Other Car Related Discussions Discuss all other cars here.

Fit sport vs Aveo

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 05:58 PM
Fit sport vs Aveo

Technical info~
Fit: Aveo:
hp 109 @ 5800 103 @ 6000
torq 105 @ 4800 107 @ 3600
redline 6500rpms 6500rpms
cc 1497 1598
Comp Ratio 10.4:1 9.5:1
curb weight 2471lbs 2365lbs

It looks pretty equal and seem to be a driver's race....but of course hondas get all the aftermarket, but i was looking around and only noticed it wasnt anything other then bolt-ons (ie. headers, exhausts, and intakes) and braces which any can fab up given the time...while the aveo doesnt really seem to have any big company aftermarket, but there is sort of a secret aftermarket since parts that work for other engines (honda d16 and a commonly tuned vauxhall 1.6L) work in/with the aveo's engine but not many owners know....i figured id put that in there too since i figured someone was bound to bring it up...alright theres the fact, now it is time to discuss :D

Old 01-05-2007, 08:46 PM
June 2007 1st Place Fit of the Month Winner
5 Year Member
lets take it to the track then:p well i dont see the Fit as a drag racer more of a Autox type...good precise handling:cool:

Old 01-05-2007, 08:58 PM
same with the aveo, def not a drag car...id like to see a race at the track....all i have are lower springs on my aveo right now and it handles a ton better...id like to run coilovers in the front but i have to finds one that fit...heck id race my auto aveo against a fit in a couple of months (because i am getting aggressive sport cams with header and full exhaust put on) just to see how they compare...i mentioned it before but our aveo forum is working on some rules and regulations for a b-segment car competition to propose to a company/magazine, just to see where every car stands

Old 01-06-2007, 11:42 AM
5 Year Member
I'm with the others. If you were looking for straight line acceleration, you bought the wrong car.

I've been driving a Mazda Protege5 for the last three years. Can't say I've ever given a thought to which cars I can out-accelerate. But now that I think of it, I can take a Fit, and an Aveo as well. Not much else.

The twisties are where it's at.

Old 01-06-2007, 01:03 PM
the is my second thread where it seems like no one can read...i didnt say i bought it for straight line acceleration, i said i dont want a drag car and id rather take it to a track, like circuit track for time attack or something....i know the aveo rocks on the twisties, when i get board i just hop in my car and take it down every abandon backroad i can find with hills and turns...im sure the fit is the same way...at first i wanted to be fast but now i like the idea of staying within b-segment class to compare and be competitive within the segment

Old 01-18-2007, 10:42 PM
Well, there's no question that the Fit is going to out-handle the Aveo in stock configuration...and even with some severe suspension mods the Aveo will struggle to match the Honda's combination of steering feel, comfort and sheer handling ability. Beyond that, the Fit has the better shifter, clutch feel, build quality, resale value, reliability, and versatile interior.

That being said, I just told on of my friends to go buy an Aveo simply because it does offer so much when you consider the price you can actually get an 06 model out the door for.

Old 01-18-2007, 11:21 PM
5 Year Member
I don't think the Fit sport compares to the Aveo as well as the base Fit compares to the Aveo.

Aveo comes standard with-
DriveTrain
5-speed manual transmission
Suspension
front independent suspension front stabilizer bar
MacPherson strut front suspension torsion beam rear suspension

Tires and Wheels
steel wheels 14 x 5.5 in. wheels
P185/60R14 tires all season tires
NO ABS!

Exterior
Length: 152.7 in. Width: 65.7 in.
Height: 58.8 in. Wheel Base: 97.6 in.
Curb Weight: 2343 lbs.

Performance
Acceleration (0-60 mph): 10.8 sec. Braking Distance (60-0 mph): 127.1 ft.

Base Fit:
Exterior
Length: 157.4 in. Width: 66.2 in.
Height: 60 in. Wheel Base: 96.5 in.
Curb Weight: 2432 lbs

DriveTrain
Suspension

Tires and Wheels
steel wheels 14x5.5 in. wheels
P175/65R14 S tires all season tires

Safety
ventilated front disc / rear drum brakes 4-wheel ABS

The FIT sport costs alot more and has better wheels and tires-
15x6" alloy rims, 195/55-15 tires.

Aveo doesn't come in Automatic transmission.
Probably it's fun to drive and with the right tires it would be OK.
Don't expect lots of performance upgrades but even better wider rims and tires would work well. Fit and finish or stereo would not be as good as the FIT sport and probably the body would not be quite as rigid, leading to some squeaks and rattles sooner or later. Good price on the base Aveo all things considered.

