Other Car Related Discussions Discuss all other cars here.

Fit #7 on list of hardest-to-get cars

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 08:58 AM
Fit #7 on list of hardest-to-get cars

In Pictures: Hardest-To-Get Cars - Forbes.com

Saw this article on Yahoo!, the above link is to the Fit, not the beginning of the article.

I'm not surprised that the Fit was in the Top 10, nor at the Prius being at #1. What did surprise me was some of the cars that finished higher. The Yaris finished #5. The Yaris is at full production, so apparently there's little accounting for taste out there. The xD, which "lost" to the Fit in my recent car shopping, finished at #6. Among other small cars, the Civic finished at #8, the Corolla at #9.

I'd like to know where they got these numbers. I shopped both the Fit and xD. I found as many xDs on one lot as there where Fits in the entire KC metro area. The Yaris didn't seem too scarce, either. If there are people snapping up Yaris's and xDs faster than Fits, they don't live in this area.

Old 07-01-2008, 09:08 AM
Originally Posted by Buck
In Pictures: Hardest-To-Get Cars - Forbes.com

Saw this article on Yahoo!, the above link is to the Fit, not the beginning of the article.

I'm not surprised that the Fit was in the Top 10, nor at the Prius being at #1. What did surprise me was some of the cars that finished higher. The Yaris finished #5. The Yaris is at full production, so apparently there's little accounting for taste out there. The xD, which "lost" to the Fit in my recent car shopping, finished at #6. Among other small cars, the Civic finished at #8, the Corolla at #9.

I'd like to know where they got these numbers. I shopped both the Fit and xD. I found as many xDs on one lot as there where Fits in the entire KC metro area. The Yaris didn't seem too scarce, either. If there are people snapping up Yaris's and xDs faster than Fits, they don't live in this area.
The yaris' saving grace is it's WAAAAAY cheaper!! Your average person looking for decent CHEAP transportation (in the sub-compact category) only cares about price not the package for the $$.

Old 07-01-2008, 10:29 AM
These guys' research seems a bit flawed. They call the Fit a "sedan"! :confused:

Old 07-01-2008, 11:10 AM
it's 4 door ... I guess he meant it wasn't a coupe .... !!

Old 07-01-2008, 11:18 AM
5 Year Member
Same here with the Yaris and xD. I see them at the dealership all the time and rarely see the Fit.

Old 07-01-2008, 07:40 PM
Wow, four of the top six were Toyotas. :)

Old 07-01-2008, 09:23 PM
5 Year Member
They say they based their rankings on dealers' inventory, data from some company, and days the cars tend to stay on the lots/supply available.
Still I can go to any dealers and get a Civic, Xd, or Yaris.

Old 07-03-2008, 06:14 AM
Toyotas blow, no personality whatsoever, you don't drive them you simply "guide" them. Honda joined Formula One racing in the 60's, was founded by a mechanic/racing driver, and in the past had the greatest driver of all time under their wing, the great Ayrton Senna. Furthermore McLaren teamed up with them in the late 80s and early 90s to build F1 cars with HONDA engines. The head engineer of the McLaren F1, praises the NSX in this article, and said he wanted to very badly for the F1 supercar to have a Honda engine, but ended up "settling" for a BMW since Honda refused to make it at the time. Honda - The Power of Dreams Toyota on the other hand joined F1 in the 21st century, seemingly just to say they could do it and, ahem... NASCAR, I needn't say any more after that. :)

Old 07-03-2008, 02:29 PM
Not only are Hondas all that but boring too...

I Am Jack's Smirking Revenge.

Old 07-03-2008, 02:57 PM
Troll?

Originally Posted by Nigal
Not only are Hondas all that but boring too...

I Am Jack's Smirking Revenge.
Are you here just to troll, or do you genuinely have anything to contribute?

Remember, this is a Honda Fit site. You might be more at home over at YarisWorld.com.

