Racing A place to discuss upcoming and past Fit racing events.

JCrim's Road Racing Thread - Stay Tuned!

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2012, 02:19 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mike410b
JCrim, I assume you already have a set of these on order?

Products | Motion Control Suspension | Damper and Coilover Systems

Made by the guys who left Moton when AST bought them out.

holy crap! thanks for sharing. i was just going to order the J's Racing crux coilovers when that need comes but i might look into these. pretty awesome find. thanks again!

Old 01-17-2012, 03:23 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by JCrimson
holy crap! thanks for sharing. i was just going to order the J's Racing crux coilovers when that need comes but i might look into these. pretty awesome find. thanks again!
No problem JC.

You can't go wrong with J's, I loved their setup on my 91 Si, although the total cost of $300 for them may have biased me :thud:

Old 01-17-2012, 04:03 PM
5 Year Member
YumYum 89!

Old 01-17-2012, 04:05 PM
5 Year Member
No problem JC.

You can't go wrong with J's, I loved their setup on my 91 Si, although the total cost of $300 for them may have biased me :thud:
Damn... x21 for mine.

Old 01-17-2012, 04:14 PM
5 Year Member
:O

I got lucky.

I traded my set of TE37's for them.

I only paid $200 for the TE's hahaha

Old 01-17-2012, 04:34 PM
5 Year Member
Insanity!!! Awesome trade and please no more talking of super low prices, it makes me want to scream, "phuck you" to myself. Hahaha well somebody has to purchase brand new so others can eventually "score".

Old 01-17-2012, 04:44 PM
5 Year Member
Hahaha, deal!

Old 01-18-2012, 08:25 AM
haha It probably was me. I drove her quite a bit this weekend and even took her to work today lol. Butt dyno says 1000000WHP but you know its never completely right on.

Ill do one here shortly after the rain clears up.

9K rpms feel like going to the moon. it comes soooo fast and I am constantly shifting but damn. 9K!!!!

I raced my buddy in his TL. . . . 7 car lengths.. still pulling like a SOB then traffic came up so I had to stop lol.

PS: I HAVE to wire up my power steering soon. OMG MY ARMS ARE KILLING ME!!! its fine 30MPHs+ but damn parking lots and shit omg..
Yeah i went and test drove a FA Si over the weekend and its a MASSIVE leap from the fit! Cant wait to have one of my own to bring home and start tuning ^_^ From the mods i have lined up im looking at roughly 220-230WHP from the first set of mods+FP tune. Of course theres no point in trying to race you until i have the rubber to connect all that to the ground efficiently but i will still give it a golol

Old 01-18-2012, 08:51 AM
5 Year Member
^^ Put some cones in front of JCrim. That's his only known weakness at the moment.

Old 01-18-2012, 09:02 AM
5 Year Member
^ nice...

Old 01-18-2012, 09:35 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Hootie
^^ Put some cones in front of JCrim. That's his only known weakness at the moment.
hahahhahahaa you know me too well lol. f n cones

Old 01-18-2012, 11:45 AM
5 Year Member
JCrim, I assume you already have a set of these on order?

Products | Motion Control Suspension | Damper and Coilover Systems

Made by the guys who left Moton when AST bought them out.

lol I tried hahah

Old 01-18-2012, 11:56 AM
5 Year Member
Hahahaha, rad.

Old 01-18-2012, 06:41 PM
lol I tried hahah

Translation: "Our suspension products wont help you if you cant just get around a few cones as it is. We cannot afford to be seen sponsoring these types of drivers."

lol..jkjk ^_^

you should still get some. Moton had some freaking sweet suspension products.

Speaking of not turning well, my wife almost got a crash course in how to powerslide. Ended up she was trying to accelerate on the outside of a turn in a RWD car. Told her not to do it and then she was asking why it felt like the rear of the car was lifting...i facepalmed...lol

Old 01-18-2012, 07:30 PM
Hey J, do you know of a good tuning shop in the dallas area. I dont really trust many ppl in tyler to do it right and once i get my FA i will need a good FP tune or assistance with a FP tune and a few dyno runs.

Old 01-18-2012, 07:34 PM
5 Year Member
Hmmmm JCrim, you have trouble executing auto-x courses? You definitely don't want to go to gymkhana where you have to memorize the course as there are no outlines and no pointer cones. I have lost all faith in you...I kid I kid. :P

I do miss the gymkhana events down on Okinawa, it was cheap ($40 all day) and a hell of a time.

