Off Topic Discussion Discuss anything that pleases you here.

Why Are Americans Jobless

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2011, 03:29 PM
too much sensitivity... look around you and count the things that are made in the US... now tell me if that's no joke. Even shirts that say MADE IN USA are not made by Americans. I used to live in close proximity to knitting factories in Brooklyn. Everyone on the sewing machines are Mexican/Hispanic origin. Made in USA, yes they are but made by Americans... think not.

Old 02-03-2011, 03:57 PM
5 Year Member
Okay So if we give up our products to be made in a different country because the labor is cheaper, and we shut down factories, and whole industries in this country how does that make U.S. an easier Target if the countries that make all the steel and products cars, foods ect. decide to stop then what.
We have lots of work here in the states it's called interstructure bridges, public buldings, highways, all need repair. I don't get why this administration is hell bent on giving away the monitary wealth of this country. Do you speak Chinees? because @ this point they own more of the U.S. than we do. You say how? with every gold sticker imported into our country. And the Billion dollar loans we get,
zài jiàn !( Good Bye )

Old 02-03-2011, 04:04 PM
Making sure we have enough raw materials to sustain a defense industry is a different issue.

But free trade benefits both countries- hey, we all bought Fits because we thought they were the best car available for the money, right? I've worked for foreign banks- that supplied capital to American companies- and that was another benefit of free trade.

And as far as a previous posting- so you're saying that anybody that you think is Hispanic isn't an American? One thing that makes us a great country is that we're welcoming- you don't have to be born here to become a citizen. But if you were, you are. Period. And by the way, I'm pretty sure that the number of Puerto Ricans in NY way outnumbers the number of Mexicans. Puerto Ricans are Americans by birth.

Old 02-03-2011, 07:28 PM
Originally Posted by Brain Champagne
And as far as a previous posting- so you're saying that anybody that you think is Hispanic isn't an American?
I know this will be thrown at me... Ok I'll make it worse by singling it out, almost all are Mexicans in those knitting factories. Do you really believe that all those working in there pay taxes? I totally agree about America having it's arms wide open... too open that some use it to it's advantage and I'm talking in a "bad" way here. I'm a minority... I pay way more taxes for my own good and this is true with some. I do have a lot of PR friends while in NY but it's not about that... it's about what it is and what really is happening.

Old 02-03-2011, 10:28 PM
Do they pay taxes? Well, is the employer properly withholding taxes from their paychecks?

Old 02-05-2011, 06:08 AM
Originally Posted by Benggolf

John Smith started the day early having set his alarm clock (MADE IN
JAPAN) for 6 a.m.

While his coffeepot (MADE IN CHINA) was perking, he shaved with his
electric razor (MADE IN PHILIPPINES).
He put on a dress shirt (MADE IN SRI LANKA), designer jeans (MADE IN
SINGAPORE) and tennis shoes (MADE IN
VIETNAM). After cooking his breakfast in his new electric skillet (MADE
IN INDIA), then he sat down with his calculator (MADE IN MEXICO) to see
how much he could spend today.

After setting his watch (MADE IN TAIWAN) to the radio (MADE IN INDIA),
he got in his car (MADE IN GERMANY) filled it with GAS (from Saudi
Arabia) and continued his search for a good paying AMERICAN JOB.

At the end of yet another discouraging and fruitless day checking his
computer (MADE IN MALAYSIA), John decided to relax for a while. He put
on his sandals (MADE IN BRAZIL) poured himself a glass of wine (MADE IN
FRANCE) and turned on his TV (MADE IN KOREA), and then wondered why he
can't find a good paying job in AMERICA.

AND NOW HE'S HOPING HE CAN GET HELP FROM HIS PRESIDENT (MADE IN KENYA)!
Wow, is in the U.S. have the same problems as in Russia! We, too, production declined, all the domestic manufacturers have disappeared, almost half the goods made in China. Of the U.S. products are known to me only your movies, I like American movies.