Other Car Related Discussions Discuss all other cars here.

Xb2? What To Do!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 06:56 PM
Originally Posted by s0x
the original box didnt have fold down seats and the new one got them except now they suck cuz the extra room went to the engine bay.
The orginal boxy xb does have fold down rear seats. Not sure who told you they didnt??? or perhaps im reading this wrong? If i am please forgive me.

But the rear seats do infact fold down. My friend had one and we fit 4 rims and 4 tires in the rear conpartment when we were going to have them mounted. They were 16x9's and fit perfectly front and back on the xb. He took alot of time getting the perfect offset for his wheels. Turned out nice.

Old 07-10-2007, 07:02 PM
Retired Moderator
Ended up with the Fit and very happy with my decision! Better gas mileage, more fun to drive, more airbags, and way better looking is the Fit!

Old 07-11-2007, 03:24 AM
s0x
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Mattec
The orginal boxy xb does have fold down rear seats. Not sure who told you they didnt??? or perhaps im reading this wrong? If i am please forgive me.

But the rear seats do infact fold down. My friend had one and we fit 4 rims and 4 tires in the rear conpartment when we were going to have them mounted. They were 16x9's and fit perfectly front and back on the xb. He took alot of time getting the perfect offset for his wheels. Turned out nice.
ya that was my bad when i went to test drive the old xb last year i asked if the seats came out or stow and goed and he said no i come to find out later that they did so it makes me mad that thats the case lol but such is life and i dont want a used car

Old 07-11-2007, 01:25 PM
Father of the Wasteland
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by fazzster
No brainer....get the Honda. Toyota's have no soul.....
Sorry buddy. But ST185>WRX. don't believe me World Rally Championship - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

47 victories Subaru 43 Toyota. Toyota stopped competing in the mid-90s. Subaru still competes and only have 4 more victories, thats in 10yrs that toyota hasn't been in.

ouch!

oh and lets not forget MkI and MkII Mr2s, all gen Supras, Cressidas (with a 7mgte swap of coarse) Celica alltracs, AE86, FX16's, AE101's, AE111's, and of coarse the x-runner. Oh and Lotus uses Toyota motors in the Elise,Exige,and Exige S

No soul huh?

oh and i like the new Camrys and XD but nto a fan of the new Xb

Old 07-11-2007, 06:26 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by s0x
ya that was my bad when i went to test drive the old xb last year i asked if the seats came out or stow and goed and he said no i come to find out later that they did so it makes me mad that thats the case lol but such is life and i dont want a used car
sOx-
The older model Xb rear seats fold down, but not flat like the seats do in the Fit. The Xb rear seat backs slant upward quite a bit when folded, but the rear area still holds a LOT. We carried our dead clothes dryer in the back of our '06 Xb to the local dump/recycling center, and the rear hatch was closed.

Last edited by manxman; 07-11-2007 at 06:28 PM. Reason: add comment
Old 07-12-2007, 09:01 AM
My friend ended up getting a xB2 after 2 weeks of debating :(

Old 07-12-2007, 01:09 PM
All I can say to help you, is it won't match up to a Honda. I have had all honda's, and tried an xB. It just didn't make me happy, I was not impressed...so here I am, setting up to get a fit.

Old 07-12-2007, 03:25 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by serinammavongsa
i agree with him about getting the Honda
but i disagree about Toyotas having no soul, have you ever been to an all toyota meet:D they are so sweet
They are sweet but everyone there will be sporting a car that's a decade old, because they all also know that modern Toyotas have no soul.

Old 07-12-2007, 03:29 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Ricepuddin
Sorry buddy. But ST185>WRX. don't believe me World Rally Championship - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

47 victories Subaru 43 Toyota. Toyota stopped competing in the mid-90s. Subaru still competes and only have 4 more victories, thats in 10yrs that toyota hasn't been in.

ouch!

oh and lets not forget MkI and MkII Mr2s, all gen Supras, Cressidas (with a 7mgte swap of coarse) Celica alltracs, AE86, FX16's, AE101's, AE111's, and of coarse the x-runner. Oh and Lotus uses Toyota motors in the Elise,Exige,and Exige S

No soul huh?

oh and i like the new Camrys and XD but nto a fan of the new Xb
The 10 years without racing counts against your claims, not for them.

