Racing A place to discuss upcoming and past Fit racing events.

Ready, Willing, and Mostly Winning Stable

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2021, 07:04 AM
Ready, Willing, and Mostly Winning Stable

Well now. This lil section sure is a treat to have on a specific style forum.
I like treats. Smooth street, bucket seat, and all 4 corners fit-ted with huge sticky meats.
Im a race guy. Doesn’t matter what. Toys. Cars. Fun. Friendly and sometimes frenemie racing. Heads up. Qualifying. Fast heats. Slow heats. Trophy dashes to trophy trucks w gps and hailin asses.
ive worked on em, or for Em, or worked hard for some of Em to be my own.
But I’ve been blessed to be around a lot of really nice pieces of machinery over the years. I thought this might be a nice thread to help archive the Stable that I currently keep up with and some of the projects and tinker toys we fwb up here in the. Ghettophab Wastelab.
I’m not even sure which order to post Em up because each and every one is pretty Fuggin cool in my mind.
Maybe a bit partial. But. Hey. This one is a top contender on my list of faves as well as on the track since day one. In 1984!!
little known facts about a man named Jack.
Not only is he now one of the elite performance manufacturers for Ford, but when he began he was slated to try and make the Mercury name and brand just as prevalent on the track as the blue oval horse.
He built 11 chassis that year for GT1 class in the trans am series which was at the time a hugely competitive one.
9 of the 11 cars were sent to Ford factory teams and Mercury badged. The Capri. Was the moms version of the mustang and needed some street(racing) cred.
2 others went to privateers that could afford them via sponsors or bank roll.
We came across chassis #007 in 2004. In a basket more or less. De commissioned after a wreck that took out the passenger side door bars and rear c post.
We race a few cars in the scca and this was a great fit for us to run vintage gt cars and some current events even. A few phone calls and parts orders later we had the period correct components and had it ready.
we race it every chance we get (5-6 times a season). With full tear down and race prep for the next.
I say we. Cuz BossMan races it. I prep it 🙌🏻
It’s won everything it’s entered even if it takes us a second try a following year.
This past Long Beach Gran Prix we took a podium spot on our first outing. 🙌🏻
so. Lemme show the hardware. The hard work. And the hard as bars car known as #oo7

nascar period correct Ford racing engine rebuilt every 500 miles.
Weismann gearbox fully selectable quick change gear stack.
9 in Ford/strange rear end.
4 link rear.
coil over car.
Long Beachhhh we in the hOuse!

Oooh the quiet before

Racing. So easy a Lil girl can do it

Gutted.

My daughter will never ask ya for help on changing her tire

Anything you can do dad. I can too

Anything!

When ya know ya gonna whoop ass in about 5 mins

When ya didn’t. But. Held on to it for a Lil cuppy cup

BossMan. Some shitbag named dOwntOwn. And a sponsor rep for Tamiya

Big light board thing w names n numbers.

Me n maxiP.

Other boss gUy RobbieG

This Fuggin gUy again

Pff. I might have to haul but I got my lap in too! Stuck it low and made the pass before yeh the straight. 🙌🏻

Old 08-15-2022, 11:12 PM
Fittin in at Laguna Seca 2022 Historics Reunion

Where does my Fit, fit into my racing life ?

Every where it can. I hauled up a 10 person tent and all the amenities for my doggo and I to spend 2 weeks trackside while I’m out here for car week and the Rolex reunion/pre Historics races.
I got the best premier call site to view just about the entire track. Sitting directly at the corkscrew 🤘🏼😎

Chillin Trackside at Laguna