if the coilovers themselves are serviceable. The shocks could already be "trashed" for all I know.

Thanks again,
-macbuddy-

Old 02-04-2009, 01:44 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by macbuddy
Hey AnlDyxp,
Thanks man, I could use some help here. I gave Chuck a call today, but he must have been preoccupied 'cuz before I could start a reasonable conversation with him, he "politely" hung up on me.
Yeah, I'll give Megan Racing Inc. a call, and see what my options are. The hardware that I still need is probably going to cost me more than I want to spend. Heck, at this point, I still don't even know if the coilovers themselves are serviceable. The shocks could already be "trashed" for all I know.

Thanks again,
-macbuddy-
Damn what a fagel. Yeah I'm sure the parts are obtainable. It may cost you, but i dont know how much. But I'll see if i can get someone to help. I let you know

Old 02-06-2009, 09:41 PM
Formerly "bitoy"
5 Year Member
bump this ish so the people may know.........

Old 02-06-2009, 11:15 PM
Take Two of Me & Don't Call in the Morning
5 Year Member
this should be stickied

Old 02-07-2009, 08:37 AM
5 Year Member
People need to know about this. Therefore....

Name:  514_Bump.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  63.7 KB

Old 02-07-2009, 12:09 PM
5 Year Member
2/06/09 2:24pm...

I spoke with Chuck yesterday. He said that his driver is picking up the parts that I needed from Megan Racing Inc. He said that he will send out the parts to me as soon as his driver gets back. It sounds like he is making an effort to honor this deal. I will post an update when my package arrives Monday or Tuesday of next week (or not).

FYI. I sent an e-mail to Megan Racing Inc. I asked about the hardware that I needed. They quoted me $85, not including tax, or shipping and handling.

Old 02-12-2009, 06:39 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by macbuddy
I spoke with Chuck yesterday. He said that his driver is picking up the parts that I needed from Megan Racing Inc. He said that he will send out the parts to me as soon as his driver gets back. It sounds like he is making an effort to honor this deal. I will post an update when my package arrives Monday or Tuesday of next week (or not).

FYI. I sent an e-mail to Megan Racing Inc. I asked about the hardware that I needed. They quoted me $85, not including tax, or shipping and handling.
Let's see, Chuck's driver was to pick up the parts on 2/5, and your vendor is located in Monrovia. That's 2 days shipping time via UPS. So you should have received your parts yesterday. Let me guess-------- no parts yet? Or, you got a box, but they didn't send the RIGHT parts??? It has to be either/or.

Old 02-12-2009, 07:29 PM
Administrator
5 Year Member
I am sure some of can get a meet together to roll up there. Monrovia isn't all that far TBH. I am not one to threaten, I just like to make things happen is all.

Old 02-12-2009, 07:44 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by gimme
I am sure some of can get a meet together to roll up there. Monrovia isn't all that far TBH. I am not one to threaten, I just like to make things happen is all.
I like the way you think. If you make the drive to Monrovia "to make things happen", you might want to bring some of your guns. No, not "to make things happen", but after you are through with your business, Fish Canyon Rifle Range in Monrovia is (or was when I used it many years ago) a really nice gun range. But, by this time it has probably been turned into condos or strip malls just like Ontario Raceway. "Sigh"

Last edited by manxman; 02-12-2009 at 09:13 PM.
Old 02-13-2009, 12:31 AM
Administrator
5 Year Member
i know what you are talking about, manx...my dad and i used to go there when I was a kid and my g-ma and g-pa lived up there (inthe 80's)

In all honesty, if I can help get this guy what is rightfully his, i'd be glad.

Old 02-13-2009, 03:18 AM
5 Year Member
...still waiting...

Originally Posted by manxman
Let's see, Chuck's driver was to pick up the parts on 2/5, and your vendor is located in Monrovia. That's 2 days shipping time via UPS. So you should have received your parts yesterday. Let me guess-------- no parts yet? Or, you got a box, but they didn't send the RIGHT parts??? It has to be either/or.
Hey manxman is back! Good to see you back in action!

Okay, here's the latest...

2/06/09
2:24pm-Chuck said he would send out the package as soon as his driver got back. That is, if his driver gets back before 4pm. That is when the UPS pick ups are made.

2/09/09
12:53pm-Called and asked for Chuck. Rocky said that Chuck left the office to go pick something up.

4:47pm-I call Showstoppers. I ask for Chuck, and they say, "let me get him for you, please hold." I wait for 10 minutes, no one answered so I decide to hang up, and call back.

4:57pm-I call back...someone picks up...I say hello?...someone hangs up...WTF?

4:58pm-I call right back...I ask for Chuck...they said that they will get him for me...I get put on hold...10 minutes later, they say."who are you holding for?" I said that I was waiting for Chuck. They say, "Oh, Chuck has already gone home for the day." Ugh! WTF!!!

2/10/09
1:30pm-I call, I ask for Chuck...they say, "who's this?" I say,"macbuddy." They say, "please hold." I wait for 10 minutes, then decide to just hang up.

1:41pm-I call and ask for Chuck. They say he is out, and won't be back until 2pm.

2:14pm-I finally get ahold of Chuck. He says he has everything except the dust boots. I said, "everything but the dust boots?" He said, "yeah, as soon as the boots get here, I'll send it all out." I told him to forget the dust boots, and just send me what you got. He said okay, I'll send it out later today.

2/11/09
2:41pm-I call to get the tracking number for the package, but I immediately get put on hold. I wait for 10 minutes then decide to call back.

2:52pm-I call right back. Before I can even ask for Chuck, they say, "please hold" and I wait for 10 minutes again before I decide to hang up. I figured they were too busy to talk, so I call back about an hour later.

4:11pm-I call and Chuck answers. I ask the status of the package. He said that he missed the UPS pick up yesterday, but the package is ready and waiting to go out with the UPS pick up today.

2/12/09
I didn't call today because I had too many other things to take care of. Anyway, if Chuck is straight with me, and UPS picked up the package on Wednesday, then I should see that package on lucky "Friday the 13th." What are my odds on getting it then?

Old 02-13-2009, 12:09 PM
Banned
Hey Mike,

Your story reminds me of the parable about the rattlesnake who asks the snapping turtle to carry him across the river. You have had 3 months of demonstrations of the true nature of "Chuck", and Showstoppers.

You are too nice for your own good, and these rattlesnakes are just going to keep on biting you.

Old 02-13-2009, 05:12 PM
5 Year Member
Maybe we should start sharing this on other forums. I am definitely considering putting this on my local forum, just to warn others of Showstopper's business practices.

Any thoughts on this?

Old 02-13-2009, 05:42 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Padraic
Maybe we should start sharing this on other forums. I am definitely considering putting this on my local forum, just to warn others of Showstopper's business practices.

Any thoughts on this?
You certainly have MY encouragement to do that. Why is it that the mods and admins have done nothing to stop these crooks from using the forums to commit mail fraud on the members?

I got banned for 10 days by TOOL simply because I refuse to read any of the garbage that he send me in PMs. But Showstoppers can lie in their forum ads and steal money from macbuddy with ZERO consequences?

Blitzusa got banned simply because he set up a group buy for a GREAT product in the wrong way, by mistake. I worked to get him reinstated, and many members are now using and enjoying their Blitz Throttle Controllers. Why are the real crooks, who hang up on macbuddy's calls, not banned?

Old 02-13-2009, 06:28 PM
f*ck scammers!

Quick Reply: FS: Used Megan Racing Suspension System