Old 01-18-2007, 11:48 PM
Originally Posted by ichthus
Well, there's no question that the Fit is going to out-handle the Aveo in stock configuration...and even with some severe suspension mods the Aveo will struggle to match the Honda's combination of steering feel, comfort and sheer handling ability. Beyond that, the Fit has the better shifter, clutch feel, build quality, resale value, reliability, and versatile interior.

That being said, I just told on of my friends to go buy an Aveo simply because it does offer so much when you consider the price you can actually get an 06 model out the door for.
well i dunno but there is one way to tell...track times? anyone run at Willow Springs. I know one of the members on our aveo forum runs his aveo there and has a time he wants to compare with the other b-segments

Old 01-19-2007, 12:11 AM
Originally Posted by MINI-Fit
I don't think the Fit sport compares to the Aveo as well as the base Fit compares to the Aveo.

Aveo comes standard with-
DriveTrain
Suspension

Tires and Wheels
steel wheels 14 x 5.5 in. wheels
P185/60R14 tires all season tires
NO ABS!

Exterior
Length: 152.7 in. Width: 65.7 in.
Height: 58.8 in. Wheel Base: 97.6 in.
Curb Weight: 2343 lbs.

Performance
Acceleration (0-60 mph): 10.8 sec. Braking Distance (60-0 mph): 127.1 ft.

Base Fit:
Exterior
Length: 157.4 in. Width: 66.2 in.
Height: 60 in. Wheel Base: 96.5 in.
Curb Weight: 2432 lbs

DriveTrain
Suspension

Tires and Wheels
steel wheels 14x5.5 in. wheels
P175/65R14 S tires all season tires

Safety
ventilated front disc / rear drum brakes 4-wheel ABS

The FIT sport costs alot more and has better wheels and tires-
15x6" alloy rims, 195/55-15 tires.

Don't expect lots of performance upgrades but even better wider rims and tires would work well. Fit and finish or stereo would not be as good as the FIT sport and probably the body would not be quite as rigid, leading to some squeaks and rattles sooner or later. Good price on the base Aveo all things considered.
yea but for the price...i wouldn't go by the chevy site for price because they are selling below that price...people have been getting aveos for 9-10 grand, you couldnt get a fit for that, heck some places you have to wait months to get one....also gas mileage you get is the same despite what the reviews are....the aveo does come with an auto, unless mine is the rare one ;) ...ive said it before, the aveo already has performance parts even before it came out...also we can fit 38mm offset 16x7's with 3inch drops without any rubbing, so we can get pretty wide wheels you could possibly run even wider especially in the back, i dont know what you guys can run but when i look in the wheel section there seems to be alot of threads with wheels rubbing that arent that offset....although the suspension is hella noisy but i don't care because since i started bracing the car and added lowering springs it when away. I also like the fact that the aveo doesnt have abs and drive by wire throttle body because i am actually in direct control on my car and not some comp

Old 01-19-2007, 09:14 AM
you don't want a computer controlling your car so you buy an automatic? I'd take bmw's computer controlled steering before I gave up my manual tranny

Old 01-19-2007, 03:35 PM
I test drove both. If you want to save money and don't really care about handling, resale or aftermarket following then buy the Daewoo. I own 2 GM's and I don't mind saying that the Daewoo doesn't compete. My father in law sell's Pontiac/GMC and I told him that there's no way. Even with the Pontiac version which looks nicer on the interior. The reason you don't see that car in auto mags is the same reason I just gave. Same deal with the Sunfire I drive. I have to make alot of parts myself. and the resale was shit. This is why I kept the SF and now I'm taking it apart.

Old 01-19-2007, 05:10 PM
Originally Posted by ichthus
you don't want a computer controlling your car so you buy an automatic? I'd take bmw's computer controlled steering before I gave up my manual tranny
Ive already said before that i hate the auto and plus i didnt buy the car it was a birthday present and i didnt know how to drive stick then. So my plan is to add power til it breaks and Ill swap in a stronger manual transmission...I can still semi control the shifting with the hold mode on the auto

Old 01-19-2007, 09:46 PM
Originally Posted by MINI-Fit
Aveos come in automatic. My fiance has the sedan in auto, and I drove a rental hatch Aveo for a few days that was auto, as well.