Good try on the sponsorship, doesn't hurt to ask. I wish J's would do something for me here, considering I have about bought the catalog for the GE. hahahaha

Old 01-19-2012, 09:58 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by dled1286
Hey J, do you know of a good tuning shop in the dallas area. I dont really trust many ppl in tyler to do it right and once i get my FA i will need a good FP tune or assistance with a FP tune and a few dyno runs.
yeah! Tony at T1, dood is world known and a close friend of my friends. He is without a doubt one of the best in america. http://www.t1racedevelopment.com/

Originally Posted by 555sexydrive
Hmmmm JCrim, you have trouble executing auto-x courses? You definitely don't want to go to gymkhana where you have to memorize the course as there are no outlines and no pointer cones. I have lost all faith in you...I kid I kid. :P

I do miss the gymkhana events down on Okinawa, it was cheap ($40 all day) and a hell of a time.

Good try on the sponsorship, doesn't hurt to ask. I wish J's would do something for me here, considering I have about bought the catalog for the GE. hahahaha
hahah 555, its not that I have a problem executing auto-x, I just execute the hell out of some cones haha. nah all joking aside, autox is my weakness. the whole left foot braking and not really going over 60 kills me. I'm, at best, average at auto x ... lol

also its kind of an inside joke to the texas crowd about me with cones, when we went shifter carting, I got stuck in a damn crater on the course that had me pined in line for 4 or 5 cones and I had to take out everyone of them head on cause I was stuck. lol

I do enjoy going to autoX, really anything that allows you to race your car I favor, I just do not accel at it haha.

AutoXers make good Road Racers.
Road Racers make HORRIBLE AutoXers...

I learned RR first..

Old 01-19-2012, 01:28 PM
HAHA!! I forgot about that karting incedent! lol

So I hit up a couple of shops in the Dallas area, one of which was T1, the other was JoTech in Garland. Apparently the guys at JoTech don't listen very well or have no idea how to PROPERLY tune a car. Telling me I will see a gain from the Rick Spec'd CAI of like 9whp tops AFTER a dyno tune...I promptly set them straight that there are dyno proven results that it will pull around 18+whp after a good tune and proper supporting mods. That email response they sent me tho made my mind up that I will be going to T1, even tho they are quite a bit more expensive, they know what the heck they are doing which is most important.

Old 01-19-2012, 02:03 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by dled1286
HAHA!! I forgot about that karting incedent! lol

So I hit up a couple of shops in the Dallas area, one of which was T1, the other was JoTech in Garland. Apparently the guys at JoTech don't listen very well or have no idea how to PROPERLY tune a car. Telling me I will see a gain from the Rick Spec'd CAI of like 9whp tops AFTER a dyno tune...I promptly set them straight that there are dyno proven results that it will pull around 18+whp after a good tune and proper supporting mods. That email response they sent me tho made my mind up that I will be going to T1, even tho they are quite a bit more expensive, they know what the heck they are doing which is most important.
not sh!t talking or anything but I would never go to Joetech. Was told to steer clear a good long time ago.

Old 01-19-2012, 09:17 PM
5 Year Member
AutoXers make good Road Racers.
Road Racers make HORRIBLE AutoXers...
You probably haven't seen me, cuz i lurk like a mofo...
But i'm an autocrosser, and not a bad one (not to toot my own horn or anything ). And this isn't the first time i've heard that saying. I first heard it from Robert Fuller from Robispec suspension. He stated that autox is too "technical" for some road racers, and that autoxers adapt well to road courses so long as they have the courage for the higher speeds. I might have an issue in the courage department but that remains to be seen

Anywho, i've thoroughly enjoyed your thread and your input to the society. The main reason i lurk is because most of my input is performance related (alot based on trial/error since GEs are rarely tracked/autoxed) and functional.

You've inspired me to make a progress/build thread, coming up in the near future, including all my current mods and the ones that didn't work so others can save their money and spend it on the mods that HAVE worked

So thanks, Jcrim, for supporting the growth of functional performance Fits

sincerely,
Adam

Last edited by The BOM; 01-19-2012 at 09:20 PM.

Quick Reply: JCrim's Road Racing Thread - Stay Tuned!