PRM Racing
PRM was founded in 1996 by Gerry Sica inventor of the patented in-line filter co-named Jet Stream Intake System. The award winning filter design received high acclaim at the 97 SEMA show and was featured in many performance magazines. Our in-line filters accomplish 3 fundamental duties in the performance arena.

* Cleans incoming air with free flowing washable cotton gauze media
* Draws ambient air safely with no worry about rain
* Straightens out air flow = more torque & hp.

PRM's 09 kit group buy

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2008, 09:30 AM
PRM
soon

having a hard time finding a auto in the toronto area, still looking!!

the kits should be ready in about 2 weeks.

i'll keep you guy's posted.

Old 12-02-2008, 11:40 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by PRM
having a hard time finding a auto in the toronto area, still looking!!

the kits should be ready in about 2 weeks.

i'll keep you guy's posted.
Your intake will fit MY AT- please do not delay shipment of my order. Thanks. If there are any special methods needed for proper fit, I will let you know, because I will design and make whatever is necessary. I doubt that anything at all will be necessary.

Last edited by manxman; 12-02-2008 at 08:57 PM.
Old 12-02-2008, 07:53 PM
yeah, when will we have the stuff shipped out, i hope b4 xmas.. so dat way its an early xmas present .. can't wait

Old 12-03-2008, 01:53 AM
Hey Gerry how's the weather up there??
hope I can come get pick up the intake when it's ready haha

Old 12-08-2008, 04:32 PM
5 Year Member
Hello,
Any pics? AND what is the tubing made out of?
Thanks

Old 12-12-2008, 09:36 PM
Hey Gerry,

Since I purchase the prm intake on Nov 21, how many days will it take to arrive at my door... and how is it coming along?

Old 12-13-2008, 10:20 PM
PRM
up date

Sorry for the long wait,i'm trying my BEST to get these kits out to you.
Because of the time of year with 2 major trade shows & thanksgiving.
the lead time turned into 5 to 6 weeks for this new kit- its a waiting game.
We also developed a new filter element for this kit- everything takes time.
it will be worth the wait believe me!!

looks like i will have the kits ready to ship by Christmas- litterally.
not sure if i can get them out by the Dec 23 or 24 if not the 29th.

thanks for your patients!!

Gerry

Old 12-17-2008, 01:50 AM
I hope soo..cuz dat way i can consider this as early xmas gift...

Old 12-21-2008, 06:07 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Honda6uy
I hope soo..cuz dat way i can consider this as early xmas gift...
What he is telling you is that you won't have it by Christmas.

Old 12-27-2008, 10:00 PM
How long does it take to get our CAI after you shipped it out? Gerry?

Old 12-30-2008, 07:03 PM
PRM
up-date

Kits will be ready to ship next week, i'm thinking tuesday.
just waiting on some new filter elements, should be here by tomorrow.

kits are shipped out via u.p.s takes 5 to 6 days.

I'm having no luck finding a local A/T for fitment, Manxman is willing to
recieve his kit before i can comfirm that fitment is O.K. on an A/T.
so with that said, all A/T orders will have to wait untill I or Manxman
check for fitment. I'm working on it !!!

Gerry

Last edited by PRM; 12-30-2008 at 07:05 PM.
Old 12-30-2008, 07:53 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by PRM
Kits will be ready to ship next week, i'm thinking tuesday.
just waiting on some new filter elements, should be here by tomorrow.

kits are shipped out via u.p.s takes 5 to 6 days.

I'm having no luck finding a local A/T for fitment, Manxman is willing to
recieve his kit before i can comfirm that fitment is O.K. on an A/T.
so with that said, all A/T orders will have to wait untill I or Manxman
check for fitment. I'm working on it !!!

Gerry
If I have to make an aluminum bracket to fasten the filter end to an available existing bolt, or threaded hole, I will let you know how I did it. My '09 Fit Service Manual will arrive on 1/6, and I will investigate the possibility/safety of cutting a large port in the fender liner for access to cold air at the filter of the PRM intake system..

I am sure that porting the fender liner is not necessary, but if it won't hurt anything, why not do it? Not doing the port won't hurt performance, since your dyno results were achieved with a stock Fit. But I want all the cold air I can get.

Thanks for the good news, Gerry. Happy New Year!!!! I will bet that sales will be good for the new Fit models. Any after-market intake that corkscrews the filter back against the firewall is guaranteed to generate turbulence.

Look up "vortex whistle" on Wikipedia. Your elongated tube system will straighten air flow and reduce flow resistance from turbulence, just as you have designed them for all of your systems.

Unfortunately, the stock cold air delivery is at the firewall (short sighted design from Honda- the GD3 intake was better). So I will try to combine the GD3 and GE8 designs, with your system, to produce the best performance possible.

