Racing A place to discuss upcoming and past Fit racing events.

JCrim's Road Racing Thread - Stay Tuned!

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2011, 12:07 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Java^FiT
Hey man i got the wheels mounted today and they look awesome. I am currently having some issues with my tpms sensors giving me a light on my dash, Im hoping its not because they are incompatible with these wheels but more an issue of me just needing a service kit for them...

i dont recall if your fit is an 07 or 08 but if you had sensors swapped into these, did you encounter problems?
yeah you need the tpms rebuild kits for each sensor.

personally, i dont use them anymore because race car, i just deleted the light. lol

PICS!!!

Old 09-25-2011, 02:32 PM
Originally Posted by JCrimson

personally, i dont use them anymore because race car, i just deleted the light. lol
JDM FIXED!!

Btw j, thx for yesterday...cant believe the difference it made!!! and my a/c is fully functional!!! woot! lol

Old 09-25-2011, 05:31 PM
5 Year Member
yeah you need the tpms rebuild kits for each sensor.

PICS!!!
oh good, that makes me feel a little better that the sensors should work with these wheels. Ill have to order the rebuild kits and take it back to the place for them to fix what they should have done in the first place. ill post up some pics when i clean everything up.

Old 09-25-2011, 05:53 PM
5 Year Member
oh good, that makes me feel a little better that the sensors should work with these wheels. Ill have to order the rebuild kits and take it back to the place for them to fix what they should have done in the first place. ill post up some pics when i clean everything up.
If your TPMS system was working fine before swapping the sensors to the new wheels then it may be an installation issue. I've witnessed first hand during the transfer and installation of GE8 TPMS sensors from the OEM Sports to an aftermarket Drag wheel. No rebuild kit was needed, just make sure to not damage the sensor during bead breaking, transferring/mounting the sensor (gotta torque it to 15 inch lbs if I remember right) and tire removal/mounting.

Hopefully the shop that did your service didn't damage a sensor, the OEMs are 55 dollars a pop plus S&H and TPMS resetting fee if any.

Old 09-27-2011, 08:58 AM
Originally Posted by Hootie
If your TPMS system was working fine before swapping the sensors to the new wheels then it may be an installation issue. I've witnessed first hand during the transfer and installation of GE8 TPMS sensors from the OEM Sports to an aftermarket Drag wheel. No rebuild kit was needed, just make sure to not damage the sensor during bead breaking, transferring/mounting the sensor (gotta torque it to 15 inch lbs if I remember right) and tire removal/mounting.

Hopefully the shop that did your service didn't damage a sensor, the OEMs are 55 dollars a pop plus S&H and TPMS resetting fee if any.
meh...why bother...TPMS is just a crutch for people who dont know or dont want to take time to check the tire pressure themselves every week. fill those 6ul's with nitrogen (has spot for 2 valve stems....USE IT) and call it good. refill as needed and JDM FIX THAT MUTHA!!!

Old 09-27-2011, 07:29 PM
5 Year Member
NO2 use will not see a need to add air frequently if at all. When I used it, for 1 year (new tires) my pressure remained constant. I have yet to fill the current wheels with NO2 though.

Old 09-27-2011, 08:01 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by dled1286
meh...why bother...TPMS is just a crutch for people who dont know or dont want to take time to check the tire pressure themselves every week. fill those 6ul's with nitrogen (has spot for 2 valve stems....USE IT) and call it good. refill as needed and JDM FIX THAT MUTHA!!!
I agree, TPMS is just a lazy substitute for proper vehicle maintenance/safety checks. Just another system that babysits bad/oblivious drivers and is an inconvenience to good/cautious drivers.

