Other Car Related Discussions Discuss all other cars here.

Getting Rid of my Fit and getting an Si

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2010, 06:29 PM
When purchasing a new car, I drove the Fit, civic EX, civic Si, accord, and s2k.

Fit: fun but slow
civic ex: good gas but faster than fit
civic Si: FUN!
accord: smooth but pricey
s2k: I'm too tall

Got a 08 civic Si, but thinking I want to get a Fit so I don't rack up too many miles going to work.

IMO, you will be VERY pleased with the Si if you want fun. And to the person who said a Si isn't as fun as a fit :facepalm:

Old 02-02-2010, 09:21 PM
Originally Posted by GlennQuagmire
that magnitude of variance on a like-for-like deal is impossible had you previously done your research. having the agreement in writing will help; otherwise it just sounds suspiciously like a tactic to lure you into the dealership.

hm... if you're implying I was blindly going around trying to buy an Si you are incorrect. Just like my Fit, I refuse to pay sticker, delivery charges, and dealer prep fees. They are all bs. The first dealer I considered, got me within $300 of invoice price on the si, and a decent value on my Fit for the trade.

The dealer I'm going with now is $2k below invoice. and valued my trade $2k higher.

In none of my research did I see anyone getting anywhere near that good of a deal.

But the dealer i am choosing to do business with has a lot better reviews than the other honda dealer. And when I bought my fit from the opposite dealer back in 08, the dealer I am going with now also tried to give me a better deal..but they only had silver Fits and i didn't want that color.

Research or not, they are just willing to give me an unbelievable deal. Who knows if that's because they are desperate to sell cars or because they think they can still make money on my Fit even after giving me a more than fair trade value

Old 02-02-2010, 09:39 PM
Alright,

I also want to say a lot of you guys are getting confused that I hated my fit....

this couldn't be farther from the truth.

I wouldn't have driven this car for 2 years and put almost 48,000 miles on it if i hated it. My friends and I would honestly think of excuses to go places just to cruise around in my car because we all loved it and had fun driving in it. Everyone was always comfortable, even the back seaters.

The stick made it fun to drive, even if it was under powered. I think a 1.6-1.8 L SOHC 4 cylinder would have been better suited to optimize the car at it's surprising curb weight of 2,400lbs. Safety features like bigger bumpers, safety electronic harnesses, and airbags weigh the car down.

However, this thing had everything you needed to get from point A to point B comfortably.
A/C standard, decent stereo system for the size and budget, power locks, windows, mirrors. fog lamps, stylish wheels, and ipod hookup.

The storage is unmatched. I've hauled a million things with my Fit, but after a career change I knew I wouldn't take advantage of this as much. I hauled a few crazy things since then just to say i could, couches, furniture, tvs for people.

Some of my best experiences without driving the car, were putting things into it and having bystanders say "that's not gonna fit" and me saying "Watch me" and then closing the hatch after the last loading.

I loaded a massive TV and surround sound system into my Fit for my brother when circuit city went out of business and the guys who brought it out front couldn't believe we got it all in and closed the hatch.

Just because I think i'm going to have more fun with the Si right now doesn't make the Fit a mistake or a bad car. I know there's no way that 5 years down the road I'll be able to stop myself from picking another Fit up when I need an extra car. I'd be plenty thrilled to use it to bum around when I'm not in a big performance mood or want to make hardware store runs, but right now like i said I know the Si will be a good switch up.

The BMWs are nice, along the Si search some used sales men suggested some BMWs if I wanted sports performance sedans, but I'm pretty picky on colors, interiors, and my transmissions.

And the whole sedans are boring thing.... considering most cars that come in both coupe and sedan, the coupes are generally uncomfortable as all hell and awkward to get in and out of.

If i got a coupe it'd be a 370z, old school fairlady, g37, Supra, or an rx-7

Those would be worth it

Old 02-03-2010, 04:27 PM
5 Year Member
I feel u man i got rid of my fit for my S2000CR. I loved the fit but wanted something with a little bit more speed to it. Now i would not mind having a fit as a DD. The S is the funnest car i have ever driven.

Old 02-09-2010, 07:24 PM
Originally Posted by mikejet
I must be getting old. I want to get a TSX Wagon as my next car lol.

You and my mom, lol. JK =D

I am anti sedan because they tend to be heavier, and I rarely drive more than myself or me +1 around. I am not a taxi, therefore, I want a small car. However I don't make crap for money so I'll keep my 18 year old honda for now.

Old 02-11-2010, 01:28 PM
bought a used 06 civic si about 5 months ago...a month later i saw a 06 TSX with less miles for $1k more and just about shot myself...

I should have gotten a base rsx because the mileage would have been better and the car would have been cheaper and the gas would have been cheaper. The SI is a one track car...its good for going fast. For driving down the highway....alot....it sucks. At least with a TSX I would have had some nice features to go along with the premium gas.

Old 02-22-2010, 06:14 AM
5 Year Member
I just don't know why you wouldn't wait for the next gen SI. The current SI is getting dated amongst the compitition. Although with some of the faggotry honda has been commiting lately they could very well cancel the SI for all I know.