Racing A place to discuss upcoming and past Fit racing events.

JCrim's Road Racing Thread - Stay Tuned!

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2011, 09:36 PM
spoon fed
5 Year Member
jpax complained that the collector size seemed to bottle neck his exhaust setup.

Its a one of a kind header.

Old 12-03-2011, 02:44 PM
Originally Posted by kylerwho
jpax complained that the collector size seemed to bottle neck his exhaust setup.

Its a one of a kind header.
In truth I'm not overly worried about the performance gains with my fit. I've only got an axle back on it and I'm hoping to be getting an 8th gen si sedan in the spring. but j said it best that anything has to be better than the factory header. in the end I'm helpin j out all bit too so its all good

Old 12-03-2011, 03:18 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by dled1286
In truth I'm not overly worried about the performance gains with my fit. I've only got an axle back on it and I'm hoping to be getting an 8th gen si sedan in the spring. but j said it best that anything has to be better than the factory header. in the end I'm helpin j out all bit too so its all good
I think Kyler's talking about JCrim's new header for the K.

Old 12-03-2011, 05:45 PM
5 Year Member
nothing new to say here... just still enjoying this thread...

Old 12-03-2011, 09:05 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by dled1286
BTW...thx for the header J, cant wait to get it on^_^
No problem

When I get some free time I'll install for u if needed.

Old 12-04-2011, 12:40 AM
spoon fed
5 Year Member
yeah I was talking about the hasport/jackson racing header. Jpax was also running a supercharger so the cfm being pushed through the exhaust might have made a bottleneck in power at the top end. So running N/A will probably be just optimal. His car stayed N/A while hasport showed it and ran all the testing for the mounts and while hondata did dual ecu harness testing.

Old 12-04-2011, 12:02 PM
Originally Posted by mike410b
I think Kyler's talking about JCrim's new header for the K.
doh! and on the installation note, I'll prolly hit ya up in soon. mainly the lift would be what I'm lacking lol. I wanna have a look at my valve lash too...lots of ticking under the hood lately and I wanna check it before it gets too bad

Old 12-12-2011, 10:00 AM
5 Year Member
hey guys just wanted to tell you my progress. got a SH!T ton done this weekend.

UPDATE 12DEC2011

okay, the header is on, i have all of my parts to make my custom 3" exhaust. (this will be done after I first start the car.) nothing wrong with temperary open header haha.

All fluids are filled minus the radiator fluid (waiting on my forged racing radiator to come in.)

Mobil 1 synthetic 5w30
GM syncromech friction modified tranny fluid
ATE super blue brake fluid
ATE super blue clutch fluid

Everything is done except installing the radiator and KPro should be in this week sometime.
I also got a 3" cold air intake from Hybrid Racing! this thing fits PERFECTLY!!!! except the "stay" bracket. I didnt have to cut anything, just had to make a bracket out of metal. got it cheap local hardware store. but the intake fits GREAT! good news for kswap fits.

I install my IQ3 racepak over the weekend also. Heres a pic! Stay tuned!

Last edited by JCrimson; 12-12-2011 at 10:02 AM.
Old 12-12-2011, 10:43 AM
5 Year Member
That interior is the tits man! and I love that intake, something about an all silicone intake just really gets me going haha!

Old 12-12-2011, 11:44 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Java^FiT
That interior is the tits man! and I love that intake, something about an all silicone intake just really gets me going haha!
hahah thanks Java! Ill get more pics when everything is running!

just found out that my radiator and kpro come in this weds! WOOOOT!! taking that day off of work haha.

Old 12-12-2011, 10:09 PM
5 Year Member
racepak = srs racer

Old 12-14-2011, 10:42 AM
Super Moderator
could you post up some pics of the intake installed?

Old 12-14-2011, 10:47 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by MNfit
could you post up some pics of the intake installed?

no problem. I will tonight while im installing my radiator. i wired up my fans last night and loomed them and all. looks oem O.O

Old 12-14-2011, 10:48 AM
5 Year Member
I was wanting to wire my 2 fans together to act as 1. normally 1 is ac, but I want them both to act together sense I no longer have ac. any words of wisdom? helps?