Last edited by jrlnc; 07-03-2008 at 03:07 PM.
Old 07-03-2008, 04:27 PM
I'm not trolling and yes I do contribute. I came to FitWorld to read about real life experiences and opinions about the Fit in hopes of garnering information as to weather I want to buy one. I like the comparison section of the forums and generally only post here. Now granted my expressing my own opinion that I find most Hondas boring (except for the Fit and some Civics) may not be seen as constructive. If my opinions are that bothersome I apologize.

Boy, you Honda boys sure earn your reputations.

Old 07-03-2008, 04:30 PM
5 Year Member
Ya, tell that to anyone trying to get their hands on a Fit when they first hit the market!! I was living in KC when I bought mine and I still waited more than 2 months for mine. In fact, I had to put down $500 to even TEST DRIVE it...and keep anyone else from test driving it. I was told that between the time mine came in and when I got down to the lot to pick it up, they already had 3 offers to buy it for more than sticker. Coulda had my pick of Yaris', XA's, XB's, or Carolla's though....there were plenty on the lots up there.

Old 07-03-2008, 04:48 PM
If we "Honda boys" are living up to our reputation, so what? This is a HONDA forum. Does being a Toyota fan boy make you somehow superior? Oh and by all means Hondas are boring compared to Toyotas, I mean man I just long for a Solara, I've always wanted to drive a motorized manatee. OH and the Corolla, the way the front end looks like an anorexic woman about to eat her first lollipop, oh man. New Matrix? Put a peep in the microwave and you got a model version of it for your desk! Seriously dude, I don't think so, your company has nothing on ours, so what if they can sell more cars? It just proves my theory that most people are stupid. I hate Toyotas :vtec:

Old 07-03-2008, 05:06 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
and why is some nagoyan (toyota) fan here? this is for the tokyo family.

get outta here nagoyan, you japanese redneck. :wavey: :D ;)

Old 07-03-2008, 11:48 PM
Originally Posted by Nigal
Boy, you Honda boys sure earn your reputations.
Boy, are you a raging faggot.

I happen to think Toyotas are nice cars too, this isn't me being biased. I can just flatout tell you have no friends.

Old 07-04-2008, 12:47 AM
Originally Posted by Arashi
Toyotas blow, no personality whatsoever...
That's one of the gripes I consisently see when reading the road tests in Car and Driver. Toyota has essentially sanitized the "fun to drive" factor out of the latest generation of many of their cars. They aren't the only one voicing that opinion. Maybe that's the distinction from their Scion brand.

BTW, Nigal, how many Toyotas are on the "10 Best" list? How many Hondas?

Old 07-04-2008, 01:01 AM
5 Year Member
Everyone change your tampons already. Jeez.

Obviously brandA's automotive penis is bigger than brandB's.

I make a motion to remove all irrelevant posts, which unfortunately make up more than half of this thread. All in favor say "aye".

Old 07-04-2008, 11:11 AM
When I decided to get a Fit last January, I had to wait for a week to get the color I want. Had to settle for the NHBP. The cerritos toyota/scion dealership at the adjacent lot has got a lot of xd's of varied colors. Correct me if Im wrong, maybe its just because the car is a direct import from Japan. Enjoyed driving my Fit

Old 07-04-2008, 11:25 AM
5 Year Member
nigal, i don't agree with you, but your fight club quote made me smile.;)

as far as this list goes, it think its crap.

the civic being hard to get? the corolla? yaris? these are all cars that are volume sellers that toyota and honda have NO issues getting out to the general public.

the fit is special. don't ever let anyone tell you otherwise.:)

Old 07-04-2008, 12:04 PM
5 Year Member
Toyota hasn't made anything good since the Supra. Why they stopped that, I don't know. Remember the days of the Z vs. RX7 vs. Supra? The good old days. I hate Toyota anyway.

Quick Reply: Fit #7 on list of hardest-to-get cars