Off Topic Discussion Discuss anything that pleases you here.

Hello. My name is Dave and I am a flashaholic.

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2013, 10:47 PM
5 Year Member
Ah fck too late..haha. lucky canadian!!

Old 03-29-2013, 10:55 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by j1nNju1c3
Ah fck too late..haha. lucky canadian!!
Well, if you really want a light that powerful and you are patient, ignore my warning and order from the ad linked in my last post. That guy shipped the same day I placed the order. From testing the 8000 lumen light that I received, this one that is on its way is a very good value- exceptionally well-made.

Understand that the main value of eBay/Pay Pal buyer protection is the guarantee that you will receive something in a transaction. It doesn't guarantee that you will always receive the right item as in my last case (even though the right item actually did show up eventually). If you can prove that you got ripped off in a eBay buy, Pay Pal will cancel the account of the seller.

I looked for over a month to find this "Skyray" 8000 lmn light with the handle, and so far they are not available on Amazon. You can find other ads for this light, but they are still in China and most advertise stock that they don't actually have. If you want this light, best to order direct from China on eBay.

It has been pretty much worth over a month of hassles to finally receive the light- it is exactly what I needed for my purposes.

Old 03-30-2013, 10:07 PM
Banned
Looking forward to that light for sure now.
I got a cellphone / video camera bracket hooked up. I feel just like a youtuber now.
- and people really don't like a camera in their direction.
-- just imagine when I stick 8000 lumen on their sorry azzes aswell. no seriously, join me, all together now:

This car is changing my life, as are you folks, weeeeeeeeee

Old 03-31-2013, 12:21 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by Gra-fit-e
Looking forward to that light for sure now.
I got a cellphone / video camera bracket hooked up. I feel just like a youtuber now.
- and people really don't like a camera in their direction.
-- just imagine when I stick 8000 lumen on their sorry azzes aswell. no seriously, join me, all together now:

This car is changing my life, as are you folks, weeeeeeeeee
Based on my use this last week of your light's twin, I am betting that you will like it a LOT! I keep tracking the shipment, and as far as I can tell, the package still has not left China. Flashlights generally ship via Air Mail once they clear customs in China, and once it leaves, I get a notice in a couple of days that the package has been processed by USPS through the San Francisco facility, next notice is it has cleared San Jose, and the last is that it has arrived at my Post Office. Will PM you when it is here, and again with customs charges to get it across the Canadian border. My paperwork will describe the package as a "gift" to avoid as much duty as possible.

Old 03-31-2013, 12:23 AM
Banned
gift...
that's the magic word I was trying to remember. Good job my dear man!

Old 04-07-2013, 07:49 PM
Banned
Props. to Gra-fit-e

If this member offers to buy something that other members have for sale, or if he offers something for sale, my recent experience with him shows that he means what he says, and acts on his promises.

Thanks for the honesty, [...]. You will have a great quality flashlight in a few days (going out tomorrow morning via First Class Mail).

Gra-fit-e, please post if you had to pay any "customs duty" charges. This would be helpful info. for others in the U.S. selling to Canadian buyers.

Last edited by sam; 04-08-2013 at 01:40 AM. Reason: per request for real name removal
Old 04-08-2013, 12:22 PM
5 Year Member
i think i need another flashlight what u got around bro

Old 04-08-2013, 01:01 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Wafulz
i think i need another flashlight what u got around bro
I still have this one- will sell for what I paid for it, and I will pay Priority Mail shipping to get it to you. Works great. If you imagine light as if it were water, regular flashlights have the output of water through a 1/2" garden hose. The light from this one is like water from a 3" fire hose. BNIB.

Skyray 6000 Lumen 3X CREE XM L XML T6 LED 4X 18650 30W Lamp Flashlight Torch | eBay

Thanks for the iTrader rep., Wafulz!

Last edited by Triskelion; 04-08-2013 at 01:03 PM.
Old 04-08-2013, 01:47 PM
5 Year Member
pm me price shipped plz

does it come with the batterys lol