Other Car Related Discussions Discuss all other cars here.

ring taxi: anyone done this?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2009, 04:52 PM
5 Year Member
ring taxi: anyone done this?

last summer i booked a ticket to frankfurt for work but ended up having to cancel last minute due to a scheduling conflict. i'll likely go before my travel credit expires at the end of this summer and, since i've got the option of staying an extra day or two, i'm thinking about doing this:from what i can tell, it's a 90 min drive from frankfurt and the price is €195 for up to 3 passengers -- a bit steep for a 9-min thrill ride if i was doing it by myself, but more reasonable when split 3 ways. seems to be a popular ticket so reservations are difficult to come by.

does being chauffeured around the 'ring appeal to anyone else? would anyone who's done this care to share their experiences? it sounds like a touristy thing to do, but if i tried to tackle this myself in a rental i know i'd piss off a whole lot of people.

Old 01-03-2009, 09:13 PM
Banned
Location: Negative Repland (exiled by fragile ego's and "can't handle the truth" babies) LMFAO ;P
i've seen the vids on topgear......SHE is amazing
if u want to experience the track at the limit the ring taxi is a1
tourists take the bus around the track lmao
u can drive the ring yourself but i think they charge u like $10000/hr if u manage to close the track down (they have itemized every expense from cost per foot (or metre) of guard rail u take out to the price of the evac chopper lol)

Last edited by SFactor2; 01-03-2009 at 09:16 PM.
Old 01-04-2009, 12:15 AM
5 Year Member
Taking a lap around the 'ring sounds like it would be a blast regardless if you were driving or being driven; especially if the driver knows the track. I personally never been there but I'd definitely take a lap in the 'ring taxi, even if there were two people with me or not. (less people = less weight, therefore better performance out of the car) After that hit the track, most people don't buy rental insurance for nothing. As for pissing people off, I wouldn't worry about that. Just hit a turn signal to acknowledge that they're faster than you then and give them some room to pass.

Here's a link to one of the cameras at the ring, this one being at the pay booths near the track's entrance. Its 6 hours ahead in time if your in the Eastern Time Zone.

Last edited by Hootie; 01-04-2009 at 12:18 AM. Reason: Forgot to mention time difference.