Other Car Related Discussions Discuss all other cars here.

Should I get a s2000?

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2008, 03:47 PM
I have owned 2 s2k's. An AP1 and a AP2. Personly I like the AP2 better. It was daily driven for 2 years. My wife drove it mostly and she still thinks it was the most comfortable car we have ever owned. Only reason we got rid of it was we needed a bigger car for her. BTW the trunk on the S2k is not small. You can fit your golf clubs in it or a small suit case that is big enough for a sports car. A Miata is a total womans car, no offense ladies. Now if I only had one car would I own a S2k, probably not. You might think you have enough room when you buy it but you won't. But hey if you really want it get it. They are exceptional cars and built in the same plant as the NSX.
My AP2

My AP1

Old 09-16-2008, 03:53 PM
I <3 SPOON
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by SlavetotheHonda
The S2000 is one of the WORST daily drivers I can think of. Uncomfortable, very little cabin space, trunk is unbelievably small, the car is so low to the ground that getting in and out is a struggle. Want a FUN roadster that you can still drive on a daily basis? Mazda Miata with retractable hardtop is an excellent choice. I have owned both cars except the Miata was a softtop. The Miata was ALOT more fun and enjoyable to drive.

you are a m'fing idiot
why don't you learn to shut up and stop posting in this thread
how the F*CK do you think a miata is better even though it's SMALLER than the s2000??? u clearly have no good argument and your feedback and ignorant comments are completely irrelavent.

08fithappy: you can get an s2000 for 15-19k used? have you seen many evo/sti used around that price range? no not too many
and evo/sti are in a different class like i said
evo/sti : AWD
s2000/lotus : FR

lotus elise is a great car but it's mainly for ppl who are track whores. the elise is tiny.
the s2000 takes all of that and makes it more daily drivable, which 5 years owning an s2000 was perfectly fine with me.

and i would love to see a car you can get IN THE SAME CLASS for $15-19K used and spank an s2000
lotus elise are around 50k new 30-40ish used if i remember correctly.....

-Ricky

Old 09-16-2008, 04:17 PM
Let Me Guess: Your About 17 -22

Originally Posted by GD3-Fit
you are a m'fing idiot
why don't you learn to shut up and stop posting in this thread
how the F*CK do you think a miata is better even though it's SMALLER than the s2000??? u clearly have no good argument and your feedback and ignorant comments are completely irrelavent.

08fithappy: you can get an s2000 for 15-19k used? have you seen many evo/sti used around that price range? no not too many
and evo/sti are in a different class like i said
evo/sti : AWD
s2000/lotus : FR

lotus elise is a great car but it's mainly for ppl who are track whores. the elise is tiny.
the s2000 takes all of that and makes it more daily drivable, which 5 years owning an s2000 was perfectly fine with me.

and i would love to see a car you can get IN THE SAME CLASS for $15-19K used and spank an s2000
lotus elise are around 50k new 30-40ish used if i remember correctly.....

-Ricky
Ever own either car? I have owned BOTH. I would tend to think I would have ALOT more experience with the cars than a MORON like yourself. I never try to flame but YOU are the complete jerkoff here. So you know so much about the S2000 and the Miata? HOW MANY HAVE YOU OWNED?
GET REAL.
MODS: Sorry for the flame but I simply can't take a guy who has NO EXPERIENCE and rambles trash. As a previous owner of a 205 S2000 and a 2007 Miata I think I have the qualifications to properly compare both automobiles.

Last edited by SlavetotheHonda; 09-16-2008 at 04:19 PM.
Old 09-16-2008, 04:26 PM
I <3 SPOON
5 Year Member
i don't care how many cars you owned! i don't give a shit!
i'm qualified to tell you to shut the hell up

understand that your bullshit remarks about the s2000 are false and misleading
the OP was asking about buying an s2000
you come in here with your stupid comments and stray him away from the FACTS

just because you're a bandwagon jumping prick doesn't mean you can come in and ruin threads with your ignorant posts.

Old 09-16-2008, 04:28 PM
Originally Posted by SlavetotheHonda
Ever own either car? I have owned BOTH. I would tend to think I would have ALOT more experience with the cars than a MORON like yourself. I never try to flame but YOU are the complete jerkoff here. So you know so much about the S2000 and the Miata? HOW MANY HAVE YOU OWNED?
GET REAL.
MODS: Sorry for the flame but I simply can't take a guy who has NO EXPERIENCE and rambles trash. As a previous owner of a 205 S2000 and a 2007 Miata I think I have the qualifications to properly compare both automobiles.
No you are making an opinion by no means does that make you an expert. I have been reading your posts and all you seem to do is bash others experiences. I have driven many Miata's when people would trade them in for S2k's or other automobiles. Their build quality is in no way on par with a S2k. Fun to drive maybe but they are smaller than a S2k and underpowered. Even the Miata Speed was not very quick for being turbo'd. So for YOUR experience you like the Miata better, for the rest of us the S2k suited us just fine.

Old 09-16-2008, 04:29 PM
Your Comments Don't Even Deserve A Reply

So I will give none until you can converse in a somewhat intelligent manner. Have a nice day!!

Old 09-16-2008, 04:32 PM
I <3 SPOON
5 Year Member
good i'm glad i got through to you finally retard

Old 09-16-2008, 04:36 PM
For Anyone Interested In FACTUAL Material I Suggest Reading This:

Introducing the 2008 Mazda MX-5 Miata - Mazda Sports Cars
The Miata has won over 150 awards. Not too bad for a car that is "inferior" to the S2000 eh?