Thanks for being the first North American intake system manufacturer to address the needs of the '09 Fits.

EDIT: Forget trying to get cold air from the fender area. There is already a LARGE hole in the fender well in front of the battery. The hole leads to the inside of the plastic fender directly under the headlight. But NO cold air- it is a sealed chamber, sealed by the black plastic fender liner that surrounds the wheel. Boring a big hole in the liner would allow "cold" air to get to the engine bay, but it would also allow the wheel to throw water and mud into the engine bay as well. No point. Besides which, here in CA the air is only cold in the winter. Temps radiating up from the surface of a freeway in August are around 150 degrees- not cold at all.

Last edited by manxman; 12-31-2008 at 03:11 PM.
Old 01-07-2009, 11:58 PM
PRM
up-date

kits will be shipped out tomorrow.

here are some pics of the kit.

http://i419.photobucket.com/albums/p...ondaFit005.jpg

http://i419.photobucket.com/albums/p...ondaFit003.jpg

Gerry

Old 01-08-2009, 01:57 PM
Banned
Thanks for the update Gerry. Your new photos make it look like you have changed the orientation of the filter. I thought that the previous photos showed the filter pointing sideways toward the fender, just ahead of the battery. Now it looks like it is pointing downward. This position looks a little less "crowded". I am looking forward to receiving and mounting the system. Great news!

Old 01-16-2009, 04:02 PM
Banned
Okay, GE/AT owners, Gerry has decided that the MT intake kit will not fit on the AT's. This is because the AT sits higher in the engine bay than the MT, which makes the MT kit too long to fit in the more shallow space above the trans. He has a Honda mechanic advising dimensional differences between the two, and has an AT owner coming into his shop for measurements. It shouldn't take much time to adapt an existing intake kit design to the measurements of the AT '09 Fit.

For any '09 MT owner who is interested, my MT kit is new, in the box, and for sale at the Group Buy price that I paid ($230.00). If you miss the group buy, I will still honor the price that I paid if you want this one. I process credit cards, and ship via UPS. Gerry at PRM will honor any warranty issues after I send him your order details.

Just to remind you, no other North American intake maker has anything for '09 Fits. There is an ugly, much more expensive molded plastic intake from Japan being sold under at least four different brand names (including Noblesse). IMO, that intake has a number of very sharp right angle bends in the air flow passage that must cause turbulence that reduces air flow compared to the PRM system.

Last edited by manxman; 01-16-2009 at 04:32 PM.
Old 01-16-2009, 04:12 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by manxman
Okay, GE/AT owners, Gerry has decided that the MT intake kit will not fit on the AT's. This is because the AT sits higher in the engine bay than the MT, which makes the MT kit too long to fit in the more shallow space above the trans. He has a Honda mechanic advising dimensional differences between the two, and has an AT owner coming into his shop for measurements. It shouldn't take much time to adapt an existing intake kit design to the measurements of the AT '09 Fit.
Thanks for the update manxman. I am one of many GE/AT owners still patiently awaiting shipment of their kits. Please continue to keep us updated with the latest..and thanks again.

Old 01-16-2009, 04:18 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by reako
Thanks for the update manxman. I am one of many GE/AT owners still patiently awaiting shipment of their kits. Please continue to keep us updated with the latest..and thanks again.
You're welcome. Gerry and I have been emailing each other a lot today. I posted here because Gerry knows that there are quite a few members who are waiting for confirmation that this new system will fit AT's.

Before I found out about the height difference, I had intended to adapt the MT to my AT with a custom-made mounting bracket. Now that I know that the system won't fit for the other reason, I'm not going to try, and maybe risk damage to the new system that some MT owner may want. Either I will sell this system, or Gerry will sell it and I will ship it for him.

Old 01-16-2009, 05:44 PM
Oh yeah!!, i finally got the PRM CAI in yesterday and installed.. Although it took about 2 hours, to finally install them... but im finally happy with the PRM.. and thanks for sending it out Gerry..

Old 01-17-2009, 03:57 AM
Originally Posted by Honda6uy
Oh yeah!!, i finally got the PRM CAI in yesterday and installed.. Although it took about 2 hours, to finally install them... but im finally happy with the PRM.. and thanks for sending it out Gerry..
Congrats and keep us updated on the performance.

Thanks Manxman for the update for the ATs. Wonder if the slight redesign will alter the performance.

Old 01-17-2009, 11:16 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by Fitlurker
Congrats and keep us updated on the performance.

Thanks Manxman for the update for the ATs. Wonder if the slight redesign will alter the performance.
Gerry and I have had a lot of correspondence. I can't discuss design details, but I anticipate either no change, or a slight increase in performance over the current MT dyno chart.

Quick Reply: PRM's 09 kit group buy