Other Car Related Discussions Discuss all other cars here.

BBS Wheels declares bankruptcy

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2011, 10:05 AM
Old 01-05-2011, 12:25 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
ouch... but i kinda felt this was coming.

also note that most of their major wheels are made in japan...with the raw material prices going up, strong JPY currency they are bound go to under. too bad the korean supplier could not support their high-end wheels more.

Old 01-05-2011, 02:32 PM
5 Year Member
The type of folks that think they will die without them will have hissy fits until they find some other status item to buy and boast about.... Damn I wish I had a warehouse full of those things right now.

Old 01-05-2011, 02:37 PM
5 Year Member
Does this mean liquidation and finally cheap bbs rims??? i hope so, thatd be cool for everyone except those who spent a buttload to get the ones they have. :/

Old 01-05-2011, 02:49 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Java^FiT
Does this mean liquidation and finally cheap bbs rims??? i hope so, thatd be cool for everyone except those who spent a buttload to get the ones they have. :/
Fat chance that there will be a bankruptcy sale open to the public. I think that kind of sale only applies to cheap furniture stores and mobile homes..... Some fat cat will pick up on the wheels and corner the market or maybe the equipment will be moved to Mexico or Asia by some group of investors that have purchased it and the rights to the BBS name.

Old 01-05-2011, 03:27 PM
hella bankrupt

Old 01-05-2011, 03:57 PM
Translated: "The wheel manufacturer BBS based in Schiltach in the Black Forest has filed with the competent local court of bankruptcy. The work Herbolzheim to be sold. For the staff of the move comes as a complete surprise. Just before Christmas was still the talk of multi-million investment.
DruckenVersendenSpeichernVorherige SeiteKurz-Link kopieren
Artikel in Facebook mit anderen TeilenTeilenTwitter diesen ArtikelTwitter
linkfurloneviewyiggwebnewswongdeliciousdigg
03. January 2011, the wheel manufacturer BBS International GmbH, based in Schiltach in the Black Forest has filed with the competent local court of bankruptcy. This was announced by a court spokesman said on Monday. The application was on 30 December was made. Attorney Thomas Oberle was appointed as provisional liquidator. The walk to the bankruptcy court came to the staff and also for the IG Metall complete surprise. For the CEO, Norbert Zumblick had, shortly before Christmas in an interview with the Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung still-million investment in the two locations in Herbolzheim and Schiltach announced and again attracting businesses reported (see BBS operates profitable again). On the website of the company's name appeared on Monday Zumblick certainly no longer. BBS could not be reached for comment.

About the exact reasons for the insolvency is not yet known. Only one thing is clear: According to the IG Metall workers were no longer in December their content. Overall, both sites are currently 436 employees are employed. Now is the provisional liquidator on the ground to get an overview at the auto parts supplier, it said. BBS was four years has passed already in bankruptcy. Strange in the matter is that the company had only announced last Thursday to try to sell the site Herbolzheim with about 150 employees at the Swiss bike manufacturer Ronal AG. About a signed letter of intent BBS was informed in a brief statement. According to this BBS would withdraw from the mass market, which previously had contributed 65 percent of total sales. According to the release of BBS Ronal will increase its production capacity. The factory in Herbolzheim perfect match for this strategy. Ronal wants to negotiate the purchase of the work claims to be complete as soon as possible. It had about the subject actually "talk for two or three weeks" until it is at the Ronal AG. Founded in 1969 by a German wheel manufacturer employs more than 4,500 employees.

BBS intends to concentrate, according to the release of last week, now on the production of wheels for racing and high-quality wheels. Therefore, even bankruptcy was filed. The management therefore aims to insolvency proceedings in personal responsibility. Reiner Neumann by IG Metall in Freudenstadt the actions of the BBS-Company Management is critical. The wheel manufacturer is attractive in its combination of motor sport and general market. There is no reason for a negative prognosis.

The auto supplier had been behind for several years a constant roller-coaster ride itself. In February 2007 the company had already filed for bankruptcy, after the group had verhoben with a worldwide expansion. Of the 1,200 employees at that time there were only about 400 left. 2008 when the company headquarters in Schiltach should be completely closed, and shortly thereafter took over the management, these plans back. In the spring of 2010 150 employees were laid off in the summer but all got back her old job, and the management complained of shortages in the region.
Zum Thema

BBS is one's own information, the Belgian Creacorp. Behind it stands the Belgians Guido Dumarey, who is an avid motor sports fan and founder of the group Punch International. The Belgian was once considered the great hope in BBS, the company as it went bad and he had appeared as a savior."

Old 01-05-2011, 04:57 PM
That is a bummer, I'm glad I have a brand new set of BBS still in my garage in the boxes. Now I have to put them on my Civic!