PRM Racing
PRM was founded in 1996 by Gerry Sica inventor of the patented in-line filter co-named Jet Stream Intake System. The award winning filter design received high acclaim at the 97 SEMA show and was featured in many performance magazines. Our in-line filters accomplish 3 fundamental duties in the performance arena.

* Cleans incoming air with free flowing washable cotton gauze media
* Draws ambient air safely with no worry about rain
* Straightens out air flow = more torque & hp.

PRM's 09 kit group buy

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2009, 11:45 AM
Banned
OK, to keep your hopes up, new info. to report. Gerry's Honda mechanic friend took a brand new AT Sport at the dealership and removed the entire stock intake for him. A new system is now decided upon. It will be straight (no 90 degree bends), will come right off the TB, angle just a little downward, and put the filter right under the brake fluid reservoir. So you say "Gee, that's just the same as the stock intake- why should I be interested?".

Answer- the stock box and piping has sharp bends, sound baffles, a lot of restrictions including the paper filter that has to be replaced, that will not be there in the new PRM system. The filter will be in the "cold air sweet spot", right in the discharge of the under-hood air scoop.

For those worried about hydrolock, all you have to do to kill your engine is to drive into hip-deep water and you will get exactly the same result as you would with the stock intake. That means, no worries.

I will be testing the prototype as soon as I get it. Will report right away- he intends to ship within a week. This will be absolutely clean and trouble free, and I am very happy that this will be on its way so soon. Those of you who have been waiting will appreciate what the wait has brought about.

Dave

Last edited by manxman; 01-21-2009 at 11:53 AM.
Old 01-21-2009, 12:16 PM
Thanks for the update. Again, hope the performance stays the same or even increase.

Old 01-21-2009, 01:36 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Fitlurker
Thanks for the update. Again, hope the performance stays the same or even increase.
We'll see. As Gerry says, sometimes a longer tube produces more power than a short one. But fluid dynamics teaches you that every bend in a piping system causes some flow restriction, and can cause turbulence. Flow restriction and turbulence is what makes me want to get rid of the stock intake (at least until I need a CA smog test five years from now).

Old 01-21-2009, 02:52 PM
5 Year Member
i like the way this sounds better then having it go down to the fender

Old 01-21-2009, 04:23 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by victorSCP
i like the way this sounds better then having it go down to the fender
PRM gives Fits cold air intake performance without cold air intake risks (hydrolock, muddy filters). GD's get cold air from the fender hole, GE's get cold air at the firewall in front of the driver. How cold is the air in the summer, anyway? In Central CA, the air is up to 150 degrees, 6" off the freeway asphalt, at various times between Jul, Aug & Sept. There is no cold air in the desert while the sun is up in summer months.

CAI's, from other manufacturers, for 1st. gen. Fits do pose a risk- the air intake/filter is very close to street level. That is not true for ANY PRM system. Dollar for dollar, PRM beats any other system.

For GE's, there is no access to cold air other than at the firewall, unless you cut a big hole through the plastic air diffuser panel under the engine. And that bad move puts you right back in the CAI risk category. Or, you could cut a big hole in the wheel well plastic liner. That bad move just throws water and mud into the engine bay and whatever intake you have placed next to the new hole.

Last edited by manxman; 01-21-2009 at 04:29 PM.
Old 01-21-2009, 06:30 PM
hot. i can't wait. i'm on the group buy list.

Old 01-22-2009, 11:38 AM
5 Year Member
just wondering is this group buy still on?

Old 01-22-2009, 11:49 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by panda1314
just wondering is this group buy still on?
I believe that it is. PM Gerry at PRM to find out for sure.

Old 01-31-2009, 12:18 PM
5 Year Member
So, is there an update? My tax return is in and an intake is on the list of things to buy.

Old 01-31-2009, 12:20 PM
5 Year Member
last i heard he still has 1 kit available

Old 01-31-2009, 04:15 PM
PRM
up date

here's the scoop.
i will be finilizing the A/T kit on monday - sorry manxman, tried my best to get the donor car- took an extra week for the second visit.
With that said i will have the A/T kits available for shipping in about 2 to 3 weeks providing everything works out.i don't foresee any problems!!!!

I have 2 M/T kits left at the group buy price!!

sorry for the long wait!!!

thanks for your patients guy's !!

gerry

Last edited by PRM; 01-31-2009 at 04:17 PM.
Old 01-31-2009, 05:29 PM
Any Pics on the A/T kit? What is the price gonna be?

Old 01-31-2009, 05:34 PM
Banned
Gerry has one more MT kit- the one he sent me. Brand new, in the box.

Gerry, "patience" is the word you want. Patients are the people in the doctor's waiting room, ahead of you.

Old 01-31-2009, 05:42 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by JPGC
Any Pics on the A/T kit? What is the price gonna be?
The intake system is still being finished, as Gerry already posted. Until it is done and released for sale, he isn't going to post any photos. You can see the photos of the M/T kit though.

Old 01-31-2009, 06:35 PM
Originally Posted by manxman
The intake system is still being finished, as Gerry already posted. Until it is done and released for sale, he isn't going to post any photos. You can see the photos of the M/T kit though.
Yeah, I've seen the M/T kit pics, that's why I'm interested. I'm curious to see how different the A/T kit is, since I have an A/T.

Old 01-31-2009, 06:49 PM
Banned
Yeah, I've seen the M/T kit pics, that's why I'm interested. I'm curious to see how different the A/T kit is, since I have an A/T.
The A/T kit will come straight out of the throttle body with no 90 degree bends at all. The filter/air inlet will wind up right under the brake fluid reservoir, exactly where the stock air inlet now sits. This is exactly where the scoop under the driver side hood delivers cold air (that is, when the air IS cold). The straight intake tube system will be mounted to the firewall somewhere between the throttle body and the filter/inlet, with a flexible mount to compensate for normal engine movement.

As Gerry says, be patient. It IS coming!

As usual, the system will be beautiful in its simplicity.

Old 02-01-2009, 09:09 PM
I'm excited over this. Should clean up the engine bay a great deal with the removal of the huge factory box.

Old 02-01-2009, 10:35 PM
Banned
I'm excited over this. Should clean up the engine bay a great deal with the removal of the huge factory box.
That is what I am looking forward to as well, along with the better engine performance, and a cleanable, reusable filter.

Old 02-03-2009, 07:03 PM
5 Year Member
Will there be a GB for the AT kits as well? I would be interested in one. I would also be interested in a dyno with the new AT kit to see if there is a difference with the MT kit.

Old 02-04-2009, 02:49 AM
PRM
A/T kit up-date

A/T kits should be ready soon.I'm hoping to have them ready by the end of next week.
There will be a 5 kit group buy on these new kits.same price as the first group buy= $230 shipped.i will set up another group buy soon after.same price, just want to make sure all is well with the first batch before we manufacture a large quantity.this will give some of you time to here some reviews before purchasing.

I will post pics of the new kits as soon as they are ready.

Group Buy List- first batch is sold out!

1. Manxman
2. reako
3. Barams
4. Fitluker
5. lincolnator

Gerry

Last edited by PRM; 02-05-2009 at 08:06 PM.

Quick Reply: PRM's 09 kit group buy