Other Car Related Discussions Discuss all other cars here.

2008 Hyundai Accent v Fit

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 08:24 AM
Haha, I have been lurking on these forums for several weeks and soaking up the knowledge from here. One thing I have to say is you guys crack me up, all you fitfreak members. This is the second thread I have read where everyone becomes so defensive of the car and its like a gang. We quickly kill off anyone who comes here and speaks badly about the car. lol Don't get me wrong, I am not complaining at all. Just thought it was amusing. I am a Fit owner myself, and I would never trade it for a car in the same range.

Old 02-08-2008, 11:33 AM
For me, the two aren't really in the same class because of the $4,000 price difference. I would love to own a fit, but I dont know if I can justify financing that much extra money.

Old 02-08-2008, 12:29 PM
No need to get all defensive guys. I mean I wouldn't consider a Accent or a Caliber but thats me. If you have a bad experience at one dealership that does not mean you can't go to another one. I personally had a great experience buying my Honda's. Thinking you got an extra 4k in the bank is not a way to think about it either. Check out the resale value of the Caliber and the Accent, probably bring a tear to your eye. Not KBB or Edmunds either. You need the blackbook value (what dealerships use). But if you are happy with your cars glad to hear it. Oh the best part about the Fit is the handling and aftermarket support.:D

Old 02-08-2008, 12:46 PM
5 Year Member
the reason previous posters got defensive is because he was on a FIT forum and talking trash.

it's insanely bad taste to do that, in my opinion.

i was looking at a yaris before the fit, but just because i decided against one doesn't mean i'm going onto yarisworld.com and talking trash about it, it's just plain rude.

and if that's me being defensive, then so be it :D

Old 02-08-2008, 01:26 PM
Yea, I understand. I mean if you let the sales person talk you out of a buy thats your own problem. I'm not getting into the whole argument here, i just found it funny how quick everyone was to react. Personally, if he is happy with his purchase with the Hyundai all the better. I mean, you are a FIT enthusiast, but are you a car enthusiast too? Heh, so how about them Giants?

Old 02-08-2008, 03:56 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by betahack
Yea, I understand. I mean if you let the sales person talk you out of a buy thats your own problem. I'm not getting into the whole argument here, i just found it funny how quick everyone was to react. Personally, if he is happy with his purchase with the Hyundai all the better. I mean, you are a FIT enthusiast, but are you a car enthusiast too? Heh, so how about them Giants?
oh i agree, it sucks that some of the people on here were not as happy with their fits as most of us are, so if he likes the accent better, that's awesome.

personally i'm a late-bloomer to all this car stuff, so i've been learning more about cars overall since i got my fit. i just don't think it's fair to talk too much crap other other cars especially if you haven't owned it (it's the same logic as i can talk all the crap i want about my mom but if YOU talk about my mom, that's a problem :D haha)

so yeah...thems giants are something, huh? :p

Old 02-08-2008, 10:11 PM
As I have always said to anybody who doesn't like Hondas, "Your company make F1 cars?" And in the rare case they say yes, you can always say "Well how are their robots, airplanes, lawnmowers, jetskis, generators, outboard motors, and weedeaters doing?" Oh, that's right, they don't have the engineering power to do all of that, plus make them all so they are reliable as a wood burning stove, smile and walk away. :p

Old 02-09-2008, 05:51 AM
hyundai has made leaps and bounds in the past ten years. with the new genesis concept hopefully coming to fruition theyre starting to compete with the big boys.

their marketing team is also doing a great job of conveying a new image for the company. and hyundais have the best factory warranty out there from my understanding (100k mi).

the thing is, people are so quick to dismiss a car simply because of its badge. or judge a car because it is a less popular brand. subaru? holds a very small margin of the car market, but they rank up there with honda and toyota with reliability and quality of cars, somuchso that toyota invested in the company.

i cant say i wouldnt buy a hyundai accent, because i never drove it. but like most of us on these boards, we've done our research and we knew what car we wanted. it only helped a little that the cars gotten numerous car of the year awards and outperforms all the cars in its class.

it isnt as prevalent here as it is over at the yaris toyotanation forums, where they get hostile whenever someone says anything bad about their cars. a lot of them actually say theyll never drive a honda, and stick to toyota. my parents are die hard toyota enthusiasts. i got my dad to drive my wrx when i had it, and a week later he was looking through the classifieds for a used WRX to buy. hes also driven my fit and couldnt get enough of the paddle shifters.

some people swear by hyundais. nothing wrong with that. swearing by a company like mercury...thats another story.

Old 02-09-2008, 11:15 AM
Well. Resale Value has to come from something.

Old 02-18-2008, 10:28 AM
The main reason that i posted what i posted was: :popc:

1. He started attacking MarkB for alittle joke.

2. Then calling people "Dingleberry" on OUR forums when he doesnt have a fit.. no no no not hear.. i will defend anyone on OUR forum from any kinda of a attack. just like i defend OUR country everytime i get deployed to Iraq. Yes OUR club is a "Gang" a fun loven Smart buying Gang...:)

3.Cry me a river "i didnt like the honda sales guy"... so what, buying a new car is always in some way a fight. buy some where else
4. then says his accent is a better value then the fit...Ha ha LOL.. :rotfl:

If he or other poeple like the accent thats fine,,, BUT DONT COME HEAR AND START TALKEN SMAK..

pip_rocks FTW!!!!!:D

MarkB FTW!!!!:D

Giants FTW!!!!:D

Old 02-18-2008, 04:26 PM
If you like the Hyundai Accent you should also look at the Kia Rio5 as well. It is basically the same car except that it has 5 doors instead of 3 making it better value. However in CR the Hyundai Accent gets below average owner satisfaction and just average reliability. The Honda Fit gets well above average owner satisfaction and well above average reliability. This is based on millions of test surveys CR does. Personally, i can't make up my mind between the Honda Fit and the Mazda3 sport. If the Honda Fit had a little more ride comfort I would buy it for sure. Or, if the Mazda3 sport had better fuel economy I would buy it for sure. It may in the end boil down to cost since i would be using it for mostly business purposes.

