Off Topic Discussion Discuss anything that pleases you here.

Why Are Americans Jobless

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2010, 09:59 PM
5 Year Member
Unhappy Why Are Americans Jobless

John Smith started the day early having set his alarm clock (MADE IN
JAPAN) for 6 a.m.

While his coffeepot (MADE IN CHINA) was perking, he shaved with his
electric razor (MADE IN PHILIPPINES).
He put on a dress shirt (MADE IN SRI LANKA), designer jeans (MADE IN
SINGAPORE) and tennis shoes (MADE IN
VIETNAM). After cooking his breakfast in his new electric skillet (MADE
IN INDIA), then he sat down with his calculator (MADE IN MEXICO) to see
how much he could spend today.

After setting his watch (MADE IN TAIWAN) to the radio (MADE IN INDIA),
he got in his car (MADE IN GERMANY) filled it with GAS (from Saudi
Arabia) and continued his search for a good paying AMERICAN JOB.

At the end of yet another discouraging and fruitless day checking his
computer (MADE IN MALAYSIA), John decided to relax for a while. He put
on his sandals (MADE IN BRAZIL) poured himself a glass of wine (MADE IN
FRANCE) and turned on his TV (MADE IN KOREA), and then wondered why he
can't find a good paying job in AMERICA.

AND NOW HE'S HOPING HE CAN GET HELP FROM HIS PRESIDENT (MADE IN KENYA)!

Old 02-14-2010, 11:20 PM
5 Year Member
wow. Almost funny because it was almost true.... then you went ahead and said President Obama was made in Kenya... last time I check Hawaii wasn't Kenya, but whatever canook.

Old 02-15-2010, 02:55 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah, dude, your jokes are lame and often offensive. Go troll reddit or some shit.

Old 02-15-2010, 03:02 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by secondspassed
Yeah, dude, your jokes are lame and often offensive. Go troll reddit or some shit.
Chill off somewhere else if you can't enjoy a joke; besides you don't have to read my posts.

Last edited by Benggolf; 02-15-2010 at 05:29 PM.
Old 02-15-2010, 05:23 PM
5 Year Member
He then went to go for a drive in his Fit. (Made in Japan)

Old 02-15-2010, 06:20 PM
Administrator
5 Year Member
what is your point with this "joke" thread?

Old 02-15-2010, 09:12 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by gimme
what is your point with this "joke" thread?
I'll stick up for Benggolf for a second, he posts jokes I believe with zero social agenda, only for humor. He has many joke posts some are funny, and that is good. I must say being active on forums since 98, folks can be way too uptight and humorless on this particular forum. Some other IB forums are 'rip roaring fasten your seat belt LOL fests'
Very confident he didn't intend to hit anybodys 'hot button' with this one. If you read his posts you will find he is a good natured nice guy.

That is my humble but very astute $.02

BTW Vbulletin forums such as this one have a great ignore feature. Put somebody on your ignore list and they no longer exist.

Last edited by Tork; 02-15-2010 at 09:19 PM.
Old 02-15-2010, 09:35 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Tork
I'll stick up for Benggolf for a second, he posts jokes I believe with zero social agenda, only for humor. He has many joke posts some are funny, and that is good. I must say being active on forums since 98, folks can be way too uptight and humorless on this particular forum. Some other IB forums are 'rip roaring fasten your seat belt LOL fests'
Very confident he didn't intend to hit anybodys 'hot button' with this one. If you read his posts you will find he is a good natured nice guy.

That is my humble but very astute $.02

BTW Vbulletin forums such as this one have a great ignore feature. Put somebody on your ignore list and they no longer exist.
Thanks Tork. You read me right on.

I am totally surprised at some of the reactions of people.
I'll post stuff that I find funny. Guess not everyone may share the same degree of humor as me, but hey guys...live and let live and lighten up. Smile and be happy...you will live longer.

Last edited by Benggolf; 02-15-2010 at 11:58 PM.
Old 02-15-2010, 10:18 PM
5 Year Member
The job situation can be brutal though, it stings to people out of work.
We DO need to make more stuff here, that is for sure.

