Racing A place to discuss upcoming and past Fit racing events.

JCrim's Road Racing Thread - Stay Tuned!

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2012, 07:35 PM
5 Year Member
To somewhat quote the late, great Soichiro, "99% failure brings 1% success." At least you have and are still doing what you set out to do. The one shop here in Japan that has done a K swap into a GE, GarageFK up in Saitama, when I went up to visit them, I asked about how much would it cost without any parts provided and just the Fit...¥3~5,000,000!!! Convert that into $uck right now and it is $40~67k. My wallet can't really afford that nor would I want to. I told him as fun as it would be, I would pick up a used NA1 (NS-X) and cam and ITB it.

Old 01-09-2012, 08:33 PM
Super Moderator
whole F#$% $40K+ to do a kswap?! now that is insane.

Old 01-09-2012, 11:42 PM
Originally Posted by JCrimson
haha thanks for the support guys!

Speaking of track. I'm already scheduled to go this march haha. all of us road race junkies are going so this turn out will be huge. going to MotorSport Ranch, Cresson TX.

Update on the car:

well, all I can say is Tensioner! grrr

I picked up my car and 2 million dollar exhaust system Friday. Trailered her home. Drove her off the trailer and the exhaust sounds great, just not the timing. so took her apart to time. Found that the tensioner is garbage and has failed. Both cams were mechanically in time, but not in correspondence with the crank. the crank was 90° off to the left. I ordered a ton of new bolts to go inside the valve cover because one broke.. and I got a replacement brand new oem tensioner coming in tomorrow. so I'm back in the waiting game for these few parts and hopefully she will be ready by this weekend... again..

I first started off building this car with that frame of mind, "Building a car." Everyday I find that I'm building more into myself.

This car reflects who I am and what I am capable of doing. All my life I have been a "Mover." I have met many many "Dreamers" in my life that always talk about things they will do. But that's all they do is talk. I have noticed that when I will something, I become a charged magnet, and my goals are drawn towards me. Yes, I do make foolish mistakes and sometimes even disregard responsibility when I really want something to come together. When this happens, I now accept it as a chance to practice patients. And when the goal is complete, oh how sweet it will taste.
Glad to see your dream materializing! I'm roughly looking at a march/April pick up on an FA Si. I've made a few revisions to my mod list that will bring better and more consistent numbers, one of which, Full-Race 3" exhaust lol!

as far as your tensioner...why u no get hybrid? lol. but from what I've heard is that the OEM tensioners are notorious for going out.

and I completely get the willing things to be. When I set my mind to something, it may not be overnight, but if ive made up my
mind, it will be. My 350Z and Fit are proof of that.

Old 01-10-2012, 09:56 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by MNfit
What tensioner was on there that failed? Still waiting for that video of this monster
It was an OEM tensioner. The guy I bought this motor from super charged it with an oem tensioner.. bad idea. OEM is fine for stock motor. He either jumped it or I did when I did my first start up. the motor sat dry in my garage for like half a year... and the tensioner is oil operated.. so .. haha did it to myself probably.

Originally Posted by 555sexydrive
To somewhat quote the late, great Soichiro, "99% failure brings 1% success." At least you have and are still doing what you set out to do. The one shop here in Japan that has done a K swap into a GE, GarageFK up in Saitama, when I went up to visit them, I asked about how much would it cost without any parts provided and just the Fit...¥3~5,000,000!!! Convert that into $uck right now and it is $40~67k. My wallet can't really afford that nor would I want to. I told him as fun as it would be, I would pick up a used NA1 (NS-X) and cam and ITB it.
without a doubt! NSX will be my next project if I ever move on. really cant see that any time soon though haha.

