Off Topic Discussion Discuss anything that pleases you here.

iPad, anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2012, 07:15 PM
5 Year Member
^^^ thanks for that app recommendation NPH. ^__^

i've got an iPad 2. i'm an Apple fan but not the stereotypical one where I feel in-adequate whenever there's something newer and better. Now about the iPad...I was skeptical about it at first. I didn't see the value in it as I already have a laptop, and a desktop. But after about 5 months of use, I love the thing. I watch Netflix on it constantly, and when I'm on forums, on FB, reading news, it's usually my go-to device.

Old 03-15-2012, 07:40 PM
5 Year Member
I have had my iPad for about 6 months now and really do like it. I only have one TV at home, and find it very convenient to watch Netflix and shows I have recorded on my Dish DVR.

The iPad 2 has so many cool features and apps that I cannot see upgrading to the iPad 3 unless this one breaks.

I like the calendar feature since it interfaces with my Google and Outlook calendar at work. The Starwalk app is cool & I plan to use it more on summer nights.

Old 06-18-2012, 02:12 PM
5 Year Member
I have a balky 10 year old Dell desktop and a cheap tracfone on which I spend about $7 a month. Never owned a laptop, GPS, or smart phone of any kind. Just bought the new iPad verizon 64Gb and love it. I wanted plenty of capacity to hold large off-line topo & backcountry map apps to use with the GPS functions when out of cell coverage. I have not even activated the cellular data function yet but it works fantastic in the 2009 Fit Sport manual trans. I have the smart cover and found that by folding it forward & under to the triangle shape the iPad slips into perfect position, and STAYS there, on console just in front of shifter with no interference from anything other than blocking access to the cup holders & small storage area. Seems like it was designed for it to FIT there.