I don't think the Aveo's a bad car, even if it is a Daewoo, though I know it won't have the resale value of a Fit, and it probably isn't as reliable (but, my fiance's Aveo hasn't had any problems in 2.5 years, and his idea of regular maintenance is an oil change, so perhaps it's more durable than I believe it is).

Old 01-19-2007, 11:45 PM
Originally Posted by JessW1982
Aveos come in automatic. My fiance has the sedan in auto, and I drove a rental hatch Aveo for a few days that was auto, as well.

I don't think the Aveo's a bad car, even if it is a Daewoo, though I know it won't have the resale value of a Fit, and it probably isn't as reliable (but, my fiance's Aveo hasn't had any problems in 2.5 years, and his idea of regular maintenance is an oil change, so perhaps it's more durable than I believe it is).
tell him to visit Aveoclub.net :: Index even if he isnt into the car that much always looking for more members....all the car need to run fine is oil changes and 50,000 mi timing belt changes

Old 01-20-2007, 01:02 AM
everybody knows that aveo is a korean car,im not trying to say that korean cars are no good,its just that i cannot compare the quality of HONDA to DAEWOO,a company that filed for BANKRUPTCY because they cannot produce quality cars that people loved to drive,your numbers might be close,but not QUALITY,RELIABILITY & PERFORMANCE,.you only get what you pay for,but in your case its a gift that was given to you,so your lucky that you dont have monthly car payment,the only thing is its just a @#$% korean car.

Old 01-20-2007, 01:39 AM
Originally Posted by boyetssilverfit
everybody knows that aveo is a korean car,im not trying to say that korean cars are no good,its just that i cannot compare the quality of HONDA to DAEWOO,a company that filed for BANKRUPTCY because they cannot produce quality cars that people loved to drive,your numbers might be close,but not QUALITY,RELIABILITY & PERFORMANCE,.you only get what you pay for,but in your case its a gift that was given to you,so your lucky that you dont have monthly car payment,the only thing is its just a @#$% korean car.
ha funny thing is now I am making the monthly payments and I didnt get mine for the cheap price you can get them now because I got one of the first ones and they were lik 14k....heck i wish i could have gotten it during the daewoo buy one get one free deal they had. i dont really consider it a lose to buy something that is crappy stock because no matter if it was crappy or nice I would be taking everything apart, modifying and replacing anything I can with aftermarket parts...stock suspension sucks, who cares everyone braces and replaces with stock suspension with aftermarket.

....like i said before we can compare performance if anyone has raced at willow springs track

Old 01-20-2007, 05:38 PM
Does Aveo has fold down (magic rear seat) as fit?
I don't mind having a Aveo.. it looks cute and well built for its price...
i just went with Honda because it is Honda..;)

Old 01-20-2007, 05:42 PM
Originally Posted by aveosam
ha funny thing is now I am making the monthly payments and I didnt get mine for the cheap price you can get them now because I got one of the first ones and they were lik 14k....heck i wish i could have gotten it during the daewoo buy one get one free deal they had. i dont really consider it a lose to buy something that is crappy stock because no matter if it was crappy or nice I would be taking everything apart, modifying and replacing anything I can with aftermarket parts...stock suspension sucks, who cares everyone braces and replaces with stock suspension with aftermarket.

....like i said before we can compare performance if anyone has raced at willow springs track
nobody wants to race aginst DAEWOO especially in a track,dont you get it?theres no honor to beat a KOREAN car in a race period!!!if you still believe that your DAEWOO can compete then thats you,you can modify as much as you can but you cannot change the FACT that is KOREAN car

Old 01-21-2007, 12:43 AM
Originally Posted by boyetssilverfit
nobody wants to race aginst DAEWOO especially in a track,dont you get it?theres no honor to beat a KOREAN car in a race period!!!if you still believe that your DAEWOO can compete then thats you,you can modify as much as you can but you cannot change the FACT that is KOREAN car
honestly you have no idea what your talking about...who gives a crap if the body is made by daewoo, daewoo doesnt make the engine or trans, it comes from opel/vauxhall...im not trying to act like i want to race porsches, i want to compare the aveo to cars in its group and the fit is in that group....and a way to compare them are to compare track lap times...so unless you have track times from the willow springs track, i dont need your close minded arrogance in here.

....no it doesnt have magic seats, i just took the back seat out and put a bed in there....serves the same purpose as the magic seats :rolleyes:

Old 01-21-2007, 11:01 AM
Dood, if it was soo awesome it wouldn't be 10 grand. Kind of like buying Lucky lager or Heine :)

Quick Reply: Fit sport vs Aveo