Off Topic Discussion Discuss anything that pleases you here.

Pacquiao vs Mosley 05/07/11

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2011, 02:33 PM
5 Year Member
It's not yet set in stone, but it's looking good so far. While Golden Boy has the rights to match the fight, it's unlikely that they can combine that kind of a guarantee at that weight (since they were mentioning pitting him with Canelo, even though Marquez criticized him, who couldn't even meet the 150 lb catchweight against Matthew Hatton, so 147 would be a stretch, and the catchweight of 144 would make it even less likely. Ortiz could make the weight, but again, either fight is a gamble for Golden Boy to offer a $5 million guarantee for Marquez. I read that the Eagles have a concert at MGM on the day that they want the fight (supposedly November 5th), but their manager is cool with Arum and was open to switching with them and having the concert on the 12th instead.

Originally Posted by GD3_Wagoon
round 1 was typical, both boxers coming out to gauge each other and find their rhythm. round 2 got a little more aggressive as both pac' and mos' were throwing more power punches. round 3 killed the rest of the fight, when manny knocked shane down it was obvious he was afraid to get hit again... the rest of the fight was a yawn but the dancing toward the later rounds was funny.

i don't blame shane for his performance, i bet it hurt to catch that left between your jaw/neck/ear lol.. his legs were jello for the rest of that round and the beginning of the 4th. manny wasn't so great that night either. i'm not used to watching him attack in a straight line... maybe he knew he could win without combinations from different angles? i don't know but deez' was right, there was too much love in that ring
Damn, I don't remember the dancing, but I was pretty drunk that night since I watched the fight at the bars... I did pre-game at my house, then spend another $70-80 at the bars. But I do remember them hugging at the beginning of one of the later rounds or something, which was a bit silly. I didn't mind the glove-bumping, but it seemed like it happened every single round. But I guess it's just an extension of the mutual respect they had for one another compared to the shit talk that comes from Mayweather who isn't even fighting him.

Far too many people aren't realizing the fact that Shane obviously got hurt in the third round, which made the rest of the fight lackluster, as opposed to the whole fight being boring.

Old 05-11-2011, 02:35 PM
I'm not sure if the booing were heard via PPV but in the MGM Arena it was pretty bad. You can feel the entire arena's aura of discontent. Even from afar you can see that Manny was pretty off. I paid more than double the price for the tix and so does everybody. You always get your money's worth with Pacquiao... not this one.

Old 06-01-2011, 02:53 AM
Wow, that is nice and interesting...I vote for Pacquiao....I like him very much

Old 06-02-2011, 09:27 PM
5 Year Member
I hope you get banned soon