Old 09-27-2011, 11:00 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Hootie
I agree, TPMS is just a lazy substitute for proper vehicle maintenance/safety checks. Just another system that babysits bad/oblivious drivers and is an inconvenience to good/cautious drivers.
haha i totally agree with this 100%, i check my pressures manually all the time any and wish this wasn't even included with newer cars but i feel like since it is i just want it to work and would rather not rip apart my cluster to put tape on it just yet... that's all haha

Old 09-28-2011, 12:26 AM
haha i totally agree with this 100%, i check my pressures manually all the time any and wish this wasn't even included with newer cars but i feel like since it is i just want it to work and would rather not rip apart my cluster to put tape on it just yet... that's all haha
lol! I understand that. in anycase i (and many others) would suggest fillin with NO2 just because it is more stable and will do better across a wider range of temps.

Old 09-29-2011, 12:30 AM
5 Year Member
fitflowjoe, I like your setup! Ive been wanting to run a reverse staggered setup. I love my HP+ pads too, great daily pad. If you can, try some track only pads. I run hawk blues are I love them even more than the HP+ on the track. Though they do stain wheels/paint...

Old 09-29-2011, 10:11 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Special
fitflowjoe, I like your setup! Ive been wanting to run a reverse staggered setup. I love my HP+ pads too, great daily pad. If you can, try some track only pads. I run hawk blues are I love them even more than the HP+ on the track. Though they do stain wheels/paint...
I will be moving up to the carbotech HT10 or 11 when the k series is in. you can get away with using hp+ with a light weight car but with the extra power, i bet i will kill them.

I will also do a complete BBK from a type R on my fit.

Old 09-29-2011, 03:32 PM
5 Year Member
im planning on going to carbotechs as well, though my hawk blues have soo much life left

Old 09-29-2011, 07:12 PM
5 Year Member
I will be moving up to the carbotech HT10 or 11 when the k series is in. you can get away with using hp+ with a light weight car but with the extra power, i bet i will kill them.

I will also do a complete BBK from a type R on my fit.
Me too !!! There might be some rule changes in SCCA ST Class next year... and BBK are allowed now (And 88-89 Civic are out !! THANK G O D )

So once the new rulebook is out and rule is official... upgrade time

Also looking at doing this:
Brake Kits - Performance Pads, Rotors, Calipers & Brake Upgrades
OR... looking for the JDM rear disc conversion with a local hook up... but then buying replacement pads and rotors is gonna be a _itch.

Old 09-29-2011, 08:15 PM
5 Year Member
oOoOo i like your headliner! =D i might do the same if you dont mind me =P

Old 09-29-2011, 10:28 PM
5 Year Member
Actually my rear pads are the same rear pads on older Civics and Integras.

Old 09-30-2011, 05:36 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FitFlowjoe
Me too !!! There might be some rule changes in SCCA ST Class next year... and BBK are allowed now (And 88-89 Civic are out !! THANK G O D )

So once the new rulebook is out and rule is official... upgrade time

Also looking at doing this:
Brake Kits - Performance Pads, Rotors, Calipers & Brake Upgrades
OR... looking for the JDM rear disc conversion with a local hook up... but then buying replacement pads and rotors is gonna be a _itch.
jdm rear disc? they have?

those fast brakes are what I plan on going with front and rear. should be more than enough.

Originally Posted by Im|Inside|Fit
oOoOo i like your headliner! =D i might do the same if you dont mind me =P
??? huh?

Originally Posted by 555sexydrive
Actually my rear pads are the same rear pads on older Civics and Integras.
you have oem rear disc??

Old 09-30-2011, 09:38 PM
5 Year Member
J, I found this and had to share... Ohlin makes a coilover kit for our car !!!
tBbg@TXyV/ll@gnmc`@i`o`m

Now i have no idea what that website says...

Old 09-30-2011, 09:43 PM
5 Year Member
Old 09-30-2011, 09:48 PM
5 Year Member
Hey JC, I am sure this has been asked but, I can't find it.

What class do you race in? (Assuming you do sanctions.)

Old 09-30-2011, 11:57 PM
5 Year Member
JCrim, have you weighed your car since you gutted/caged it?

Quick Reply: JCrim's Road Racing Thread - Stay Tuned!