Other Car Related Discussions Discuss all other cars here.

2008 Hyundai Accent v Fit

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 12:58 PM
"if that driver is not you, than just move on. join another forum.":D

MOVE ON:popc: .......

Old 02-20-2008, 02:28 PM
i drive an accent, and can't take a joke.... cry me a river, build a bridge and get the f*** over it. hyundai...nuff said.

Old 02-20-2008, 03:30 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by PR fit
"if that driver is not you, than just move on. join another forum.":D

MOVE ON:popc: .......

couldn't have said it better myself.;)

Old 02-20-2008, 07:25 PM
Originally Posted by litesong
PR fit...Swearing foolish people should remain idle.
LOL.

So how much research did you do before you bought your car? Errrr I mean your wifes car?
On a side note who the hell is giving this guy rep power?

Last edited by MarkB; 02-20-2008 at 07:30 PM.
Old 02-20-2008, 09:27 PM
Originally Posted by PR fit
Well.... For one he started atacking MarkB for a little joke...

Two... he is trying to slam the fit and say that his Hyunadi is the best thing since sliced bread....

He can have his mentaly challenged opion, but dont start talking smak to another member of our forum that he's not even apart of...

so he can "jog on"
Dude if your going to at least defend the FIT, read your post. Spell Check owns you. LMAO, sorry that was funny:popc: :D

Old 02-20-2008, 10:29 PM
MY bad, i missedededddd spelledzzz werrddddszzzz:D

Old 02-22-2008, 04:27 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by MarkB
LOL.

this is such a good question.

there are literally tons of members here on this forum with rep, and i look at their posts, even past posts and am simply flabbergasted (sorry, never get to use that one!:D ) at the things that they post. its ridiculous. there are some great peeps running around here with legit things to say, have a ton of posts, and have no rep.:confused:

i've joined some interesting forums, but i've never seen this phenomenon to this extent except on fit freak.

and there is a bad habit of not returning rep.

/rant over/.

Old 07-06-2008, 03:44 AM
My wife's been driving her Hyundai Accent to work in a mix of stop & go highway, city, country & speed limit highway driving. She's been averaging 32+MPG, no squeaks, creaks, or rattles, & 100% functioning. She loves it.

I was disappointed in the MPG, thinking she would have gotten better if we had bought the Honda Fit. Lately, I was fortunately able to take it on some trips including 1400, 3000, 4000, & 5500 foot mountain passes, E. Washington in 101 degree temperatures & Mt. Rainier. Not expecting the best MPG because of what seemed my wife's mediocre experience, the Accent gave 41.5, 42.6 & 45.1 MPG going thru those low to moderate mountain passes!

I was not expecting good MPG even on flat highway trips, but such grand MPG on full-blown mountain passes has me quite dazzled.

Old 07-06-2008, 04:23 AM
This thing got drug back from the dead...

Glad that Hyundai is working out for you. I have to add my two cents for anyone just coming into this thread. I had an Accent as a rental car back in Feb. or March. It was a perfectly adequate washing machine on 4 wheels. No fuss, no nonsense, no fun. The complaints I remember: buzzy engine, tiny back set, and worthless cargo space (4 door).

For my own dollars, I gladly spent the premium on the Fit.

Old 07-06-2008, 05:22 AM
5 Year Member
yea hyundais were known to be crap for some time, and the accent is too...but im actually diggin the new tiburon, i actually got to drive the new SE model and its not bad at all, i was kinda shocked to tell you the truth with the 6 gears and nice leather interior...price was a little steep compared to the civic si, but still nonetheless a pretty decent ride for the money

Old 07-07-2008, 10:06 PM
I didn't shop the Accent, but I shop it's sibling, the Rio SX5. The Rio, and by function, the Accent, seemed cramped. It isn't as much fun as the Fit either, but the Rio is a respectable car. I wanted a car brand with a better long-term reliability record, however, and that drove my decision. A lot of cars can be trouble-free for 5 or 6 years; it's those later years that add up. I have the repair bills for a Sentra to remind me of that. Hyundai has improved over the last years, and their buyout of Kia made that brand relevant, so they have come a long way. I just needed something with a better track record that had positive reviews and made me happy on the test drive.

If a person, on this forum or another, is happy their Fit, Accent, Yaris, or whatever, that's great. I just got out of a car where the griping on the forum far outweighed the positives. As long as you're thrilled with your car, that's all you should really care about.

Old 07-08-2008, 04:10 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by litesong
Honda Fit superior to Accents? I'll let you believe that, since we have an extra $4000+ in the bank drawing interest. Superiority complexes over a lifetime can get pretty expensive tho. My 20 year old Ford Festiva (a Kia car who Hyundai bought years ago) averaging 45MPG may last another 10 years. Not too bad for an 'inferior' car.
Hahahaha, your Accent depreciated at least 6000$ in value the second you drove it off the lot. I hope you get a good return on your 4000$ in the bank (this hypothetical money which you probably don't have anyway) because your going to need it when the transmission goes. Maybe you can custom build a CVT for it later? :rotfl:

Originally Posted by Buck
I didn't shop the Accent, but I shop it's sibling, the Rio SX5. The Rio, and by function, the Accent, seemed cramped. It isn't as much fun as the Fit either, but the Rio is a respectable car. I wanted a car brand with a better long-term reliability record, however, and that drove my decision. A lot of cars can be trouble-free for 5 or 6 years; it's those later years that add up. I have the repair bills for a Sentra to remind me of that. Hyundai has improved over the last years, and their buyout of Kia made that brand relevant, so they have come a long way. I just needed something with a better track record that had positive reviews and made me happy on the test drive.

If a person, on this forum or another, is happy their Fit, Accent, Yaris, or whatever, that's great. I just got out of a car where the griping on the forum far outweighed the positives. As long as you're thrilled with your car, that's all you should really care about.
I agree, the Rio is the closest rival to the Fit. When I looked at my Kia options before choosing the Fit I checked out the Rio (same price). Basically the cheap plastic interior, bland styling and crap handeling put me off, although I liked that it had full disc brakes and heated mirrors.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 07-08-2008 at 04:13 PM.
Old 07-10-2008, 10:38 PM
Banned
Congrats

It's great that you are enjoying your Accent that is good for you but if all you aim to do is take advantage of people that are trying to spread info for the benefit of others then you just should keep your mouth shut( or fingers of your keyboard). Honestly show some respect.

FYI: Hyundai's are nice value packed vehicles, they are just not something a driving enthusiast would choose.

Old 07-10-2008, 10:44 PM
my mom was down between a new civic and a Accent. i simply toldher id never talk to her again lol... she was gonna get a black fit but decided she didnt want the same car as me lol

Old 07-14-2008, 08:25 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by MarkB
LOL.
There..... took me two times... but I fixed that :D