Old 12-14-2011, 11:24 AM
Super Moderator
sorry no advce on wiring, im only running one fan. Wouldn't it be as simple as taking the power from on fan and wiring it into the other one, or is there more to it?

Old 12-14-2011, 11:54 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by MNfit
sorry no advce on wiring, im only running one fan. Wouldn't it be as simple as taking the power from on fan and wiring it into the other one, or is there more to it?

well, my thinking is if I put 2 fans on 1 oem plug (fuse is also up there) wouldnt it pull more load?? Im scared to put a bigger fuse.. do nawt want melt down.. all this work and fan kills k20a race fit... fail lol

what i did though was just replace both of my oem fans and wired it to the stock wiring (just reversed polarity and fan direction so it pushes). I dont think the AC fan will come on though.. maybe if I press the AC button in my cab it will act as a switch? this is my best hope.. lol I just wanted 2 to keep it HELLA cool here in tx.

I will also be running water wetter... and oem honda fluid, and mugen thermostat. lol worried about heat much?

Old 12-14-2011, 11:59 AM
5 Year Member
also, are you k swap bros running a coolant switch? there are like 3 components, the coolant thermo sensor and then the one that is in the head (ECT - Engine Coolant Temp), then the fan switch. I have them all but I heard you can just skip all the wiring on the fan switch and have kpro kick on fans based off of the thermo sensor.. >_< HALPS!

Old 12-14-2011, 06:33 PM
5 Year Member
Yes K-Pro can control when your fans turn on/off based on thermo reading. About the fans, why not just get one aftermarket fan that pushes or pulls more air than the stocker(s) can? Actually maybe that is exactly what you did, reading your 2nd to last post. On my Teggy I was running a CR radiator with a FAL fan.

Old 12-14-2011, 09:10 PM
5 Year Member
This suggestion may sound strange but I'll risk being flamed and offer it anyway... Red Line Super Coolant Water Wetter...... I use it with anti freeze and have only seen coolant temperatures over 200F after being on boost at WOT 3 straight times in 2nd through the top of 5th and coming to a stop and idling at a long signal light... The ambient temperature was 109 degrees that day.. The AIT reached a higher temperature than the coolant.

Old 12-15-2011, 09:32 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 555sexydrive
Yes K-Pro can control when your fans turn on/off based on thermo reading. About the fans, why not just get one aftermarket fan that pushes or pulls more air than the stocker(s) can? Actually maybe that is exactly what you did, reading your 2nd to last post. On my Teggy I was running a CR radiator with a FAL fan.
hey 555! my boy! haha

yeah i spoke with hybrid racing and hondata yesterday and chasebays. I got it all figured out. Right now I have 2 push fans @ 1300 CFMs each! haha on a forged racing full size radiator. Tried to test fit it last night. I got it in but the left side his the alternator. Tonight I will move the oem radiator bottom mounting feet 1" toward the front and this WILL clear it. All is well! im excited. On a bad note, I chopped the shit out of my oem hoses and my 35 dollar 94 gsr hose to try to make them fit. I should have measured 4 times then cut once.. fail. lol cut them BOTH too short. mother F.

Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
This suggestion may sound strange but I'll risk being flamed and offer it anyway... Red Line Super Coolant Water Wetter...... I use it with anti freeze and have only seen coolant temperatures over 200F after being on boost at WOT 3 straight times in 2nd through the top of 5th and coming to a stop and idling at a long signal light... The ambient temperature was 109 degrees that day.. The AIT reached a higher temperature than the coolant.
TC! Im already ahead of you and have water wetter! sh!t is LEGIT. ive used it before in my crx and most race k20a cars use it also. great stuff!

UPDATE:

heres a pic of my radiator, fans, and hondata. I did all the wiring and looming myself with really nice chinese finger trap loom and shrink wrap and solder.

Quick Reply: JCrim's Road Racing Thread - Stay Tuned!