Want to know why Toyota sells their engines to Lotus instead of building their own sports car? Because it makes business sense. That's not soul.

Old 07-12-2007, 05:10 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by watermelonman
They are sweet but everyone there will be sporting a car that's a decade old, because they all also know that modern Toyotas have no soul.
Heehee, the VW forums say the same thing about Hondas... :D snicker snicker

Buy -> drive -> junk yard ... what soul? :p

Old 07-13-2007, 01:47 PM
in a sense that can be said about toyotas, there newer models dont have any "soul"......they need to bring there celicas back and supras and such...i think thats what kept them in the whole import scene, but now...at this moment there isnt a toyota vehicle that i would want to "tune up"....all of them are family sedans:(

Old 07-13-2007, 02:49 PM
5 Year Member
I actually like the look of the new xB. You drivers of the fit should be more open minded.. many think the Fit is fugly! until they see it around more.. myself and gf included hahah

Old 07-13-2007, 02:56 PM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by serinammavongsa
in a sense that can be said about toyotas, there newer models dont have any "soul"......they need to bring there celicas back and supras and such...i think thats what kept them in the whole import scene, but now...at this moment there isnt a toyota vehicle that i would want to "tune up"....all of them are family sedans:(
Good point there isnt a real sporty Toyota at the moment. Im sure in the next few years they will come out with a all new Celica. I think scion has replaced a big part of Toyota sportyness, Toyota "sports" cars are scions at the moment.

Old 07-13-2007, 06:25 PM
looking at the new xb i wanna puke. The bastardized a good thing with the way the old xb looked. Now its looks bulkier and uglier than what already was. Im going fit and im probably gonna get a fit soon within the week

Old 07-13-2007, 06:38 PM
I will have to agree with the newer toyotas not having much "soul", however even without their "soul" they have managed to become #1 in car sales, finally beating out GM. So from a buisness aspect toyota is doing something right.

I believe toyota has slowly changed its image to become more of a "Quality, decent priced, reliable family car" and has moved away from the sporty image. With their last sporty car being the MRS spyder that has now been discountinued, i think this decision has been finalized.

I think that the scion brand name will now carry toyotas more sportier cars that are targeted towards the younger crowd. However i have heard rumors about a concept supra that is v8 powered. Not sure if the project got canned or if it was just a rumor. If they brought back the supra under the toyota brand or even the MR2 or MRS with a new body design and a turbo or supercharged option, then my theory would be thrown out the window. lol

BTW: my fit will arrive at the dealer early next week...i hope! :D

Old 07-18-2007, 05:28 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by xorbe
Heehee, the VW forums say the same thing about Hondas... :D snicker snicker

Buy -> drive -> junk yard ... what soul? :p
I thought VWs went straight from dealer to junk yard.

Old 07-19-2007, 01:15 AM
Father of the Wasteland
5 Year Member
The 10 years without racing counts against your claims, not for them.

Want to know why Toyota sells their engines to Lotus instead of building their own sports car? Because it makes business sense. That's not soul.
It hasn't been 10 years since Toyota raced Toyota currently participates in the following:

NASCAR(yes i know nascar sucks)
CORR
WSORR
NASCAR Truck series
USAC
NHRA
Rolex Sports Car Series

The IS 350 is a bad ass looking car that im sure a will be tunable very soon (like the past IS's)

The IS-F is 5.0L V8 that will boast 400hp. Yes is a Lexus but Lexus is made by Toyota. Luxury sport... so there goes your theory about no sports car.

As far as the Lotus thing. Toyota and lotus have been business partners since the 80's. It ended because GM bought Lotus but reemerged when Lotus decided to use the 2zz-ge in the newer models.

I agree Toyota need a new sports car that doesn't branch to Lexus... Oh and the last couple Toyota meets ive gone to have had boosted Camry's, supercharged XRS's and supercharged TC's

Old 08-04-2007, 01:06 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Ricepuddin
It hasn't been 10 years since Toyota raced
Right. I didn't say that; you did, about one particular form of racing, in a misguided attempt to bolster your claims.

