Off Topic Discussion Discuss anything that pleases you here.

An Inconvenient Truth…about JDM - AKA The Death of Innovation

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 09:31 PM
5 Year Member
The Exxon profits really pisses me off. Some of that money should be used else where to keep this country above water. What does corporate america think is going to happen when the dollar finally collapses? The money they have wont buy them anything.

Old 04-28-2011, 09:32 PM
the $$$ is just getting weaker and weaker... I have a few stuff on order and for order (not specifically HKS but from Japan) and it just gets harder and harder... *sigh*

it might not worry a lot of people on where the import (JDM) scene is heading but there are still a few folks who are true to JDM that are hurting... and this is not in a "baller status" kinda way, some things are just the way it is.

just sad...

Old 04-28-2011, 10:35 PM
5 Year Member
GE, among others also turned major profit... and paid no taxes.

I could go on a giant political tangent here, but I think anyone who's paying the least bit of attention to anything other than Faux News should be able to see what's going on.

We need a return to something akin to the Reagan or Clinton Era's style of tax policy. Or better.. the rate tables we had during the 1950's. Marginal taxes included.

Cuts in defense spending, cut corn/ethanol subsidies then raise gasoline taxes, and decrease diesel taxation. Raise corporate taxes, tax capital gains. Increase scrutiny on unemployment insurance, while extending the rights to benefits because that allows the unemployed to not only take care of themselves and their families but it lets them continue to be consumers which drives the economy directly.

Initial purchase and yearly tax increase passenger on SUVs/cars with curb weight greater than 2 tons and/or engine displacement greater than 4.0L or at the very least give them a fuel efficiency cap requirement.. Not that I don't like them, but really they are a big part of the problem and if they aren't going to go away they at least need to get with the times. Manufacturer tax incentives for piezo-electric gas direct injection and forced induction, along with electric hybrids.

Thin out the herds of bureaucracies of nepotism like the department of energy.. On the local level..put that rat-bastard Todd Stroger in labor camp and make him break enough rocks to pay back the nearly $1 billion he and his cronies pilfered and redistributed before he retired. Trim the CPD down from ~6700 officers and associated precincts.

Scrap the bulk of the IRS and its lawyers since we waste untold billions and it only gets increasingly needlessly complex. We need to put a freeze and cap on tuition for private and public college/universities because we need more educated americans staying in country. Tax and capital incentive for entrepreneurs and existing small businesses.

Start implementing programs for Methanol and Hydrogen as passenger vehicle fuels. Tax incentives for windpower and solar. Tax incentives for diesel and diesel-electric vehicles or algae derived diesel and ethanol.

And that list goes on and on. Thats not even touching on all the ways we could redistribute resources to actually create jobs instead of going after non-issues which make for good sound bites and political expediency.

We need help across the board and soon or we are f*cked.

Old 04-29-2011, 02:03 AM
the great depressions may be bad but what we have right now is on a grander scale. empowering the people would be a huge task as almost all jobs that would have been done here have been outsourced. it's going to be a long hard crawl back up from this hole we're in.

Old 04-29-2011, 02:04 AM
5 Year Member
Time to stock up on guns, groceries, gas, and generators.

Old 04-29-2011, 02:08 AM
5 Year Member
Check, check, check and check! Though its only 5kw...

Old 04-29-2011, 02:14 AM
with the Mayan calendar fast approaching... I'll recheck on all those checks

Old 04-29-2011, 02:18 AM
btw... when are you bringing your ride in the shop DSM? Chris is who you will be looking and talking to for your needs... great guy... here's a closer look at his works just hit the "go to" drop down menu

Last edited by ThEvil0nE; 04-29-2011 at 02:20 AM.
Old 04-29-2011, 02:44 AM
5 Year Member
The Laser will be first up, and before I can do that I have to do a couple items:
  • Tap the manifold for a new vac/boost reference for my fuel pressure regulator
  • Wire in and tap the intake side of my EGR blockoff for a new higher resolution 4-bar MAP
  • Wire in and tap the exhaust side of my EGR blockoff plate for the 5-bar MAP to log turbine drive pressure
  • Dial in my global fuel settings for my new injectors which includes everything from the global % correction, base dead time and the battery voltage injector dead time adjustment table
  • Re-do my VE table now that I have installed a larger 3" down pipe and all new 2.75" IC piping for my new 4" IC core, because my airflowperrev readings are waayyy so my FT's are all over the place which has made recalibration a pain this time around
  • Replace the turbo oil feed line with a smaller ID braided ss hose and inline filter
  • New oil pan gasket for the turbo oil return flange

Then it's time for a nice 3" or 3.5" straight pipe all the way back.

Once that is resolved and the Laser has a full exhaust, I can bring the Fit in.

If I bring my turbo and the manifold I'll be using would they be able to cut and weld the existing flange of for a different one?

Or make me a T3 to TD05H housing adapter so I don't have to buy a crappy one off the intarwebz? They are pretty simple stuff:

Aside from that I will need the biggest possible downpipe (TD05H discharge flange of course) and cut-out you can fit back there which can bolt up to a cat'd exhaust.

Last edited by DiamondStarMonsters; 04-29-2011 at 02:58 AM.
Old 04-29-2011, 05:26 AM
I have an '08 Base model and haven't modified a thing on it, but i thoroughly enjoyed this discussion and learned some stuff. thanks!

Old 10-25-2011, 12:05 PM
Well it's official (as posted by RHDJapan) ARC will be back in business starting November with their usual offerings. So the demand is still there after all

Old 10-25-2011, 12:29 PM
5 Year Member
Thank the lawd.

Old 10-25-2011, 01:29 PM
Mackin Industries Inc.
RUMOR BUST: We are seeing an influx of ARC rumors saying that they are returning in November. These rumors are FALSE. We are the official exclusive importers for ARC products.
woops!!!

Old 10-25-2011, 01:31 PM
5 Year Member
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUuuuuuuuu :sob:

Old 10-25-2011, 04:04 PM
5 Year Member
On the brightside after I wrote up the diy intake, flexible plumbing coupler sales soared, one industry suffers and another fills its place

Old 10-26-2011, 12:26 PM
doing a custom intake plenum when I get my j's valve cover