Other Car Related Discussions Discuss all other cars here.

Nissan's Leaf, looks a bit like a Fit

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2009, 01:48 PM
Originally Posted by AnlDyxp_GD3
LOL! The front end of the Leaf kinda looks like it. You just happened to show the wrong end of the Z. haha. The reason it reminds me of the 350Z with the veilside kit is just the headlights have that Z-ish shape, and the grille in the front bumper has that veilside "pouty/fish lips" look. LOL =]
LMAO. One reason why I never liked Veilside kits.

Old 08-04-2009, 08:26 PM
5 Year Member
I'll wait for the Nismo edition... haha.

Old 08-05-2009, 12:52 AM
5 Year Member
kinda reminds me of the nissan march (which is pretty fugly too):

maybe nissan took the march and made it have sex with a versa?

+

=

Old 08-05-2009, 02:21 AM
Someone that spends her life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Tofu4, they all have back ends that stick out, is there a reason? Is it more aerodynamic? It obviously cuts back on the vertical space for the hatch/cargo area.

Not that a person can put a Great Dane in the cargo area of the Fit while leaving the seats up, a smaller dog could fit in the cargo area (without the cargo cover, obviously).

But I wouldn't feel comfortable doing that in any of the Nissan cars posted (providing they have a removable cover for the cargo area). It would be too much like cramming an animal in the trunk, which is a total no-no.

Edit add-on: I like that top coral color. That's nice. I might have a nail polish to match.

Last edited by TaffetaWhite; 08-05-2009 at 02:23 AM.
Old 08-05-2009, 10:20 AM
5 Year Member
News update:

$2.4 billion in electric vehicle grants:

The goal of getting the U.S. solidly back into the race to become the leader in the production of electric cars gets a boost today. President Obama is headed for Indiana this morning where he will announce $2.4 billion in funding for electric vehicle manufacturing.
Of the total, about $400 million of the total will go to buy thousands of plug-in hybrid and all-electric vehicles for demonstration projects. Another $1.5 billion will go to trying to foster an advanced vehicle battery industry in the U.S. And the remainder, about $500 million, will go to makers of electric drive components, power system and the other parts needed to make electric vehicles.

Obama to announce $2.4 billion in electric vehicle grants - Drive On: A conversation about the cars and trucks we drive - USATODAY.com

Old 08-05-2009, 11:29 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by tofu4
kinda reminds me of the nissan march (which is pretty fugly too):

maybe nissan took the march and made it have sex with a versa?

+

=

In Europe, they call it Nissan Micra, and it reminded me of a Micra right awaz :)

Old 08-05-2009, 11:42 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Tofuman
I'll wait for the Nismo edition... haha.
HAHAHAH. the one with a bigger battery! LOL!

Old 08-05-2009, 12:06 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TaffetaWhite
Tofu4, they all have back ends that stick out, is there a reason? Is it more aerodynamic? It obviously cuts back on the vertical space for the hatch/cargo area.

Not that a person can put a Great Dane in the cargo area of the Fit while leaving the seats up, a smaller dog could fit in the cargo area (without the cargo cover, obviously).

But I wouldn't feel comfortable doing that in any of the Nissan cars posted (providing they have a removable cover for the cargo area). It would be too much like cramming an animal in the trunk, which is a total no-no.

Edit add-on: I like that top coral color. That's nice. I might have a nail polish to match.
It makes the car look awkward as hell! My buddy can't fit even half of what i can fit in my trunk area with seats folded up in his Versa.

I dislike most of the "futuristic" or "modern" design cues of most cars nowadays. Most cars designed presently have too much going on or have a weird modern flair to them. I think that's why i went with the Fit as opposed to the other cars (eg Versa, VW Rabbit)

Comparing two cars i would have liked to own in the past, I would take the original over the current model.

1970-1977 (i think?) Toyota Celica Coupe

vs

2000+ Toyota Celica GT-S

TaffetaWhite: The pink is actually quite nice. I'd rock it on my fit. It's different xD

*edit* i think i went off of topic for a little bit in my post... sorry!

Last edited by tofu4; 08-05-2009 at 12:10 PM.
Old 08-05-2009, 01:01 PM
5 Year Member
I don't think you were off-topic, Tofu4. It started with a specific car, and the discussion continued into it's appearance and performance. The appearance comments and comparison vehicles are all part of an assessment we're making.

Sometimes I think that the auto makers don't listen very hard to what consumers say. The makers often "update" with "new and improved" features that end up turning off a huge segment of the original fans.

Some cars from the 70's got better mileage than the cars are getting now. One reason is there were many very small vehicles with very small engines.

Why aren't Honda and Toyota making those small vehicles again? Smart can make a small vehicle.

For a lot of people, they just need a car to get to the store and back. Or school and back. Or work and back. They might use it as the main car for errands, with another car for larger things. And by larger, that could mean a Fit.

Check out the Celica liftback here:

http://www.toyotacelicamodifications...elica_1970.JPG

Old 08-05-2009, 07:58 PM
Looks like a fish... kinda how like the new Z looks like a catfish.