Toyota currently participates in the following:

NASCAR(yes i know nascar sucks)
CORR
WSORR
NASCAR Truck series
USAC
NHRA
Rolex Sports Car Series
No, Toyota does not participate in all of these. Calling the fact that some CORR team uses the beat up shell of a Toyota pickup some kind of corporate involvement is about is correct as calling some 7000hp nitro burning dragster a Solara.

NASCAR? The only thing Toyota has accomplished in NASCAR is setting new records in cheating.

I notice that you leave out F1. Is that because Toyota's F1 efforts are so pathetic that they can't even win with a Schumacher driving for them?

The IS 350 is a bad ass looking car that im sure a will be tunable very soon (like the past IS's)

The IS-F is 5.0L V8 that will boast 400hp. Yes is a Lexus but Lexus is made by Toyota. Luxury sport... so there goes your theory about no sports car.
It's not a theory, it's a fact. The IS is a land yacht that will much sooner be called a GT than any sort of sports car. I don't know if you got the memo, but sports cars are not defined by horsepower.

As far as the Lotus thing. Toyota and lotus have been business partners since the 80's. It ended because GM bought Lotus but reemerged when Lotus decided to use the 2zz-ge in the newer models.
Who cares about the business history? The point is that Toyota doesn't even use their best sport components to build cars, they sell them as a vendor. The priority is on profit, not excitement.

I agree Toyota need a new sports car that doesn't branch to Lexus... Oh and the last couple Toyota meets ive gone to have had boosted Camry's, supercharged XRS's and supercharged TC's
Wait a minute, some Camry owner installed a turbo? I take it all back! You're right! Toyota is a sports car powerhouse. That Corolla wagon may just be the next big thing in F1.

Old 08-04-2007, 02:04 PM
Honda Fit Forums Moderator
Haha this is getting heated! A friend of mine drives a first gen XB and I really like it. As for the new Scions I like the fact that you can get tons of TRD and aftermarket goodies for the 2007's right from the dealership. I wish Honda made some more performance parts to compete on that front. We should be able to buy HFP strut bars and braces, bigger wheels and ICE components :) Well I guess Honda isn't really going for the young adult demographic like Toyota is?

I mean wtf you can get TV's in the headrests right from scion!! :p

Old 08-04-2007, 02:53 PM
Father of the Wasteland
5 Year Member
Right. I didn't say that; you did, about one particular form of racing, in a misguided attempt to bolster your claims.

No, Toyota does not participate in all of these. Calling the fact that some CORR team uses the beat up shell of a Toyota pickup some kind of corporate involvement is about is correct as calling some 7000hp nitro burning dragster a Solara.

NASCAR? The only thing Toyota has accomplished in NASCAR is setting new records in cheating.

I notice that you leave out F1. Is that because Toyota's F1 efforts are so pathetic that they can't even win with a Schumacher driving for them?

It's not a theory, it's a fact. The IS is a land yacht that will much sooner be called a GT than any sort of sports car. I don't know if you got the memo, but sports cars are not defined by horsepower.

Who cares about the business history? The point is that Toyota doesn't even use their best sport components to build cars, they sell them as a vendor. The priority is on profit, not excitement.

Wait a minute, some Camry owner installed a turbo? I take it all back! You're right! Toyota is a sports car powerhouse. That Corolla wagon may just be the next big thing in F1.
1. Last time i checked TRD was directly involved in the R&D of both there CORR trucks and that Nitro Powered Solara. Correct me if im wrong but those are still Toyota motors powering them

2. I was under the impression that Toyota was leaving F1 so i left it out...

3. I'll give you the land Yacht, so you win that one. Toyota is supposedly working on a few new sports cars for 08 including a RWD 4cly car under 13k kind of like the AE86. But thats all hearsay until they go into production.

4. You missed my point, hell your so far to the right i think your shooting someone else target. My point behind the Camry/Corolla is that there is still a large community that supports and stands behind Toyota . I don't exactly see AP2's or anything F22c powered in F1

My idea of a car companies soul is the people that stand behind it.

Quick Reply: Xb2? What To Do!!!