Old 02-19-2008, 01:55 AM
5 Year Member
:rotfl:

lol PR fit, my first shout out!!! :D

Old 02-19-2008, 03:55 AM
Originally Posted by kenchan
there are a lot of guys here that bought the FitSport because it's a
very capable fun little carguy's toy that we can kick around throughout
the seasons; not because we can't afford other more expensive cars.

that being said, we dont even usually look at cars in this price range
unless we consistently hear great things about a particular car or see
a car on the road that is eye catching. i didn't know wat an Accent
even looked like until just a moment ago when i ran a search. im not
too familiar what other cars are available in this price range cause
honestly, i don't care. :rolleyes: i was only looking at the FitSport in silver
or black.

my point is that the FitSport has the fun factor of cars costing much
more. mods are inexpensive too, and i can confirm from experience
that you dont need expensive parts to make this car even more fun
to own. modding is not about throwing good money away on overkill
parts; it's about spending just enough to maximize the potential of
the ride for its application.

so if you can't tell the difference between an enthusiast's microwgn
and some ecnobox then more to ya for getting the Hyundai. i think
you made the right choice for your lifestyle. you maximized your
money for your application.
I'm an enthusiast...and I wouldn't call a small econobox 4 door that has Honda pricing an "enthusiast's option." Come on now...I really like Hondas and their cars but this is going a bit too far and is being a tad pompous.

I would like to own a Fit...but I'm not going to pitch it as a car that I'm "doing myself a favor" as a enthusiast when buying it.

Last edited by Climatologist; 02-19-2008 at 04:02 AM.
Old 02-19-2008, 04:01 AM
Originally Posted by MarkB
Well. Resale Value has to come from something.
Yes it comes from years of reputation...which I am sure, just like any other successful car manufacturer, Hyundai can earn if it continues to make cars for a few years like it is making now.

Old 02-20-2008, 11:13 AM
Well, my Dingleberry remark to MarkB had nothing to do with Accent superiority over Honda. It had everything to do with MarkB's 'nose up in the air' comment about my wife.

I like the Honda Fit & wish we could have afforded one. MarkB had no reason to say what he did except for some personal idea of superiority. Well, I corrected him...promptly!

Old 02-20-2008, 11:47 AM
Your still hear ....???? WTF:confused:

litesong;

What markb said in a reply to your post was in no way an attack on your wife nor was it intened to hurt you in anyway....read it again!!!!!!!!!!
what he said in the real world is called a JOKE.... for you to start calling people names and talking smak among our members will lead to attacks provoked buy you....

"So I gather your woman can't buy her own car eh? ;) "

Old 02-20-2008, 12:02 PM
PR fit...Your cloaked swearing doesn't help your explanation at all.

Old 02-20-2008, 12:08 PM
If you want i can spell it out for you!!!

why dont you "promptly!" end your post and go and drive your accent...

and lets end this... and keep this on topic.. whata say

Old 02-20-2008, 12:27 PM
PR fit...Swearing foolish people should remain idle.

Old 02-20-2008, 12:33 PM
5 Year Member
I think the problem here is that people have a hard time realizing that he didn't insult the fit...just a honda salesman. so all the 'don't talk trash on the fit' is simply useless...because thats not what is being done. (and come on guys, we all know what makes the fit great, make a logical comeback with some info, it makes you look so much more legit than just calling someone a name.)

dismissing a car for the bad dealership experience? happens all to often.

but, for example, no matter how rude the dealer, i'd still always love any car i had my heart set on, the engineers and designers have nothing to do with the dealership.

as far as the fit being superior...well lets face it folks, from a performance standpoint, it is. there are plenty of tests out there that prove it.

is that not a priority? oh ok. thats where cars like the hyundai accent come in. a decent car for a small amount of cash.

but 4k in the bank isn't worth a boring daily driver to a lot of people.

and that is what differentiates hyundai guys from hondaphiles: sporting intent.

no, i doubt sport car enthsiasts that own lambo's and porsches are shopping their local honda dealer for a fit...but if they had a gun held to their throat, i'm sure that the fit would be the one that they'd choose if they had to choose between a b segment car.

the accent SE is hyundai trying to be sporty...yeah they have come a long way, i will give them that, but performance is simply not in their blood like it is with honda. there is no denying that either. value is their game, and they play it well. hondas are for a different type of driver. if that driver is not you, than just move on. join another forum.

i don't think its right for us honda guys to be talking trash on hyundais in general though, because deep down, you know that you really have no basis for your claims, just what consumer reports says. would i own one? no, not over a honda at least. but the reason for that is due to the qualities that honda infuses their cars with...qualities that most hyundais don't give me, hence my choice.

there is a way for us to co-exist people. but in the same way that i think its wrong for us honda guys to conclude the level of suck in hyundai's, its wrong for hyundai guys to blame people for opting for a more expensive honda for obvious reasons.

Quick Reply: 2008 Hyundai Accent v Fit