Other Car Related Discussions Discuss all other cars here.

2009 Nissan GT-R with Straight-Pipes Turbo-Back

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 06:51 PM
5 Year Member
....i heard that chuck norris doesn't have a chin under his beard, it's actually a 3rd fist

Old 08-04-2008, 07:48 PM
Originally Posted by Sid 6.7
Seriously, arguing about this is pointless because neither one of us is going to be buying one anytime soon.

But, you're wrong. Simple as that.

Amuse made power with adding only the cat-back exhaust. Period. No other parts were added at all to make that 22whp. You can see it plain as day in the article.

And the 130 extra whp from the other article had no other power-making parts added except the exhaust, Period. No other parts at all. They did tune the ECU to add I think 2lbs more boost. But that's it.

So live in your world where the GT-R is perfection and all of these hard dyno numbers are stuff of fairy dust and illusion.

You know, you remind me of all these guys posting on other forums about all of the things the dealership is saying, like the US spec models don't have launch control. And somehow if you use launch control (that you somehow don't really have), they know about it and void your warranty. And then another tale is that if you use launch control 8 times, you must take it into the dealership immediately and pay $1000 to have all systems tested out, and if you don't and you use the LC for the 9th time, you void your warranty. And another story that if you take it to a track in the US you MUST take it the very next day to the dealer and get $1500 worth of tests run in order to keep your warranty. Then there was this other story that if you raced it at a track, whether road race or drag, you have 1 week to take it in and pay $2500 to have the tranny rebuilt or they would void all of your warranties. Oh, and the one where is you put any aftermarket parts on the car, all warranties are void (do a Google search for 'Magnuson/Moss Act'). And if you change the oil yourself or somwhere other than the dealer, you void your warranty. And on and on and on......

You get the picture.

With all of the nut-swingers and ill-informed sycophants running around, imaginary tales of mythical proportions pop up everywhere. Everyone is an expert and heard it from someone who heard it from someone who's in 'the know'.
Your supposed to be a mod, and you talk to people like that. Sheesh. Just because you read a article from the net, makes you a "expert and are in the know" Chill out man. Even if it did pick up 22 hp from just a exhaust upgrade, it is only because it allowed the turbos to spool up more, because of less restriction. More boost = more power. And Nissan had restrictions on sound levels, that most likely forced them to include restrictions in order to pass. Aftermarket can do whatever they want. Hell even the article said that the dyno they were using tends to read a bit more power than most others do. :rolleyes:

Old 08-04-2008, 08:17 PM
5 Year Member
So did they tune the ECU on THAT GT-R with turbo-back?

I got a lil confuse here sorry.

Old 08-22-2008, 09:57 PM
Why so serious?
5 Year Member
Oh my...

Cobb Tuning gives the GT-R a serious bump in power - Autoblog

Cobb Tuning has re-engineered its AccessPort control unit for the new R35 Nissan GT-R. For those of you lucky enough to own a GT-R and not content with its performance out of the box, the $995 AccessPort will reflash the ECU to any one of six different tuning levels.

There are three levels each for Stage 1 and Stage 2. Stage 1 can get you up to 63 additional ponies and 70 lb.-ft. of additional twist, while Stage 2 can boost the numbers by 70 and 90 respectively. The AccessPort can also save your stock ECU data and reflash it when you decide you're finished with all that extra gumption. According to a GT-R owner who tried it out, you can be blowing past all those regular GT-Rs in less than an hour.

And that's not all: you can store multiple engine mapping programs, remove trouble codes, install reduced-power valet and economy modes, and update maps over the Internet. It seems like a ridiculously easy proposition for making your supercar that much more super. So if you got one of those GT-Rs that are a little low on horses, this could be just the ticket.

Old 08-22-2008, 10:40 PM
Master FitFaker. CHEA!
Originally Posted by jvm051
Your supposed to be a mod, and you talk to people like that. Sheesh. Just because you read a article from the net, makes you a "expert and are in the know" Chill out man. Even if it did pick up 22 hp from just a exhaust upgrade, it is only because it allowed the turbos to spool up more, because of less restriction. More boost = more power. And Nissan had restrictions on sound levels, that most likely forced them to include restrictions in order to pass. Aftermarket can do whatever they want. Hell even the article said that the dyno they were using tends to read a bit more power than most others do. :rolleyes:
so just because he's a mod, he can't prove a point?
that sounds awkward don't you agree?

Old 08-23-2008, 01:31 AM
Supervillain
5 Year Member
well about the exhaust, it sounds raw, too raw in my opinion. imagining driving home late at night, pissing off everybody whose house you pass by lol. i'd be annoyed if somebody drove around here with a louda$$ exhaust like that. i do like the sound of a carrera gt with some exhaust work though. neat-o.

Old 08-23-2008, 12:09 PM
Originally Posted by jvm051
Hell even the article said that the dyno they were using tends to read a bit more power than most others do. :rolleyes:
Was it not done on the same dyno? Like many have said before me, a dyno is a tuning tool and a way to show gains. What they gained is what matters not peak numbers.