Originally Posted by dled1286
Glad to see your dream materializing! I'm roughly looking at a march/April pick up on an FA Si. I've made a few revisions to my mod list that will bring better and more consistent numbers, one of which, Full-Race 3" exhaust lol!

as far as your tensioner...why u no get hybrid? lol. but from what I've heard is that the OEM tensioners are notorious for going out.

and I completely get the willing things to be. When I set my mind to something, it may not be overnight, but if ive made up my
mind, it will be. My 350Z and Fit are proof of that.
full race is nice man! for sure

I didnt get an HR tensioner because they were out of stock and no real eta.. OEM should be fine. I got one really cheap too so I aint even mad doe. lol I also got brand new EVERY head bolt and stud and nut. haha

THIS B!TCH WILL RUN AS SOON AS PARTS GET HERE!!!!!!! GRRRR

SHIP FASTER MAJESTIC HONDA!

Old 01-10-2012, 10:36 AM
Retired Moderator
5 Year Member
cant wait to hear some exhaust clips!

Old 01-10-2012, 12:54 PM
U gotta lemme know when you get everything together. A nice ride behind a K will put a fire under me to maybe move that pick up up a bit!

Old 01-12-2012, 04:54 PM
5 Year Member
Installing all the goodies tomorrow and she will be running tomorrow night. wish me luck.

Old 01-12-2012, 05:13 PM
5 Year Member
No luck needed really, as Nike used to say...JUST DO IT

Old 01-15-2012, 01:18 AM
5 Year Member
Hey. What are y'all doing Sunday?

Old 01-15-2012, 02:05 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Btrthnezr3
Hey. What are y'all doing Sunday?
If something is happening in Tyler are you going to go up there?? I need to crawl under my car for a little while tomorrow an will need to take it out for a spin... I need to adjust the height of the suspension and fiddle with the O2 sensor before I take it off of the jack stands... The dash is needing to be put back together.... Ya'll holler at me if anyone gets together.

Old 01-15-2012, 05:06 PM
5 Year Member
I just wanted to let everyone know that my car is successfully running. AND OOOOH MYYYY FAWWWKING GOD, MY VTEC GOES BBBBBBBBBBBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-15-2012, 05:39 PM
5 Year Member
What rpm is VTEC set at? On my Teggy, with Toda mani my window was 3900 and 5700.

Old 01-15-2012, 06:26 PM
5 Year Member
3800 rpm
10 char

Old 01-15-2012, 06:37 PM
5 Year Member
Nice. 6789!

Old 01-15-2012, 11:08 PM
Awesome man, i'm so damn jealous.

Old 01-16-2012, 08:14 AM
Originally Posted by JCrimson
I just wanted to let everyone know that my car is successfully running. AND OOOOH MYYYY FAWWWKING GOD, MY VTEC GOES BBBBBBBBBBBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had to go to the brookshires on Broadway and rice and i SWEAR i heard a VERY loud K in the distance.

But i def have to see it...the thought makes me giddy inside.

Old 01-16-2012, 04:12 PM
BTW, have you had a chance to get it dyno'd on anything other than the butt dyno?

Old 01-16-2012, 06:51 PM
Super Moderator
Awesome! Meow get videos up

Old 01-17-2012, 10:24 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by dled1286
BTW, have you had a chance to get it dyno'd on anything other than the butt dyno?
haha It probably was me. I drove her quite a bit this weekend and even took her to work today lol. Butt dyno says 1000000WHP but you know its never completely right on.

Originally Posted by MNfit
Awesome! Meow get videos up
Ill do one here shortly after the rain clears up.

9K rpms feel like going to the moon. it comes soooo fast and I am constantly shifting but damn. 9K!!!!

I raced my buddy in his TL. . . . 7 car lengths.. still pulling like a SOB then traffic came up so I had to stop lol.

PS: I HAVE to wire up my power steering soon. OMG MY ARMS ARE KILLING ME!!! its fine 30MPHs+ but damn parking lots and shit omg..

Old 01-17-2012, 01:18 PM
5 Year Member
JCrim, I assume you already have a set of these on order?

Products | Motion Control Suspension | Damper and Coilover Systems

Made by the guys who left Moton when AST bought them out.

Quick Reply: JCrim's Road Racing Thread - Stay Tuned!