Gimme, although not ill intended, if you think this one hits to close to home, go ahead and delete it. I think Benggolf would not question your judgement on this.

Old 02-15-2010, 10:22 PM
5 Year Member
In the global economy it doesn't make sense to make more "stuff" here. It is being made else where for a reason, and that is due to efficiencies in the market. Now, should more "stuff" be made here to protect national security? That's debatable and depends on how free you think the market really should be.

Old 02-15-2010, 10:39 PM
Administrator
5 Year Member
No, it doesn't necessarily hit home with me personally. maybe it's just coincidence that the two threads of his I actually read had some so called comedic banter in regards to either the American Economy, or the Government that is running it.

IE this other one https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/off-...0-00-bill.html

Old 04-07-2010, 02:25 AM
me live in michigan, me go to canada a lot, me see lot of can-necks drive down to detriot to shop and buy nearly everything they need and then drive back, me see a lot of can-necks drive their rvs, motorhome, outhouses etc crossing the bridge to go down to florida, man it must be fun to make fun of americans wearing ur american bought clothes, eating your american bought groceries and unfreezing your wrinkled ass in american-florida sun ;-)
Benggolf, no offense taken, joke is a joke, but sometimes one has to be sensitive, but frigid temps or too much alcohol/drugs might impair that.

Old 04-07-2010, 10:54 AM
that wasnt funny at all it was just sad....

Old 04-07-2010, 11:05 AM
5 Year Member
the truth. U.S.A = pointless war = no money= no jobs.

Old 04-07-2010, 11:47 AM
the fact that he is unemployed and has a german car and has designer clothes is a tribute to the american way of life?

Old 04-07-2010, 12:06 PM
Originally Posted by k20a298ek
the truth. U.S.A = pointless war = no money= no jobs.
This has been forthcoming for several Administrations that have done little to curb spending and mismanagement of Federal programs, ie. Fannie & Freddie Mac.

This should scare the crap out of everyone!
http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Old 04-08-2010, 01:52 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by baylorbro
In the global economy it doesn't make sense to make more "stuff" here. It is being made else where for a reason, and that is due to efficiencies in the market. Now, should more "stuff" be made here to protect national security? That's debatable and depends on how free you think the market really should be.
This is it in a nut shell IMHO.........

If companies A thru M move the jobs to Mexico or China, you get cheaper prices, better Wall Street numbers, and huge CEO bonus'

but the tipping point is moving companies n-Z jobs south or offshore. All of a sudden you have shrunk the potential pool of buyers of your product or service. Unemployed people cant spend all that much.

Ford doubled workers wages because he wanted his own factory workers to be able to afford the product they were building. A roaring (1920's) success.

I am just sayin ........this country needs a strong middle class to drive the economy. There is a tipping point where all you get is diminishing returns.

Old 02-03-2011, 12:46 PM
5 Year Member
Smile

The people really you seriously to concern to written, after all it is truth, America of anything doesn't make except cars and small things and it is ridiculous that the American way of life consists of things which they don't make.

Simpsons are after all a parody to your way of life, really among you there are such people which not ridiculously to look cartoon films?

Old 02-03-2011, 12:55 PM
5 Year Member
Bottom line- everything is made overseas to maximize corporate profits plus we do not want to pay the price for goods if they were made in the US.
Most cars made in Japan and Germany are superior.

Old 02-03-2011, 02:40 PM
Uh, the fact that a guy in Moscow is posting about The Simpsons demonstrates that we do still export what we're good at making- TV shows that parody how stupid we are.

Oh, if you go to the countries listed in the original posting you will see American airplanes, American movies, American TV shows, hear American music, see American blue jeans (designed here by an American company, manufactured overseas), etc.

We make what we make most efficiently and let the cheaper labor countries make stuff cheaply that they can best make most cheaply. It makes no sense for us to be stamping out cheap plastic parts in the US if someone will do it cheaper but then use the money to buy what we make best, like airplanes and cartoons.

Oh, and wine and cars and gas are made here too.