Old 09-16-2008, 04:46 PM
I <3 SPOON
5 Year Member
here you go queer
read up:
Honda S2000 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

what other car do you know produced 120hp/liter N/A from the factory?

hey if you like the miata so much you gotta be g@y, it's cool we can keep a secret here on FitFreak :D

Last edited by GD3-Fit; 09-16-2008 at 10:42 PM.
Old 09-16-2008, 10:34 PM
5 Year Member
U can get evos for around 17k-24k with good miles. I have not seen to many S2000 with good miles for 15k-19k. And the base lotus is 40k-45k new. If i could find a used S2000 for around 15k-20k i would not have got my fit. But i like the s2000 with a turbo when i get one i will turbo it than they are a blast. But each there own i need 4 doors and lots of space in a DD and i don't think the S2000 has that but i do love them.

Old 09-17-2008, 09:28 AM
5 Year Member
If you want to compare it to the Sti and the Evo, those stock would beat it, the power difference is a little too much. The S2k will getter better gas mileage and most likely be a lot more fun to drive (RWD usually is). You could get the Sti and the Evo if you are looking for something with more space, but with the Evo all I hear from my friends that own them are that they are way too expensive with insurance, gas, maintenance, etc.

As for the flaming that has been going on, there really is no reason to call the guy a retard for giving his opinion. The Miata is a good car and fixed up can be very fast and handle exceptionally. My friend has an S and a Miata currently but I've never once heard him say the Miata is more fun. Difference of opinion. He has an older model though and I was unable to fit in it when he let me try to drive it, but I've never had a problem getting in an out of my S (I'm 6'3'' btw). I hear the new Miatas have a lot of space, I prefer the look of the previous model with the stationary headlights because I think this new model is pretty ugly, but that is another thing that drew me to the S2k, it is a great design (the proof can be seen in the little change during the past 8 years.

The thing that really gets me about the S that I think a lot of people over look when they complain about the price is the effort that Honda puts into making their cars. The engine (currently) is a 2.2l 4 cylinder engine that puts out 237hp. Not a whole lot of cars under 100k (that I can think of) with over 100hp per liter. I don't think saying it doesn't have power is a good argument because it does have a lot of horsepower for the size of the engine. The gearbox is, like in all Hondas, top of the line. The sound as it gets up to the redline is hard for other cars to compare to. It has an aluminum hood standard. The soft top goes up and down in 6 seconds (I believe that's still faster than any car on the market). Front mid-engine layout for better balance. I believe they have one of the coolest communities for any car as well (S2k drivers wave to each other on the road, I some Subie drivers do this as well, but not as much). I could probably keep going on, but I think I have enough.

Also, you can't tell me you will get more attention from girls in a Miata than an S.

Cons of the S:
Not a whole lot of space. As a daily driver with it's stiff suspension it can be rough for some people. It's not a family-friendly car (but my girlfriend has a Fit so no need to worry there :P) Also, torque...I don't think I need to say anything there.

Looking back on this post, I think I should have made three seperate posts, maybe 4. Sorry, I ramble :P

Old 09-17-2008, 09:28 AM
To turbo a s2k is big $$$. Cheapest kit is around 6k and they go up to about 10k. Not a cheap car to mod at all. Everything for a s2k is expensive. I would just do ITB's and R\H and exhaust. It just sounds sooooooooooooo good.

Old 09-17-2008, 09:30 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
But if I was I wouldn't be considering the S2K, I would be looking at the much better priced similar performance MX6. The pricetag on the S2K has always struck me as being way too high.
MX6?

I believe you meant MX5 :)

Old 09-17-2008, 01:58 PM
5 Year Member
Yea they are pricey but u got to pay to play i owned a evo and it was the same boat not cheap. But man they are sick cars ethier way. I went up against one when i owned my evo and it had a turbo. It was neck and neck the hole way. That is what got me to want one i have not seen to many cars on the street that could keep up with me. And it was convertable which i love in the summer. But i just love performance cars all of them and want them all. But we will see i plan on geting a weekend car in about 3-5 years and im looking at the S2000,EVO,Z06, or 03-04 cobra not sure wich yet i am going to get. I really think the Z06 is pure sex though looks great and has balls but im just a car guy

Old 09-17-2008, 03:56 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 08fithappy
Yea they are pricey but u got to pay to play i owned a evo and it was the same boat not cheap. But man they are sick cars ethier way. I went up against one when i owned my evo and it had a turbo. It was neck and neck the hole way. That is what got me to want one i have not seen to many cars on the street that could keep up with me. And it was convertable which i love in the summer. But i just love performance cars all of them and want them all. But we will see i plan on geting a weekend car in about 3-5 years and im looking at the S2000,EVO,Z06, or 03-04 cobra not sure wich yet i am going to get. I really think the Z06 is pure sex though looks great and has balls but im just a car guy
Absolutely get the Z06! You can probably get equal gas mileage to the evo too :)

Old 09-19-2008, 12:55 AM
5 Year Member
I just turned in my 07 335i because the lease was up, and picked up an 04 S2k with 7,000 miles. I absolutely love it, and I DD it. Haven't touched my Fit in 2 months. I had no problems picking up this car, especially since I can take the Fit out in the nasty stuff. Believe it or not, the S is more comfortable than my BMW..mainly due to the runflats on the 3. I'm missing the low end torque of the BMW but that is fading away because the S is so much fun to drive. I would suggest taking your time and finding a nice used one instead of dropping 30+ on a new one. Most of the S2k'ers do not DD them so you can find them in pretty good condition with low miles. Good luck, you will definitely be happy in an S2k.

Dave