Other Car Related Discussions Discuss all other cars here.

Toyota Fj Cruiser "trail Teams" Edition

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 06:18 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Toyota Fj Cruiser "trail Teams" Edition

This is a new package offered from Toyota, price is bumped up but it comes with lots of extra's. What do you guys think?

Old 03-14-2008, 06:19 PM
5 Year Member
Eh. Its ok. I actually like the two tone regular model tonka truck look better though.

Old 03-14-2008, 06:25 PM
5 Year Member
love it. seen it in person

Old 03-14-2008, 06:26 PM
Retired Moderator
HOT! I love FJ's, one of my favorite, if not my favorite current Toyota! I just think they look super aggressive, and like nothing else on the road. Plus its a Toyota, so you know your getting something better then the American made junk called Jeep.
I went out riding MX after a big rain this winter and the place was a HUGE mud pit, there was even a river running through lol. What did we see, More off-road 4x4's then bikes haha. It was cool to watch! But most were old peices of crap. Except for 2 FJ's thrashin out in the mud with all the old lifted 4x4's. Thats what its meant to do, and it does it well unlike some of the new Jeeps. One was stock and one was lifted with tires and looked super nice! From then on ive loved the FJ! Plus they are not big and bloated, they are perfect size!

Tyler

Old 03-14-2008, 06:27 PM
5 Year Member
I like it.Want one but with gas costing so much I passed.

Old 03-14-2008, 06:30 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Dosn't help that is sucks back premium fuel much either, lol

This Trail Teams one is supposed to have a lot of extra gadgets and add ons for off-roading. I am having a hard time finding what exactly it has over the base models.

Old 03-14-2008, 08:26 PM
5 Year Member
Although I don't doubt it's prowess on off-road applications, I just think they look down right silly. And I usually find it surprising that many people disagree with me lol.

Old 03-14-2008, 08:47 PM
5 Year Member
DO NOT WANT!!

mainly the only differences are all white paintjob, black mirrors bumper trim, front and rear skidplates, side rock guards. still gets terrible mileage. also, special edition floormats.

<----- works for toyota.

you could build any FJ cruiser that way. all the FJ's use the same parts LOL. part numbers are all the same.

Old 03-14-2008, 08:49 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
Dosn't help that is sucks back premium fuel much either, lol

This Trail Teams one is supposed to have a lot of extra gadgets and add ons for off-roading. I am having a hard time finding what exactly it has over the base models.
yeah man. this is just a way for toyota to sell more cars. hey, IT'S SPECIAL!! lol. all the accessories on this trail teams FJ can be added to any fj

Old 03-30-2008, 03:36 PM
Sat in one yesterday... pretty interesting car. Gigantic blind-spot :D Door handle to get into the backseats via suicide doors badly place (it's on the inisde of the door as opposed to the width of the door like most other sane designs).

And the silly stickers in the cupholder built into the inside of the suicide doors that says something to the effect of "only closed bottles, no open lid cups" hee hee. Apparently they designed the suicide door in such a way that it opens at a weird angle.

Old 03-30-2008, 03:46 PM
5 Year Member
yeah, the fj is more novelty than anything. that pig gets TERRIBLE mileage.

Old 03-30-2008, 04:00 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by un_designer
Sat in one yesterday... pretty interesting car. Gigantic blind-spot :D Door handle to get into the backseats via suicide doors badly place (it's on the inisde of the door as opposed to the width of the door like most other sane designs).

And the silly stickers in the cupholder built into the inside of the suicide doors that says something to the effect of "only closed bottles, no open lid cups" hee hee. Apparently they designed the suicide door in such a way that it opens at a weird angle.
That is my biggest beef with it as well, that giant blind spot! I am not fond of the suicide doors either, it never fails if you have friends that get in they shut the main door, then try to close the suicide door after and badly damage the paint job.

I thought the Trail Teams edition has a locking differential over the base model as well. :confused: They list it as an extra, but I don't know for sure.

Old 03-30-2008, 04:02 PM
5 Year Member
lol. the new highlander is terrible as well. i almost backed into someone at work. TERRIBLE blindspot. there is an optional backup camera though, but i don't trust it

Old 03-30-2008, 04:16 PM
Originally Posted by solbrothers
lol. the new highlander is terrible as well. i almost backed into someone at work. TERRIBLE blindspot. there is an optional backup camera though, but i don't trust it
I am beginning to think that car manufacturers are purposely designing cars with these blind spots to start making people buy the optional built-in cameras. The new Scion xB has a giant blindspot also, and what's being used for that space??? a silly tiny little storage bin. :rolleyes: